Short Corners

Greetings all. I tried to post in the general feedback thread but unfortunately for the mods it has been inundated with the same annual complaints that are addressed over and over again (is it save game compatible, too many injuries, etc.). Forgive me if this is the wrong sub-forum to post it in, I just haven't determined if it's a bug or merely an issue I am facing.

Thus far I have found it completely impossible to instruct my players to take a short corner. I'm playing as Liverpool so there are a lot of smart, highly technical players but we're rather weak in the air, especially when we travel to your Stokes or Crystal Palaces. I've tried to set both sides' corners to short and in the set-piece creator I've always set either Coutinho or Sterling to come short, and not once have I seen a short one taken. It isn't as if the short-option has been marked either, Gerrard (or whoever else takes the corner) does not follow my instructions.

Is this an issue I alone am having or is it a possible bug?

• 2 months later...

I'm having the exact same problem. I've been trying various thing in order to implement a short option for corners; focusing training on att. set pieces, resetting corner instructions completely, having player either offer or not offer short option, changing the corner taker etc., but to no avail. After an entire season, I have still not seen one single short corner taken. I reckon it's a bug...

Yeah I would like to see this sorted as well. Playing as Spurs, I'm sick and tired of seeing Christian "Corners 16" Eriksen bang every corner into the first man. Granted, this is entirely realistic, but I'd like to be able to tell him to stop bothering and play it short.

• 2 months later...

Archived