Massive wage budget cut by the board.

I've just started my second season with Forest Green.

The first season went pretty well, finished 7th in the conference and I won the FA Trophy. Didn't spend a single penny, I stayed well with my wage budget, and recouped £100k in sales.

I went into the second season with ideas of strengthening the squad only to find the board had adjusted their wage limit somewhat - from over 25k a week to just 10k.

Leaving me way over budget and no room for manoeuvre in the transfer market. That despite some natural end of contract wastage and funnelling all my transfer budget to the wages.

When I put in a board request for more budget they inform me that what they have set is more than adequate.

That doesn't seem right to me, not when the club is financially healthy and off the back of a cup win?

Agreed. Finances in FMH do no need addressing.

In FMH14, I used to win the Serie A title on a regular basis and would get to the final the Champions League on a regular basis. I was able to upgrade my stadium to over 100,000 capcity and I was always under my wage budget yet every season I would get the standard £27M transfer budget.

This didn't seem right to me. Especially as the likes of Chelsea and Arsenal were spending close to £100M every season.

I was hoping finances would be fixed for FMH15.

• SI Staff

I think the reason this is happening with Forest Green is that in real life, they are being funded somewhat over what they 'should' be in the conference but not to the extent that it is considered a sugar daddy. We'll look to see what we can do about this, their financial state is probably set as lower than it could be.

In FMH14, I used to win the Serie A title on a regular basis and would get to the final the Champions League on a regular basis. I was able to upgrade my stadium to over 100,000 capcity and I was always under my wage budget yet every season I would get the standard £27M transfer budget.

Alari, can you definitively say, yes or no: Does upgrading your stadium (assuming you fill it) improve your finances in later seasons?

• SI Staff
Alari, can you definitively say, yes or no: Does upgrading your stadium (assuming you fill it) improve your finances in later seasons?
Gradually, yes it does somewhat. Though it's not guaranteed that this will cause budgets to be automatically bigger, there are a lot of other factors that go into that.

This happened to me as well! with AFC Wimbledon had to cut wage budget by half! which is just ludicrous! i over exceeded expectations by finishing in play-offs but losing out and they gave me no transfer budget and cut my wage budget in half but haven't got that save any more as it was impossible to carry on'

Archived