British Isle Challenge

So, i guess no one is really up for "new" challenges this deep into FM14, but i did this on about FM12 and really had fun, so figured no harm in posting and if it sails off the bottom of the page untouched.....so be it!

Intro

I will keep it brief.....on the standard FM DB (with no custom leagues), within the British Isles, there are some 31 trophies which can possibly be won, at first team level (by my reconning at least).

They are:

England

English Premier Division

English Championship

English League One

English League Two

English Skrill Premier

English Skrill North

English Skrill South

English FA Cup

English Capital One Cup

English Community Shield

English Johnstones Paint Trophy

English FA Trophy

Scotland

Scottish Premiership

Scottish Championship

Scottish League One

Scottish League Two

Scottish Cup

Scottish League Cup

Scottish League Challenge Cup

Ireland

Irish Premier Division

Irish First Division

Irish Senior Challenge Cup

Irish League Cup

Irish Munster Senior Cup*

Northern Ireland

N Ireland Danske Premiership

N Ireland Championship 1

N Ireland Championship 2

N Irish Cup

N Irish League Cup

N Irish County Antrim Shield*

N Irish Steel & Sons Cup*

N Irish Intermediate Cup*

N Irish Mid Ulster Cup*

Wales

Welsh Premier League

Welsh Cup

Welsh Premier League Cup

(* - These are, as i understand it, regional or invitation based tournement which are only open to certain teams within the country based on location, therefore are not included in the total count, but shown for completness....)

The Challenge

Simple - Win as many of the 31 as you possibly can, in one career. You can win them in any order, with as many different clubs as you choose. This is not a "bottom up" challenge like most others. You can start this challenge as Man City if you like, but your only going to tick off 4 at most before you need to move clubs...... The fun i find in this is moving around clubs and countries and even levels of football. You might go from Coventry to Cliftonville, from Bangor to Blackpool, from Brechin to Barrow.......

The DB/Leagues/set up

• Standard 14.3 Database
  • Data updates are allowed - its not a strict competition and these wont likely make it any easier or harder (just more up to date)
  • No custom leagues should be added
  • The other settings can be as you wish - Enable or disable attribute masking depending on preference, would recommend "add players to playable teams" is ticked
  • Manager rep can be anything - I know making it "international" will make the game "easier" in theory but thats not really the point of this "challenge". If you choose to go "sunday league" then getting jobs at first will be more tricky
  • You can start with ANY TEAM you like. Its not bottom up, you can start in deepest darkest chimmney corner or you can start at Stamford Bridge. Its up to you how to play it

The "Rules"

There are not many

• No use of in game editor or 3rd party editor - impossible to prove for the later i appreciate but its more fun without it
  • Give us a few screenshots would ya lads
  • Be as narative as you like if you want to post updates
  • Dont save and re-load - its just boring really
  • Change clubs as often as you like - You could, i guess, complete this with 5 clubs, or 25. Your career, your choice
  • If you get the Tin Tack, you can apply for any other jobs and keep going. If you quit and start a new career though, you start the 31 from scratch

And thats it......i honestly had great fun doing this a few years ago. I ticked off all of Wales and most of the 2 Irelands, plus 2 Scottish and 2 English before the next version of FM came out!

You can of course start unemployed, or do what i did. Click the "find a club for me" button and take the first one it brings up (seriously regretting that.......)

Hopefully at least one person will have a go...........even if not the pages and pages of the traditional ones!

PS - please point out any errors in the competitions lists/counting......

Er one follow up.......... I clicked the little Union Jack icon to put next to the post, thinking "ah that goes well with the title" - OF course apologies to my friends in Eire for any offence caused!

And should, by some miracle, this thread last past 18th September, god willing i shall also extend my apology to my fellow Scots :D:D

Banbridge in the Norn Iron second division C2...........they are brutal to begin with. 250 smackers a week wage budget.......i figured the random club option would at least give me a "middle" club but it seems it went on a search for the worst club in the british isles and sent me there...........grrrr! Still, lets see where a season takes me

I set this up this morning before heading to work, so there won't be any screenshots - so from memory, here's where I'm at;

Manager Profile

Name: Aboubakari Sausage (funnily enough, not my name - but the name of a regen I had in 2006 that has always made me chuckle)

Nationality: Ghanaian/Welsh

DOB: 13.06.1976

Past Experience: Professional Footballer

At this point I clicked the 'Pick a club for me' button. I made only one rule with this, and it was that I did not want to start off in England - so if an English club were to come up, I would click again. Alas, I got lucky and the first team to come up was...

17-trans.png

Hamilton Academical Football Club

'The Accies'

I must admit, I was pretty chuffed with this. I've been given a club who have a chance of winning a trophy in Season 1, so hopefully that's exactly what I'll do! They don't have much cash, but they have a good youth set up and it could be a really decent platform to build a reputation and successful career. There are a couple of areas in the squad that need improving, but overall they're in good shape.

With this in mind, the possible trophies I can win in my first season are;

Scottish Championship

Scottish Cup

Scottish League Cup

The most realistic of these is probably the Championship, as I imagine it'll be a few years until I can break the dominance of Celtic - but you never know! It'd be great to tick any one of these off the list (If I manage to reach the playoffs, I may even play to lose in order to give me a decent chance next season).

I'll also be keeping an eye out for jobs opening up - if I spot a club get relegated who are generally too good for the league below, I'll have to seriously consider my options (I'm thinking along the lines of Wolves or Newcastle from a few seasons back) - though if things are going well with The Accies then I see no reason why I should stop until I win at least five of the seven Scottish trophies.

...and there we have it - I won't be getting through the seasons particularly quickly, so my updates could be quite irregular but I'm pretty determined to give this a decent go. I'll get a few games in tonight, but probably won't get another chance to play until the weekend.

I'm going to come out of the shadows and give this a darn good go, one question though: Can I load other nation's leagues, even if it's only in "view-only"?

Yeah good shout - absolutely no reason why you cant load up other leagues, even if they are playable. Its not likely to impact the difficult or the overall challenge as European trophies are not part of the challenge. I guess for some the number of leagues might get high and give performance issues, but if you have the system to handle it, i say go for it!

I set this up this morning before heading to work, so there won't be any screenshots - so from memory, here's where I'm at;

Manager Profile

Name: Aboubakari Sausage (funnily enough, not my name - but the name of a regen I had in 2006 that has always made me chuckle)

Nationality: Ghanaian/Welsh

DOB: 13.06.1976

Past Experience: Professional Footballer

At this point I clicked the 'Pick a club for me' button. I made only one rule with this, and it was that I did not want to start off in England - so if an English club were to come up, I would click again. Alas, I got lucky and the first team to come up was...

17-trans.png

'The Accies'

I must admit, I was pretty chuffed with this. I've been given a club who have a chance of winning a trophy in Season 1, so hopefully that's exactly what I'll do! They don't have much cash, but they have a good youth set up and it could be a really decent platform to build a reputation and successful career. There are a couple of areas in the squad that need improving, but overall they're in good shape.

With this in mind, the possible trophies I can win in my first season are;

Scottish Championship

Scottish Cup

Scottish League Cup

The most realistic of these is probably the Championship, as I imagine it'll be a few years until I can break the dominance of Celtic - but you never know! It'd be great to tick any one of these off the list (If I manage to reach the playoffs, I may even play to lose in order to give me a decent chance next season).

I'll also be keeping an eye out for jobs opening up - if I spot a club get relegated who are generally too good for the league below, I'll have to seriously consider my options (I'm thinking along the lines of Wolves or Newcastle from a few seasons back) - though if things are going well with The Accies then I see no reason why I should stop until I win at least five of the seven Scottish trophies.

...and there we have it - I won't be getting through the seasons particularly quickly, so my updates could be quite irregular but I'm pretty determined to give this a decent go. I'll get a few games in tonight, but probably won't get another chance to play until the weekend.

Yup that is a great starting club to get. Decent chance of 2 trophies in season 1, with the challenge cup (if you can avoid Rangers). Hamilton have a great youth setup and some youngesters who are future stars (in relation to the levely the play at that is).

Im jealous! My Northern Irish mob of part timers and non contract players are beyond awful. We have lost a few players as no cash to offer them paying contracts already.....long hard season ahead!

Yup that is a great starting club to get. Decent chance of 2 trophies in season 1, with the challenge cup (if you can avoid Rangers). Hamilton have a great youth setup and some youngesters who are future stars (in relation to the levely the play at that is).

Im jealous! My Northern Irish mob of part timers and non contract players are beyond awful. We have lost a few players as no cash to offer them paying contracts already.....long hard season ahead!

Aha, didn't realise the Challenge Cup excluded the Premiership! I might sacrifice the other cups for the sake of that one then.

Yes, I was very lucky. I was dreading what might've come up, so to be in with a shout of ticking some off the list early on is a great little boost.. Not sure how optimistic I'd be feeling should I have ended up up with Annan Athletic or someone similar. Still, I think toppling Celtic will be tough - as will defeating TNS in Wales - unless of course, I take over at those clubs at some point. Would've potentially preferred to get Rangers, as it would've given me the chance of League 1 as well but I can't complain at all.

Don't really know anything about the Irish and Northern Irish leagues so I'm looking forward to getting over there at some point, but for now I'm very content.

British Isles Challenge - Season One - Banbridge F.C

Banbridge_Town.png

Division- Northern Irish Second Division

Final position - 15th of 16 - RELEGATED

Summary

It was always going to be a real fight. We were tipped to finish 13th, but i have no idea why anyone would think we could get that high. With a wage budget of £250 per week, and most of the players on non contract it was brutal. We were terrible the first half of the season, but picked up after the turn of the year and crept out of the relegation places for a few weeks. Heavy fixtures started to take its toll though and we slipped back to the basement. Going into the last day we still had a chance to stay up but need to win and alas we lost 2 v 1 to the might of Chimney Corner......

Cups were wierdly the opposite. We were amazing. We got to the Semi Final of the Northern Irish league cup, only losing to the Prem winners Portadown.

Amazingly, we also won a trophy!!!!! Sadly it doesnt count as it was one of the damn regional ones (Mid Ulster Cup) so i dont get anything towards the figure of 32.

I resigned in disgrace as soon as relegation was confirmed......

Onwards and upwards

Trophy count - Zero

17-trans.png

'The Accies'

Season 2013-14

Having been pretty optimistic with my team, just a couple of months in and it looks as though I'll not be winning anything in my first season.

Challenge Cup

I was drawn against Livingston in the first round of the Challenge Cup, my first competetive game - and I felt things would turn against me but a 3-1 victory was a great boost - on top of that, only 6 Championship sides remained after the first round, meaning that I would most likely be drawn against lower league opposition in the next round.

I was, and a comfortable victory over Stirling Albion put me into the Quarter Finals where I was drawn against fellow Championship team, Raith Rovers. By this point I'd become quite confident. Raith were one of only 4 Championship clubs remaining, and if I were to knock them out I would've gone into the Semi Finals in a strong position. But alas... It wasn't meant to be.

I had taken a 2-0 lead in the first half, and warned my team against complacency at half time - but unfortunately, the buggers didn't listen and Raith pegged a goal back within a few minutes of the restart. In the 92nd bloody minute, one of their players whacked the ball into the top corner, leaving my 'keeper with no chance. 2-2, extra time followed..

Nothing really happened in extra time, and so we went to penalties.. Nobody missed a penalty until it was 6-6 and my captain whacked the ball into the legs of the 'keeper. I could've slapped him. The Raith player coolly slotted the ball into the bottom corner to send me out of the competition 6-7 on penalties - having been literally one minute away from going through.

League Cup

The League Cup was worse. I had been drawn against Montrose of Scottish League 2. I was confident and made the decision to play a strong side. I picked the same team that had beaten Livingston 3-1 in the Challenge Cup, but for some reason they just didn't show up. I got beaten in what was a pretty even game. The Montrose players seemed to play to a standard higher than they should've been capable!

Championship

My league form has been erratic to say the least. I've won against the better teams, lost against the worse and generally haven't found any sort of rhythm. I'm currently sitting 4th in the table, but it's pretty close so there's a chance I could mount a title challenge this year if I find some consistency.

All this taken into account, the remaining trophies I can possibly win this season are;

Scottish Championship (Media prediction of 4th)

Scottish Cup

The trophies I've missed out on so far are;

Scottish League Cup

I'll get some screenshots up later today - or failing that, I'll do it over the weekend.

Decent enough start baronia - Shame about the challenge cup. I think its safe to say this is much harder on FM14 that it might have been in previous years!

Go for it Lenzar - Great to hear from anyone doing this.

For myself, after resigning from my first job i stayed in Northern Irelend, and even stayed in County Down. I moved up a league though! Warrenpoint Town had been relegated from the top division and allowed me the chance to try and get them back up. A more generous £1K per week wage budget (which we are 200 quid over already!) but still a real challenge!

Go for it. It nice to get a club were you can get off to a flier i think. Once the first couple are ticked off, you feel like your off the ground. I will be amazed if any of us have the longevity to complete this, since i think the minimum possible is about 18 seasons, and even then very unlikely you can do it that quickly! Fun trying though, my second season just finished and write up in a moment :)

British Isles Challenge - Season Two - Warrenpoint Town

Warrenpoint-Town.png

Division- Northern Irish First Division

Final position - 1st of 14 - WINNERS!

League Summary

Now thats a bit more like it! As a relegated team last season, we started as the bookies favourites for promotion, but we did have to do a bit of rebuilding with a few players not happy at dropping down a league, and the wage budge also being cut. I wheeled and dealed a bit to get together a squad that looked capable. A couple of frees, a couple of loans from top division reserves to pad out the squad and even went back to Banbridge for a non contract young defender who was the one shining light for me last season.

We started out poorly and after only 3 games my job was said to be under threat, but we then won 6 on the bounce to fly up the table. We sat 2nd heading into December, but a couple of games called off meant we were playing catchup, sitting generally 2/3 pts off the top with 2 games in hand. Eventually we overhauled Knockbreda to lead the league with 4 games to go, as we played our games in hand. We had the chance to clinch in the second last game against our nearest rivals, but we blew it and lost. Still only needed a point in the last game against already relegated Armagh and we cruised to a win to seal my first trophy in this challenge.

Cups

We won through the early rounds in all 3 cups, but as soon as we hit top division opposition we crashed out of all 3. No additional trophies here :(

Star Player

Jamie Davidson - Picked up on a free from Larne, he was pretty much an ever present and a nice 20 goal return to fire us to glory. Doesnt look to have much about him but at this level did the job

Next Season

So now the decision of whether to stay at Warrenpoint and try and take a crack at the Premier, which in reality would take a few years to build a good enough team i think, or to jump ship again...........i think i am leaning towards the later. I suspect i might take a nomadic route to this challenge. Time to see what jobs are free in other countries i think :)

Trophy count - One

Good work Jambo! You seem to be whipping through the seasons.. I haven't even reached Christmas yet. Negotiated the first round of the Scottish Cup and I was 2nd on goal difference until I lost two games on the trot to see me drop back down. I'm realistically looking at consolidating this season and building for a rampage in season 2.

Cheers baronia. had a fair bit of game time lately luckily :)

So i did decide to jump ship again. Dumbarton had just been relegated from the Scottish Championship and sacked their manager. Who could resist the lure of Dumbarton..............So i applied and for the second year in a row, I am taking over a relegated team. this might be a good way to keep going!

I'm casting glancing looks towards other leagues.. Derby are bottom of the Championship in January, so might head there if they go down.

Optimistically applied for the Man City job, but that got laughed off.

I've now been knocked out of the Scottish Cup. After taking Cowdenbeath to a replay, with a fatigued team I lost on penalties. I'm not massively enjoying my Accies experience thus far, so I'm just aiming to finish the season well in order to make myself employable in the summer.

So I've had a bit of a disaster...

jqFynV.png

Having had a distinctly average season, I went on an unbeaten run which ultimately led to me missing out on the title by 1 point.. I thought I was going to nick it! But I ended up having to endure the playoffs.

I had decided that I would intentionally lose these games as I didn't want to get promoted having won nothing - and with my youth intake, I'd managed to acquire a reasonable amount of depth that could do well in the Challenge Cup and Championship next season.. A 4-1 victory against Queen of the South wasn't quite what I had in mind, and so I ended up comfortably making my way into the final - where I met SPL team, St. Johnstone.

Deciding that I clearly can't just 'throw away' a playoff final, I simply decided to holiday it an leave my Assistant Manager in charge. The bugger won 1-0 over 2 legs and I've been promoted to the SPL without a trophy to my name. Great for my reputation, shocking for the challenge!

....so I resigned from my role at Hamilton, planning on taking over a newly relegated team in the Summer. Leeds and Birmingham both got relegated from the Championship, but unfortunately both had already recruited. Crewe, Port Vale and Colchester dropped down from League 1 but Crewe kept hold of their manager and the other two jobs never opened up.

The only jobs to become available through the summer were Brentford, as well as a couple of teams in the Irish div 2. I decided against going for those, and rejected the offer of a Brentford interview instead holding out for a potentially stronger team.

I got an interview with newly relegated Sunderland, who decided to hire Malkay Mackay instead and now I'm sitting here pressing 'continue' until something else comes up. If it goes on too long, I may as well restart the challenge...

I think its worth continuing - part of the challenge and fun is that uncertainty. Easiest is probably to just go on holiday but select "apply for all jobs" - It brings you out of holiday as soon as you are offered and interview :)

British Isles Challenge - Season Three - Dumbarton

Dumbarton-FC.png

Division- Scottish League One

Final position - `st of 10 - WINNERS!

League Summary

Now we are rolling........we were fancied to go back up after being relegated last year. As usual with a relegated team, a few players abandoned ship so i had to do a bit of a rebuilding job. A total of 10 signings, including 3 loannees from premier division clubs and a few astute free transfers. Even paid a £15K transfer fee for a midfielder from Ayr. We also got one of our top youngsters back on loan after selling him to Hearts and including a "loan back" clause.

We started well enough with 2 wins, then losing 3 on the bounce (4 in total including a league cup exit). Once we gelled though we went on a tear, winning 9 in a row before a couple of slip ups towards the back end of the year. In january we had a mid season blip and dropped down to second behind Livingston, but i bolstered the sqaud with 2 more new signings, including the experienced Dougie Imrie and we kicked on. Through Feb/March/April we were unstoppable and pulled well clear at the top, wrapping things up with 4 games to spare. In the end it was very comfortable.

A nice second trophy ticked off the list in 3 season :)

Cups

Nothing doing unfortunately, even the challenge cup which might have been an opportunity was a failure.

Star Players

Grant Adam - Keeper picked up on a free, has a good pedigree and an amazing 20 clean sheets over the course of the season. Our rock at the back for sure

Ally McKerracher - Sold to Hearts pre-season but got a loan back clause and glad i did. Playing just off the front most of the time he was a creator and a goalscorer

Darren Lavery - Signed on a free from Airdrie as he looked a finisher for this level and i was proven right. he was our top scorer and consistent with it

Next Season

So as is becoming traditional, i resigned soon after promotion was clinched. DUmbarton are part time and i didnt fancy we had any chance of a second straight title. I applied for Charlton who had been relegated from the Championship but didnt get an interview. Then applied to go back to the bottom division in NI with Distillery but was too late with the application.

In the end i went to Wales. Bangor City had yo-yo'd a bit between the welsh top division and the non playable leagues, but had just survived with a mid table finish. It will be very tough in wales to beat TNS, but im going to give it at least one season worth of trying!

Trophy count - Two

I decided to go against your advice and restart.. I am a little disappointed in myself, but I can't change that now.

This time I have picked the club myself, and with the aim of securing 2 trophies in the first season - Wolves are my new club.

I've actually played a little bit of this already - so here's a little catch up;

Thus far I have been knocked out of the League Cup, I got drawn against West Brom in round one and they cast me aside 3-0.

I have just thrashed Accrington Stanley 9-0 in the JPT North Quarter Final, putting me into the Semis. Not sure who my opponent will be just yet.

First round of the FA Cup saw me play away to Gateshead who I beat 3-1. I have Rochdale in round 2.

My league form is going well, as you'd expect from a club that should be in the Championship.. I am unbeaten in 15 and am in top spot - though Brentford are keeping pace.

I've only signed two players;

Emile Heskey came in from Australia. I felt I needed some experience, and he can cover three different positions for me. He's actually been really handy and in that Accrington victory he scored 2 and set up 4.

Tom Lawrence has come in on loan from Man Utd, quickly establishing himself as a fans favourite.

If I were to do a long term save with Wolves, I would've attempted to shift out some of their higher paid players but as I don't intend on staying beyond maybe 2 seasons, I'm quite content to keep the likes of Jamie O'Hara there on £40k per week.

Good to see you are giving it another go baronia:thup: Sadly it doesnt seem to be gathering any other interest!

PS - should it not be an automatic fail of any challenge, to even consider signing Emile Heskey.............. ;)

I am midway through my season in deepest darkest Wales. As expected TNS are looking miles better than anyone else, but we have a chance in the cups at least having knocked them out of one.

British Isles Challenge - Season Four - Bangor City

Bangor_City_FC_Logo.png

Division- Welsh Premier

Final position - 2nd of 12

League Summary

This was always going to be a mega challenge of a season with TNS being so strong. Attracting players of any quality at all was very difficult. We managed to find a couple of willing bodies to bolster the squad, promoted a couple of youths and retrained 2 players to better fit the formation. We started ok but TNS were off to a flyer right away. After 10 games we had worked up to second and after beating TNS at home we closed the gap from 14pts to 7, however that was as close as we got all season.

By January we were well established in second place, with Lido and Airbus puting up a bit of a fight but we were good enough to above them. Picked up 2 more signings in January, purely with a view to winning cups as the league was already gone. We beat TNS again later in the season, but they were miles ahead. The barely dropped a point the second half of the season to finish 15pts clear of us.

A very difficult league to win, unless you are prepared to spend a few years slowly building, or you manage to get the TNS job!

Cups

From early on i focussed heavily on these. I knew we had a good chance. We managed to beat TNS in semi finals of both cups, both times needing heart stopping extra time to do so! Both times we then cruised the final against easier opposition to secure us the double and add 2 more trophies to the overall list.

Cup fixtures

Star Players

For some reason i forgot to take any screenshots, but we had a youth product at 18yrs old playing AMC who was our best player and had the best average rating in the entire league. If i was sticking around i would around him......

Next Season

Well........i cant stay still for more than a season. I havent won the Welsh league but i will return and try again in a few years. I did the same as usual and resigned a few days after the season ended. Unfortunately i misjudged things a bit. Applied for a few jobs which were probably over-ambitious and missed out on applying for a couple that i might have liked. I got interviewed by St Johnstone but they opted to go another direction.

In the end the season started with me still on the dole! A few chances came up in the opening months but didnt fancy them. Come the end of November, the Irish league had ended (They run Jan - November) and Bray Wanderers in the Irish First Division had sacked there manager after a season of mid table mediocrity. I applied and got the job. Bray Wanderers here i come. Aim is to win the Irish first division at least.

Trophy count -Four

Cool - getting a few trophies from the different countries, nice work.

Again, I have no screenshots but my unbeaten run with Wolves has come to a pretty abrupt end after 23 league games. I'm still top of the table, but have now lost 3 of my last 5 games and the wheels are falling off a bit! I've gone from being 9 points clear to now being 4 clear as the January transfer window is coming to an end.

I'm in the JPT North Final and will be playing Notts County. I've been knocked out of the League Cup and FA Cup, both times by teams in the higher divisions.

So overall my plan is still working - I'm on course for two trophies but I've just got to get over the line! Assuming I get promoted, I may stick with Wolves and see if the momentum can charge me towards the top of the Championship - or see which relegated teams might want my services.

BRITISH ISLES CHALLENGE-SEASON 1-GLASGOW RANGERS

YYcLBaa.jpg?1

Decided to give this a go after some serious thinking,never actually done a challenge with Rangers so here goes,well into FM14.Chose Rangers in mind that i can possibly tick off a good few competitions rather quickly i.e the scottish championship,league cup,scottish cup,challenge cup,and once i win the SPFL then thats when i'll change i reckon down to a lower team in Scotland for the other divisions.

Ive had a bit of previous with challenges,quite good fun for me was in Dafuge's challenge for a season then got sacked so i know what its all about.

I'll be doing regular updates with my save here is im going to give this one a real go get my gers up back where they belong before sailing away into the lower abyss.

Wish me luck lads!!! :brock:

wol3.jpg

Wolverhampton Wanderers

League 1

2013/14

League 1 Winners!

Johnstone's Paint Trophy Winners!

FA Cup - 3rd Round (KO by Wigan)

League Cup - 1st Round (KO by West Brom)

So it's fair to say my first season went exactly to plan. I went unbeaten in the league for the first 23 games which game me a lead of 11 points. I hit bad form after that, but nobody ever go to within 5 points of me and I took the title with 110 points.

JPT was easy as I was drawn against League 2 opposition throughout, with the exception of getting Notts County in the North Final. Along the way I thrashed Accrington 9-0 and comfortably beat Bury in the final.

Star Players:

Nouha Dicko - Any striker that can get 30+ goals in a season is worth his weight in gold. Dicko had a great season, and though he had a rough patch in the middle, his position was never really under threat and he was a huge bonus in my title winning team.

Emile Heskey - I got him in for £140k at the start of the season to add a bit of experience, and he ended up making the League One Team of the Season. One game in which he scored two and got four assists was a particular highlight. I have him for another season, but he probably won't be up to the Championship challenge.

James Henry - Got me a bunch of goals from the right wing, which kept some arguably better players out of the side. One of the players I certainly didn't expect such a great season from, he got voted Player of the Season by the fans.

Special mention goes to Brett Heath, a 15 year old regen who came through with the youth intake. I decided to play him a handful of times, and he got a hattrick on his debut. Went on to score 5 goals in 5 games towards the end of the season. He has a bright future!

Alas, still no screenshots from me as I tend to do these updates when I'm not busy at work.

As the season ended, I decided to leave my post as manager of Wolves and will now be looking to pick up trophies elsewhere...

Trophy Count - Two

British Isles Challenge - Season Five - Bray Wanderers

BadgeBray_Wanderers.png

Division- Irish First Division

Final position - First of 8

League Summary

This was a bit of an up and down season. We were favourites but we struggled a bit to find suitable squad additions. Playing in such a small division was a bit strange. We started well, as seems to be my custom. But we did struggle a bit for consistency at times. Odd defeats to lower teams, possibly as we used quite a few youth player. We did start to pick enough results to be around the top of the league, but 4 teams were always pretty close.

Just after mid season transfer window we had a horrible 4 win loss streak, but 2 new loan signings bedded in and we went on a 5 game win streak to hit the top. The last 6 games we had 4 draws as we seemed to try our best to throw it away, but luckily the teams chasing were equally bad and we won our last 2 to end up quite comfortable champions. Another trophy to add on :)

Cups

Nothing doing, first round exits in both cups we entered :(

Star Players

Only one worth of real mention was our main creator - Rhys Gorman

Next Season

And so of course, i resigned :D It was October time when i resigned, but not many good jobs going that i could get. I stayed out of work until mid february. Barnsley have just lost there manager, they sit 4th in League One, 13 games to go and they are 7 points off the top........its a bit of a hail mary this one to hope i can make up that gap but if i did, it would be a great quick trophy. If we dont then i guess best outcome is to lose in the playoffs and go for a full season run at the title.

This could be my first job going more than a full year!

Trophy count -Five

Rangers Fc FIRST SEASON

At work at present so cant post any pictures for now of my save,Took the team on tour to Belgium on a 4match tour so far 2 wins out of 2,looking good.One was against Club Brugge the other a local Belgian team.Next games are Anderlecht and another "local" team.

Hopefully try push on with this a bit,unfortunately work issues are holding me back :(

RANGERS FC FIRST SEASON PRE-SEASON OVERVIEW

IEAfnfc.png

Mostly overall a very good pre-season 3 good results against Cercle Brugge,Club Brugge and Belgian Champions Anderlecht which was a surprise result.Also played against my local team where i live Larkhall thistle,played most of the youth squad in that one.

Finished up with a game at home against Arsenal,which was a one-sided affair but nonetheless not too concerning.

No Transfers as of yet due the tailend of a transfer embargo which ends in a month so hopefully can strengthen the squad.

Now to press on with the season ahead.

Come on guys lets get some posts up here on this!!!! Hows your team doing? Very Very quiet compared to others lets gather some interest.Am i the only only one getting posting on this thread these days!!!!

New lads looking for a save,come on and give this a go!!!! Lets get a good thourough thread going here.

Must admit, I've phased out of this one a bit to focus on dafuge's challenge.. and I've not had a lot of time lately to play anyway. I still have the save file mind you, so I might continue where I left off before too long.

Must admit, I've phased out of this one a bit to focus on dafuge's challenge.. and I've not had a lot of time lately to play anyway. I still have the save file mind you, so I might continue where I left off before too long.

Yeah you should Baronia,quite a good challenge,not quite as in depth as dafuges.I was doing that found it quite deep tbh though.

Archived