Margate FC

Vipertitan

175px-MargateFC_zpsdb93ba83.png

Game Setup

i only loaded England up for this years save as I'm playing as part of dafuge challenge and im looking forward to see how my game save take place as i go a long and also be doing this as part of the ri916's FM15 Youth Academy Challenge too.

History

Margate Football Club was founded in 1896 as an amateur club, playing friendly matches on local school grounds, In the years prior to the First World War the club played in several different amateur leagues, with little success, and played at various grounds in the Margate area before settling on a pitch at what would later become the Dreamland amusement park in 1912.After the war Margate joined the original Kent League, but in 1923 the league suspended the team due to financial irregularities and the club promptly folded. A year later the club reformed, initially under the name Margate Town, and returned to the Kent League, still playing at Dreamland, but folded again due to heavy debts. In 1929 the club reformed once again and moved to its present home at Hartsdown Park, leasing part of the park from the local council for conversion into a football stadium. Around this time Margate signed a Dutch player, a highly unusual move in an era when it was almost unknown for Continental players to move to English clubs. After the Second World War the Gate continued to play in the Kent League under new manager Charlie Walker, who led the team to two Kent League championships but was then controversially sacked. The team slumped during a succession of rapid managerial changes which only ended in 1950 when Almer Hall was appointed manager, a post he was to hold for the next twenty years. Under Hall the team won a host of local cup honours and reached the rounds proper of the FA Cup on a number of occasions, but never managed to match this success in league competition.In 1959–60 Margate returned to the Southern League after the Kent League folded, and in 1962–63 won the Division One championship and with it promotion to the Premier Division. Two years later the club turned full-time professional but this policy proved financially untenable when the team were relegated back to Division One in 1965–66. Nonetheless, they won promotion at the first attempt and returned to the Premier Division in 1967.

Club Profile - Semi professional team with high ambitions.

General Info - Local Derby's with Dover and Ramsgate should be interesting will be looking to beat these in my save as much as i can.

Squad - we seem to an average squad by the look of things hopefully i can add to this.

Finances - look ok at this time but i will no doubt make it worse.

Manager Profile - i set my self to the lowest possible as i want to work my way up with Margate. i have gone for new 4 5 1 formation witch i will use in the League and maybe change it in cups.

Good luck with this, can't imagine it'll be easy especially with the youth aspect, but best of luck with it, will be following this.

By the way, what's your training/youth facilities like?

Sorry i forgot to put the screen shot that on bud Fairly basic so i will be asking later as we move up the leagues to try and improve them.

Margate - Vanarama Conference South - 2015/16

This was my first season in charge i was expecting a safe mid table finish this season

League Table

Past Positions - I was happy with the way the squad got there heads down and managed to get promotion first time asking.

FA Cup- we reached the forth qualifying round and got beat by Bristol Rovers in a replay 3-2.

FA Trophy - A decent run in this was ended by Altrincham 3 2.

Transfers - a made few signings this season they did well.

Squad1

Squad2- it took a while for the squad to get used to the way i wanted them to play but the seamed to enjoy the way i wanted to play.

Finances - I went over my wage budget a bit and we are in the red by £347K.

Key Player Profiles:

Daniel Sparkes - top scorer this season he was just a brilliant.

Nikki Bull - he was my first choice goalkeeper the only decent one i had.

Mark Overton -decent season from the 17 year old looking forward to seeing his development.

Sam Rents - probably our best player in the midfield his crossing and passing was class.

Alli Abdullahi - our def midfielder and he was quality all threw out the season.

Career Overview

Season    League                     Position    Achievements
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2015/16   Vanarama Conference South  3rd     play off winners  

Next Season

next season is all about avoiding relegation and managing the clubs finances a bit better than i have been.

Margate - Vanarama Conference - 2016/17

So after securing a play off win last season we set about trying find the right squad balance to avoid relegation.

League Table

Past Positions - I was pleased with the teams early start to the season but some how we got bought back into the relegation battle due to poor form from the players.

FA Cup- we reached the forth qualifying round and got beat by Paulton Rovers.

FA Trophy - knew we were not going to win this we got beat in fourth Leamington 3-2.

Transfers - a made few signings this season to improve the squad some of them were good and some were well below par.

Squad1

Squad2- the players took a while to get used to the standard of football that i wanted to play they are still learning to.

Finances - I stayed within the wage budget this season witch i was surprised by but we are still in the red by £216k.

Key Player Profiles:

Simeon Akinola - top scorer this season he was just a brilliant.

Nikki Bull - he was pritty poor this season.

Mikhael Jaimez-Ruiz -bought in to give Nikki Bull some competition did ok but could do better.

Brett Johnson - probably our best Defender had solid season.

Javlon Campbell - took a while for him to settle in but looks decent.

Career Overview

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2016/17   Vanarama Conference          19th     None 

Next Season

this season was a tough battle to avoid relegation so i will be looking to avoid relegation again next season and do well in the cups to try and generate some income to de crease the balance of the finances.

• 3 weeks later...

Margate - Vanarama Conference - 2017/18

I wanted to try and build upon our first campaign in the Vanarama Conference and try and better our finish this season.

League Table

Past Positions -i did not expect fireworks from my team but nice good run form would of been nice but we were poor all season and got relegated.

FA Cup- we had poor finances so wanted bit of run to try and boost the finances a bit with help of a first round replay vs Leyton Orient and lost 2 -0.

FA Trophy - wanted to try the kids in this competition this season see how they did and they did well got to a third round replay and lost 3-0 to Worcester.

Transfers - i had to let few players leave due to wage budget being to high.

Squad- small group players was proberly reason why we were relegated.

Finances - I was told to try and make some extra income by selling players so i did and finances are £325k in the red.

Key Player Profiles:

Simeon Akinola - top scorer last season but could not find the back of the net much this season poor season.

Brett Johnson - again was another player who i was pretty disappointed with not like last season.

Jide Maduako - my best player of the season was only high point of the season.

Career Overview

2017/18   Vanarama Conference          24th     None 

Next Season

to try and sort the clubs finances out and try and bounce straight back up.

You signed players? Didn't think you could do for the Youth Academy Challenge (hence why I've not tried it).

Akinola's brilliant at Conference South level, but finds the step up a little challenging.

KUTGW. :thup:

You signed players? Didn't think you could do for the Youth Academy Challenge (hence why I've not tried it).

Akinola's brilliant at Conference South level, but finds the step up a little challenging.

KUTGW. :thup:

i was not going to but the players that came threw were not ready and need more development. he was good season before and could not find net for some reason.

Margate - Vanarama Conference South - 2018/19

so start of a new season we were relegated last season and i wanted to try and avoid the relegation again.

League Table

Past Positions - as you can see our form was a bit hit and miss but pleased with were we finished.

FA Cup-we are never going to win this but bit cup run every season would't go a miss to help the clubs finances.

FA Trophy - felt we had good chance at this this season we did ok in the games we played.

Transfers - sent few players off on free transfers and bought few in.

Squad- half of the squad will be leave at the end of the season as they will not negotiate new deals.

Finances -£251k in the red so the players that are leave at end of their contracts this season will hopefully make this drop a bit.

Key Player Profiles:

Joe Down - top scorer this season with 17 goals in 35 games.

Luke Moore - was pleased with how he played in the midfield was quality.

Richard Stephenson -one of the better defenders at the club had solid season.

Zac Attwood -this guy was quality once he found his scoring boots again .

Career Overview

2018/19   Vanarama Conference South   6h     None 

Next Season

to try and balance the club wages a bit better and promote some of the kids and start developing them.

Margate - Vanarama Conference South - 2019/20

this season was about brining the kids up from the under 21's and under 18's and getting rid of the dead wood, the players that i picked did well this season.

League Table

Past Positions - as you can see we went on to win the league and was not expecting to we were 40-1 to win it on the last day of the season.

FA Cup- i wanted to try new formation in this years FA CUP and seamed to do well we got to the third qualifying round this year.

FA Trophy - played most of the second team in this they were not good nuff.

Transfers - as you can see got rid of most first team to try and reduce the high wage bill that we have.

Squad1

Squad2- with half the first team from last season gone i set about bringing players up from the under 21 and 18 to see how they were development was going and have to say going quite well.

Finances -the project balance 10.5k should be decent wage budget for next season.

Key Player Profiles:

Joe Down - top scorer again this season 47 games 28 goals.

Mark Overton - building the squad around this guy he is quality.

Pete Agutter -one the kids i bought up second top scorer with 13 goals out 28 games.

Francis Obaje -injuries did not help this kid only played 8 games this season did well when he was fit.

Career Overview

2018/19   Vanarama Conference South   6h      
2019/20   Vanarama Conference South   1st     Champions 

Next Season

Try and avoid relegation and stay within my wage budget.

• 3 weeks later...

Margate - Vanarama Conference - 2020/21

So after promotion i was wanting to try and get a formation to avoid relegation so i set about trying different formations

League Table

Past Positions - we were in good form at the start of the season of two half's were we were good at the start and really poor in the second half.

FA Cup- We got to second round this season and got Cambridge united and got beat 4-0.

FA Trophy - played Barnet fc in the first round and had reply got beat 2 1.

Transfers -i know i said i was not going to buy anyone but i need re enforcements as squad was weak.

Squad1

Squad2-i dunno what happend to the players they played well in first part off season then form dropped.

Finances -they are still poor but managed to stay in wage budjet range of £4.07 per week.

Key Player Profiles:

Joe Down - poor season compared to last season but did ok played 47 games and scoring 19 times .

Mark Overton - injuries kept him out of the squad for most the season but did well when he was fit.

Richard Stephenson -highlight of season was solid at the back.

Career Overview

2020/21   Vanarama Conference             20th  None  

Next Season

To try and avoid relegation and keep my better players fit for the long hard season a head.

Well done staying up, I always say that's the priority for the 1st season after a promotion as you know there'll be a couple of sides worse than you the year after
yea season started off well but form was poor at second half season just hope don't do same again this season.

Margate - Vanarama Conference - 2021/22

This season was much like last season we could not get any kind of form going

League Table

Past Positions - but we managed to stay in the league only just on the last day of the season.

FA Cup- We are never going to win this but few good cup wins would not go a miss.

FA Trophy - played my fringe players in this years competition to give them match practice and did ok.

Transfers -i was not going to buy anyone but i had to the squad was soo weak.

Squad1

Squad2- We were proberly the worst team in the league to be honest im suppressed we managed to stay in the league.

Finances - just when i think they are getting better they get worse.

Key Player Profiles:

Joe Down - much better season from him top scorer.

Bartlomiej Fogler -bit poor season from him this year want see improvment next season.

Richard Stephenson -ever present at the back was solid this season yet again.

Nikolas Charalabous - originally bought for cover but has been doing grate.

Career Overview

2021/22   Vanarama Conference             19th  None  

Next Season

I will try and look to play a different formation than the one i have been use and stick, hopefully have a good cup run try generate finances a bit better.

• 2 weeks later...

Margate - Vanarama Conference - 2022/23

The season started off quite well made few signings to improve the squad that i thought would be good.

League Table

Past Positions - so after a decent start we managed to get relegated.

FA Cup- We were knocked out in fourth round qualifying by Welling United.

FA Trophy - played my full team in this and managed to get to the fourth round and lost 6 -5 to Boston United

Transfers - with the relegation lot of my first team wanted to leave so i let them.

Squad- A lot of the squad have left because they did not want to stay and fight to get back up.

Finances -hopefully with the players leave this will reduce the wages and make them better next season.

Key Player Profiles:

Joe Down - poor season by his standards

Richard Stephenson -poor season from him this year want see improvement next season .

Jason Gill -proberly the best player in the team.

Career Overview

2021/22   Vanarama Conference             19th  None  
2022/23   Vanarama Conference             21th  Relegated  

Next Season]

Try and rebuild the team and focus on the youth set up.

Archived