bundesliga what-the-heck (players in "first 11")

Was setting up my squad pre-match and it gave me a "no more than 3 non-EU players in the first 11" warning, so I moved a couple players and set my squad. Get ready to make a substitution at 70 minutes and again up comes the "No more than 3 non-EU players in the first 11"...um, this is 70 minutes into the game, am I not allowed to have more than 3 non-EU players on the field for the entire match, because that's going to make it really hard to make substitutions if I have to sub off two players to make one non-EU substitution. (Note, I've never managed in Germany before this season, and I'm working with the squad my predecessor left me).

was this a German Cup game or Bundasleaga (sp?). i didnt think the german 1st division had any rules like that, but ive played in many cups around europe and many of them have rules like that

and yes you might have to sub a non eu for another non eu or do a double sub

It was a Cup game, that must be the problem - I've played in Denmark and they have Cup rules that require 5 subs, one has to be a GK, and 3 have to be U-23 or something like that. Made it almost impossible to make a sub.

You'll still need to have no more than 3 Non-EU players in your 11 at all times. Otherwise teams would be able to exploit it by fielding a first 11 of 3 Non-EU and then immediately making subs to bring on another 3, if they wanted.

Archived