When do bonuses become 'active'?

Hello folks

A question for you all regarding bonuses and contract negotiations.

I have just secured promotion with 6 games remaining. If I negotiate some contracts with players now, will any bonuses become active for this season?

A few examples:

If I negotiate an extension with a player and he asks for a promotion bonus, will that pay out in a couple of games time when the season finishes, or not until we next win promotion?

If I negotiate an extension with a player and he asks for an 'x% promotion pay rise, will he get that in a few games time, or not until we get promoted again?

Thanks for looking folks

I would have thought that any bonus will be paid at the end of the season and for the last season only, as it is a condition of the old contract. If there is any doubt, wait till the end of the season to redo the contracts.

We have included a check that stops a (promotion/avoid relegation)bonus being paid to a player if it was only added to the contract in the final weeks of a season, the same check also applies to wage change clauses.

Thats good to know Alex but I can't say its something I noticed as I've been playing.

It would be useful if there was something maybe on the contract screen confirming if the offer is before or after cutoff date.

Archived