Going 'Old Skool' for FM15

I'm putting this idea out there to see how many people would be interested in my results but, I have this idea/plan for FM15 when the full game is released.

My plan is as follows:

Take a low level English team (open to suggestions) from their starting league to the Champions League. Obviously, this is the aim of everyone who plays but there is a catch.

The catch:

The only formations allowed to be used are, as the title suggests, 'Old Skool'. Formations such as Herbert Chapman's W-M, The infamous 'Catenaccio' or,if I'm feeling lucky' Total Football.

This may end up panning out like another 'story' thread but I have decided to drop it in here as I aim to focus primarily on the tactics used as opposed to posting my transfers and such. Any suggestions as to which team to start as, formations you guys would like to see used or even whether or not you guys would be interested in the results would be appreciated.

If you keep it primarily tactics-based it would fit in just fine here. I would be interested in what formations you choose and how you set them up, and even more, how you get on with them. Cleon did a W-M at one point, and some others have tried the "Back to the Future" approach. I'd vote for a crack at the W-M just to see how badly you get stomped using it :D, or more seriously, how you set up your squad to cover the deficiencies.

Every single version yeah its always the first formation I use:D

I think that, due to starting in the bargain basement team wise, I will end up leaning towards the Catenaccio as my defensive/main formation and look at other options for attacking.

Archived