Shall I change club?

I am currently managing Liverpool in year 2017/2018

I started unemployed and became manager of Huracan in Argentina - winning promotion in my 1st season and then winning the Premier Division in the 2nd season. I got offered the Liverpool job after the finished 14th the previous year. Since then I have finished 2nd, 1st and 1st - winning the Champions League the last 2 seasons.

My side currently lines up like this

Leno

Danilo

Sandro (Brazilian Regen)

Orozco (Mexican Regen)

Shaw

Romero

Will Hughes

Barkley

Coutinho

James Rodriguez

Gabriel Barbosa

I have a lot of excellent youngsters that make up the rest of my squad that I keep promoting but I am getting a little bored - we are dominating teams in the PL and the Champions League, Rodriguez is a freak - breaking assist records each year.

With me getting bored, would you resign and then wait for a position somewhere else to try and get that enjoyment back?

Whenever i get bored in a club I resign. There is no point in staying if it means you're gonna get bored of the game. I managed United for 12 seasons, got bored and moved on. Then after another 10-11 season job became avalible again and I took it. If I would stay in manchester for another few seasons, i would probably get bored and stop playing FM14.

And by doing that, I now play my longest(it's currently 2040/41 season) and most enjoyable save I ever had in FM. So for the first time i will probaby not pre-order FM because I still enjoy current version of it.

Cheers

I personally set myself goals once I have a winning team.

Trying to go undefeated, score 100 goals, concede less than 10 goals etc. this always seems to keep my interest. Ultimately though once I'm fully bored of a save I start again.

I personally set myself goals once I have a winning team.

Trying to go undefeated, score 100 goals, concede less than 10 goals etc. this always seems to keep my interest. Ultimately though once I'm fully bored of a save I start again.

If we didn't concede stupid goals at times then I would go for the concede less than 10 goals challenge - sometimes that is uncontrollable. I wanted to sell all of my main players - Coutinho, Rodriguez, Barbosa, Romero, Balanta (who I did sell) and replace them with either my youngsters or top English talent, but I didn't in the end.

I might resign - my theory is that a top manager from another top side will get my job and the club he leaves will be interested in having me so I might play out that scenario

Archived