Transfer balance in relation to the following year's budget

Hi All,

Just wondering how the ending balance of the transfer/payroll budget affects (if any) the following year's balance that the board sets.

If I'm given a 10M budget at the start of season 1, and I only spend 2M, will that 8M balance "roll over" so for Season 2? So I'll get that 8M (or, rather part/most of that unspent $ - I guess it depends on the clubs finance, etc, etc) on top of the initial budget for season 2?

As Fraz has said budgets are based on the bank account (+ any outstanding transfer payments) at the moment they are set.

The transfer budget isn't rolled over but if you don't spend it the chances are they'll be more money in the bank account when the next budgets are set.

Great - thanks for the reply and WOW to that response time.

So basically, the Board makes a "brand new" decision based on the financial situation of the club at the end of the season, however - having a big transfer balance at the end of the season does help the financial situation....

So I guess if my club is financially healthy, I'm encouraged to spend it, since, having a balance won't necessarily allow me to to use that $ the next season. (i.e. with my example from above, the board may just give me a 10M balance again - so I could have spent that 8M).

Great - thanks for the reply and WOW to that response time.

So basically, the Board makes a "brand new" decision based on the financial situation of the club at the end of the season, however - having a big transfer balance at the end of the season does help the financial situation....

Yes more or less.

The important thing is the bank balance NOT the transfer balance. However big transfer balance remaining = bigger bank balance.

So I guess if my club is financially healthy, I'm encouraged to spend it, since, having a balance won't necessarily allow me to to use that $ the next season. (i.e. with my example from above, the board may just give me a 10M balance again - so I could have spent that 8M).

If you had spent the 8m you might have only been given 6m rather than 10m the next season.

Archived