Youth Development in FM15

Hi guys,

I hope you're all enjoying FM15...i'm currently downloading it now.

Is anyone able to share any information on how youth development is in FM15 and how it is changed from FM14?

My general impression in FM14 was loaning players was mostly useless and playing in u21/u18 reserves didn't do anything for development either...would love to know if it's bit more realistic now?

I still seem to run into serious problems when loaning my players out to championship\lower league clubs.

They will guarantee to me that the player will be a first team player and then proceed to play him in their own reserves while occasionally giving him an appearance in the senior team.

The AI is also very bad at managing player fitness and I've seen my loan players getting to the point of exhaustion and continue to be played.

Given all that, I generally only loan out players who don't have a hope in hell of even making the matchday squad, perhaps because there is an even better prospect in their position, and I always put in a recall option (you can only use it during transfer windows, but it's still something).

At the end of the day my experience is that as always, there's nothing that compares to playtime under your management, and correct tutoring is still great.

I really wish SI will look at youth development next year and at the very least make loans more useful for actually developing a player, as they are in real life.

The thing I have found that helps is sending the player to a team with a Manager who has a very high working with youngsters attribute and I also make sure the facilities there are very very good. If I'm not sold on the manager having the attributes I want I look at the secondary staff to make sure my young player will be looked after.

what i do for my youth is my U21 is set for 18-21 yr olds and has a roster limit of 2 gk 6 d, 5 midfielders and 4 strikers theres extras in there for injuries. that will be the roster size for my U21 and my U18 will have the same roster. My U18 roster will be 15-17 yr olds soon as they turn 18 and i feel that they are good enough for my reserve squad i would put them on my U21/reserve squad. if they don't then i will transfer for them. That way all of my players are always playing and that my fiances arent being spent on weaker players.

]The thing I have found that helps[/b] is sending the player to a team with a Manager who has a very high working with youngsters attribute and I also make sure the facilities there are very very good. If I'm not sold on the manager having the attributes I want I look at the secondary staff to make sure my young player will be looked after.

Are you using your own logic here, or have you actually observed that in the game? I'd be surprised if anyone has got far enough into FM15 yet to notice any significant development of youth players.

Are you using your own logic here, or have you actually observed that in the game? I'd be surprised if anyone has got far enough into FM15 yet to notice any significant development of youth players.

It's pretty much my own logic, and it worked really well on FM 14. If the manager has good Working with youngsters and good facilities the players will develop much faster then they would with a manager say like Gary Megson. If I think my player may struggle at a club who promises first team football, but he is beat out then I look at how the youth facilities are.

Archived