River City Hill!

Muggert

RIVER CITY HILL!

qijp8mj.jpg

Background:

After some months away from FM I've decided to take on Gundo's challenge in my return for FM14 and probably my last FM14 save.

The Club:

Aabyhøj IF in the danish 3rd tier 2. division West.

Aabyhøj is a suburb to the 2nd largest city in Denmark. The team was formed in 1919 and has never won a trophy. Time to change that ;-)

Aabyhøj can be loosely translated as River City Hill. Yet hence the title ;-)

General Information

Facilities

The Manager:

Muggert

I'm a 29-year old manager. I have worked my way through the ranks in Aabyhoej. When the 1st team manager left after achieving promotion, I was the obvious choice as his successor. I have performed wonders with an average youth squad at the club time and time again.

My managerial tendencies:

- Likes effective football. I don't care about possesion and I would rather have a 2-0 win than 4-2.

- Signs young players for the first team

- Fits tactics to players (In lower divisions)

- Fits players in the tactic (Once I have some money to choose from more players)

Goal:

It's Gundo's challenge. Win the domestic league and then the Champions League.

Updates:

As time permits. At the very least seasonal updates, but probably a lot more :-)

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I start by revamping the backroom staff.

jL3knVl.jpg

SYvQF2u.jpg

Kristian Eg (AssMan): Good at judging talent, motivating and is strong in running defensive training. Quite adept tactically as well.

Kenn Nielsen (Scout): Quite a scoop for our level. Hopefully he will find us some great players.

Mogens Korsgaard (Coach): Will be training our goalkeepers and make sure our players' fitness are good.

Thomas Jensen (Coach): Good allround coach.

6HAUfjp.jpg

After assessing the players in the first training sessions, the following is included in the first team squad.

13 players. We'll need add at least 5 to these. Preferably 7-9.

While we have a decent amount of defenders and goalies we lack quality upfront and on the flanks.

jG0Nb4q.jpg

8 additions to the squad. Mørch before I joined.

Justesen, Jensen & To-Dinh are young guns with potential and the ability to contribute right away. Benzon strengthens the defense. Ankjær and Jacobsen will be our front line and Leonce gives us speed on the right flank.

8 players have left as well. We haven't lost important players after my arrival.

2014/15 Season Preview:

Board expectations: Stay clear of relegation

My Goal: Stay clear of relegation. Cup run to garner some income.

The Squad:

We have a solid, but young team. A lot of the players are on amateur contracts and they could be gone in a month or two. Generally I'm very happy with the team which should give us enough firepower to stay in the division. We'll be starting the season with a basic 4-4-2 Utilising a big-man/little-man combo at the front. Our defense looks solid however I have my concerns about the flanks and the general depth of the midfield. I'm looking to bring in one more MC to the team.

I'm well below the wage budget and we should be positive financially.

2014/15 Midseason update:

l1R2x9w.jpg

2vmhN1Q.jpg

After a shaky start we've been playing some decent football as of late. The results will come. I'm sure of that. We're safe in terms of relegation but our performances have been really inconsistent. I hope this new tactic will bring some stability into the team. Still halfway through the season and we're safe. A bunch of teams battling to avoid relegation. I hope we'll be the strongest of these.

I've decided to switch to a 4-5-1 as many of the teams play 4-4-2 and I'll utilise this tactic to create a man advantage in the middle of the park. Also this will push Justesen and Leonce further up the pitch where they are closer to the opponents goal. I believe these too will step up their game in the spring.

Key players so far have been MC Steffen To-Dinh and SC Lasse Ankjær.

River City Hill!

qijp8mj.jpg

Aabyhøj IF - 2014/2015 - 2nd Division West

Squad - Table - Transfers - Finances

Final position: 9th

Danish cup: 1st Rnd home loss to Aarhus Fremad 0-2

Best result: 1-0 home win against Næsby

Worst result: 0-4 loss away to FC Nordvest

Top goalscorer: Frederik Leonce & Lasse Ankjær, 7 (All in the league)

Most assists: Jesper Fries, 6 (All in the league)

Highest Average rating: Steffen To-Dinh, 7.01 (7.01 in the league)

2014-15 Season Review:

After a shaky start we changed formation and got slowly going before finishing strong and with a clear margin for relegation.

Player of the season:

Steffen To-Dinh - M C - 18 years. Bossing the midfield like a veteran.

Other Key Players

André Christiansen - GK - Although he let in many goals, he still saves us some points

Jesper Fries - M/AM C - Did okay in the lack of a genuine creative force on the team.

Frederic Leonce - M/AM RL - The speedster had a nice season

2015-16 Season Preview:

We're gonna bulk up the squad. The squad in itself is gonna get a major makeover as many of the players signed proved not to be worth their wages. The base will be the same but some new players will come in. Therefore another season of survival as we cannot expect perhaps 5 new players in the lineup to win from the start.

2015/16 Season Preview:

Board expectations: Mid-table finish

My Goal: Top-half finish

The Squad:

We've shipped some players and are as of now operating with a lower budget than last year. However we have some key players at key positions. Steffen Justesen will become a beast this year. Also our defense looks very solid. My question marks are the midfield and depth at attack. We're still to sign a couple of players. Preferably a RW and a CM. This year the team knows the tactics and the younger players have matured. I hope for a good season.

IkoslCq.jpg

A heap of players joined the club.

To save money we signed a bunch of youngsters on non-contracts saving the £50 salary each week ;-)

Some of the players will play a big role this year though:

Kasper Glanz: Signed as a DMC prospect, however the lack of quality DMC free agents results in him getting the start.

Nicholas Marfeldt: Will be our DL this season.

Rune Frantsen: Will be vital to our succes. This season and hopefully seasons to come.

Mathias Hebo Rasmussen: Resolves the need for a true stable force on the central midfield.

Midseason update 2015/16

8Bi4gUh.jpg

st5LxIB.jpg

As obvious from the fixture calendar we had a nice start but then we had some struggles and had problems with inconsistency in the later part of the season.

Quick takes:

- Our defense have looked good for most of the season, the offense not so much.

- We'll be trying out a new tactic for the second part of the season.

- Close division makes everything possible before the second half.

- We've tied down Justesen and Glanz to new contracts.

Season Review 2015/16

qijp8mj.jpg

Aabyhøj IF - 2015/2016 - 2nd Division West

Squad - Fixtures Fall - Fixtures Spring - Table - Transfers - Finances

Final position: 11th

Danish cup: 2nd Rnd home loss to Ringkøbing 2-4

Best result: 2-0 away win against FC Sydvest

Worst result: 4-1 loss home to Thisted

Top goalscorer: Lasse Ankjær, 8 (7 in the league)

Most assists: Steffen Justesen, 6 (All in the league)

Highest Average rating: Jesper Fries, 7.12 (7.14 in the league)

2014-15 Season Review:

After a strong start we finished poorly in the fall season. After the winter break we changed formation and won 3 of our first 4 games. However the play was never great so we changed tacticts yet again. The inconsistency is one of the reasons we ended lower than last year. The last 3rd of the campaign we used young players in a hope to develop them to be ready next year. All in all a disappointed season

Player of the season:

Steffen Justesen - D/M/AM L, ST - Injuries hampered his first part of the campaign, but he finished strong.

Other Key Players

André Christiansen - GK - 15 clean sheets in 30 games is more than good.

Jesper Fries - M/AM C - Once again somehow forces his way back on the team.

Mathias Hebo Rasmussen - M C - Took over for To-Dinh. Consistent and safe choice for MC.

2016/17 Season Preview

Transfers:

QIuoCqb.jpg

s2Q1YqV.jpg

We've said goodbye to 3 of our starting 4 defenseman in the offseason. We're still looking tro improve our defense with at least a one central defender, however we will not rush to find him if there's nothing worth paying the wages. Untill then we'll settle with a couple of young guys in the centre.

Key additions:

Jesper Bech: AM RC / ST - Signed cheaply as a player/coach. Will provide experience in th frontline.

Ronnie Bendtsen: D L - Gives us options in attack, as we've never had an attacking full back.

Expectations:

Board expectations: Top half finish

Media prediction: 9th

Own expectation: Top-5 finish

Tactics & Possible lineup:

With the addition of Jesper Bech we'll try switching to a 4-2-3-1 deep formation. We have a very strong midfield. both defensively and offensively. Mogensen will get the nod in attack. Defense could change over the course of the season, and especially in the next couple of weeks if we find players that could bolster the backline.

1CRGrFC.jpg

Key players and factors:

Key Players:

Ronnie Bendtsen: DL - Provides an extra attacking threat we've never had before.

Steffen Justesen: AML - Wanted by bigger clubs. This could be his breakthrough year.

Jesper Bech: AMC - Has the skills to regularly being the difference between winning and losing.

Key factors:

- Our young and inexperienced defenses ability to shut the door.

- Playmaking from our front 4 is great, but at least one of them needs to step up on goalscoring

- Our defensive midfielders need to keep injury free as the backups doesn't have the class.

Let's get it on

Midseason update 2016/17

kvTCln4.jpg

nl9sD3S.jpg

Quick takes:

- We didn't manage to sign a DC, but we're pretty tight anyway.

- The offensive quartet is working well. Mogensen has been a revelation.

- Our away record is 3-2-3. Not promotion material.

- We're dangerously thin in most positions. Untill now we're managed with only a couple of injuries.

June update

grMcLfb.jpg

Gzgc8Lz.jpg

Yet another great month. We're suddenly the favourites for promotion. 2 home games and 1 away left. Let's hope our young guys don't buckle under pressure. Middelfart should be the only team that should become a threat.

The remaining schedule looks as follows:

Aabyhøj:

H Thisted (8th)

A AB Tårnby (7th)

H Jammerbugt (5th)

Middelfart:

H Jammerbugt (5th)

A Næsby (4th)

H Kjellerup (9th)

None of these schedules are easy. It's time to shine!

5OTxe4W.jpg

And it all comes down to the final home game against Jammerbugt. Fortunately Middelfart did not grab the opportunity and win any of their games to catch or surpass us.

This is gonna go down to the wire.

Aabyhøj - Jammerbugt

Past meetings:

pa8hizK.jpg

While we have the upper hand in terms of past meetings we haven't won our last two outings.

Line-ups:

2tEnvIw.jpg6BhYK4n.jpg

Key Factors:

- We need to cut the supply for Simon Skibsted. And limit his space if he gets it.

- We need to play attacking and put Jammersbugt under pressure. Their backline looks shaky.

- We'll try to take advantage of the man advantage in the middle of the park.

- Only 147 spectators. We'll have to do without the 12th man.

The Game:

15th minute:

We've opened the game well. Henrik Hansen is finding a ton of space in front of the defense and he's spraying around passes like a true veteran playmaker. He's set up Hamli and Mogensen for Clear cut chances but they have both missed. Jammersbugt have only had a long range attempt but generally looks decent on the break. Sørensen has picked up a knock. We have no apparent backups and he needs to stay in the game:

19th minute:

Looked like a good decision to make Sørensen stay in the game. Hansen and Mogensen combines in front of the penalty area while Sørensen take the run behind the defense. Mogensen hits him with a pinpoint pass and he slips it past the keeper. 1-0 AABYHØJ!

30th minute:

Both teams are threatening on set pieces. Jammersbugt hits the woodwork on a corner, while Justesens free-kick is denied due to a brilliant save from Køhler.

Half-Time:

Not much happening in the final 15 minutes of the half. We lead the shot count 12-1 and seem in control. We decide to keep on going and not back down yet. At the break Middelfart is drawing Kjellerup.

56th minute:

Hansen to Mogensen once again driving the defense mad. Mogensen passes to Namli who hammers it into the net. 2-0 AABYHØJ!

60th minute:

We have it under control. Or so it seems. We sub Sørensen and a tired Hansen for Rasmussen and Bech. We at the same moment go back 15 yards and play a little more reserved than in the first half. We have the result we want. No need to get careless now.

75th minute:

We're slowly killing the game. Awful football to watch but the we don't care.

82th minute:

Out of nothing Jepsen scores a great volley from the edge of the area. 2-1 AABYHØJ!

90th minute:

It's clear the players are nervous. They make a bunch of mistakes. Fortunately for us Jammersbugt are doing the same.

FULL TIME!!

2-1 AABYHØJ!

R2P5mZp.jpg

Season Review 2016/17

qijp8mj.jpg

Aabyhøj IF - 2016/2017 - 2nd Division West

Final position: 1st - Promotion

Danish cup: 3rd Rnd home loss to Randers 1-4

Best result: 4-0 home win against rivals Brabrand

Worst result: 2-3 loss home to Aarhus Fremad

Top goalscorer: Lars Mogensen, 12 (12 in the league)

Most assists: Lars Mogensen, 12 (12 in the league)

Highest Average rating: Henrik Hansen, 7.23 (7.23 in the league)

2016-17 Quick takes:

- Our offensive quartet dominated the 2nd division.

- Our defense has been the worst we've had in the three years I've been here. But the GK and the DMC's make up for it.

- Henrik Hansen comes in an has a major part of the promotion.

- Even though Bendtsen's age become evident through the season, he still had a major part with his offensive runs from the back.

Player of the season:

Lars Mogensen - AM RL, ST - An incredible season by the 18-year-old striker.

Other Key Players

Nicklas Sørensen - DM/M LC - Brough stability with his consistent good passing performances.

Henrik Hansen - M/AM C - 4 game winning goals in 15 games.

Steffen Justesen - D/M/AM L, ST - Will become vital in 1st division. Still looking for his breakthrough.

2017/18 Season Preview

Transfers:

w44CnjA.jpg

wOc3lkg.jpg

We haven't added any offensive players yet. We've added some defenders and a GK. Unfortunately I have struggled with finding quality defenders and might have settled for worse than I would have hoped. But we simply needed better defenders than last year. Hopefully they'll learn the tactics before it's too late. Hopefully we'll be able to add some depth at attack, and probably another new LB :-)

Key additions:

Victor Johannesen: D LC - While my assistant rates him lowly I quite like his abilities. He'll be the backbone of our defense.

Kasper Bredal: GK - Brought in to challenge for a first team spot.

Expectations:

Media prediction: 12th

Own expectation: Survive

The tactics will mirror last seasons quite a bit. We'll be a little more defensive and our lack of a true attacking full back will make us loose some width. Overall I'm pretty satisfied with the front 6, however I'm not too happy about the backline.

zZSlBZ9.jpg

Key players and factors:

Key Players:

Jens Andersen: DC - Needs to overperform alongside Johannesen if we're to stay up.

Steffen Justesen: AML - We need this to be his breakout year.

Henrik Hansen: AMC - The veteran captain needs to lead the young guys this year.

Key factors:

- We need to hit people on the counter. Playing attacking will kill us.

- Steffen Justesen needs to show he's superliga material

- Our front-4 needs to continue from last year.

- LB Charnouby is our weakest link in defense. He needs to perform.

Let's get it on

2017/18 Midseason review

S80cqd7.jpg

Opck45r.jpg

Quick takes:

- Our more defensive approach failed miserably. We changed it back after the Skive game.

- We signed a couple of new backs. These have given the team some stability in the backline.

- It's gonna get tough. But I believe we can survive!

- Priority 1 is to renew some of our contracts. Namli & Glanz etc.

p0celI4.jpg

We had a good run halfway through the spring, but ultimately it's come down to the final day. We're hoping that we can take care of business and Vendsyssel or Lyngby stumbles. We have lost the last three games with a combined 2-9. Lyngby is on a roll and both them and Vendyssel have easier opponents than us.. Here's the schedule, let's hope for the best.

VSSNoIf.jpg

Skive - Aabyhoej

Past meetings:

QmtgKSw.jpg

This isn't looking good. And if it wasn't enough Justesen and Bredal is away on international duty for the second consecutive crucial survival game.

Line-ups:

GLeBytg.jpgRe5f2se.jpg

Key Factors:

- Force Skive to build up through their full backs which lacks the quality.

- Keep Larsen away from the ball. He can be the difference for Skive.

- Make good use of Hansen. He should have time on the ball.

- Hope luck is on our side.

The Game:

6th minute:

Namli dribbles down right side but is fouled in the box. PENALTY. He wants to take it himself. He knows this could be huge and he must feel the pressure?

He does.... But he still sends the keeper the wrong way and softly places it in the other side. 1-0 AABYHØJ!

9th minute:

Christiansen fumbles a cross and after some ping-pong the ball ends at the feet of Beck Andersen. 1-1!

In the same situation Hansen picks up a knock.

11th minute:

Yet another set piece. Hansen is completely unmarked in the box on a free kick. 2-1 SKIVE!

15th minute:

Possesion is pretty even. Not any chances besides the goals.

30th minute:

Skive have taken over the game. No real chances to boot, but they're controlling the game. We've recieved 4 cards so far.

HALF TIME:

Both teams have been threatening on set pieces a couple of times. Glanz picks up his second yellow just before the break. Injured Hansen goes out and replaced by Sørensen leaving us playing 4-2-2-1.

Lyngby and Vendsyssel are both leading at half time. Things are looking dark.

I give the speech of my life at half time and hopes this will do the trick.

60th minute:

Berggren has had a gigantic chance to equalise but misses shamefully. Moments later Skive hits the woodwork.

75th minute:

Skive have killed the game. Passing around us like we were cones at a training session.

Vendsyssel and Lyngby are both 2 up. It doesn't matter anymore. We're going down again.

FULL TIME:

2-1 SKIVE. RELEGATION :-(

b8Fc4G8.jpg

@Pezza - around 8-9 players put in a transfer request so far. Still... Justesen and a couple of the other leading players on our team wants to stay. I hope we can bounce straight back up...

@deltablue - the initial promotion did wonders for our reputation and finances... Even though we went down again, we will benefit greatly as a club...

@Pezza - around 8-9 players put in a transfer request so far. Still... Justesen and a couple of the other leading players on our team wants to stay. I hope we can bounce straight back up...

D'oh ... I guess i was tired last night. It's 12 players and Justesen is one of them :-(

After the relegation became a reality the following players have requested to be transfer listed:

GK Bredal*

DL Charnouby

DC Johannesen

DC Andersen

DC Conradsen

DR Nørgaard

DMC Glanz*

DMC Sørensen*

AML Justesen*

AMC Bech

AMR Namli*

SC Berggreen

Which is my entire team. While I'm not prepared to keep players against their will some of the players will stay unless I get a good offer. These are marked with an *.

Season Review 2017/18

qijp8mj.jpg

Aabyhøj IF - 2017/18 - 1st Division

Final position: 11th - Relegation

Danish cup: 1st Rnd loss to Varde IF, 0-1

Best result: 4-0 away win against Brønshøj

Worst result: 0-1 loss away to Varde IF

Top goalscorer: Emil Berggreen, 11(11 in the league)

Most assists: Younes Namli, 9 (9 in the league)

Highest Average rating: Steffen Justesen, 7.04 (7.04 in the league)

2017-18 Quick takes:

- We had some very good periods, but they were overshadowed by loosing streaks.

- We had an awful away statistic yet again. We may need to find a second tactic for away games.

- We just did not have the team nor the luck. Red cards in crucial games hurt us.

Player of the season:

Steffen Justesen - D/M/AM L, ST - Had a great season. I doubt we can keep him in the 2nd division.

Other Key Players

Kasper Bredal - GK - Team of the year. Played magnificently despite the many goals conceded.

Simon Nørgaard - D RL - Signed late in the summer. Could have been utilised more with the right personel elsewhere.

Younes Namli - AM RLC - One of the stars of the team.

2018/19 Season Preview

Transfers:

LvXfVqI.jpg

8HOSY1h.jpg

We managed to hold on to most of our players. I wont let them go for free. But if clubs offer money they'll go. I've tried to find quality at the places we lack players however it's nearly impossible to find a decent LB around here. I'd like to add depth via non-contract youngsters with potential.

Key additions:

Bo Hansen: DM - Provides depth at DMC and a solid starter in case Sørensen or Glanz leaves.

Expectations:

Board expectations: Win

Media prediction: 1st

Own expectation: Win

Much like last season. We returned to our possesion control oriented system. We should be able to go up if everything goes according to plan and we don't end up selling all our players. The lack of a good LB have made me design a solid backup 3-5-2 but it's impossible to find a good defensive ML as well.

As we have the best players in the league I've tried to expanding their freedom a bit.

7OUdg8l.jpg

Key players and factors:

Key Players:

Kasper Bredal: GK - The difference between winning and loosing.

Simon Nørgaard: D RL - Is gonna bomb down the right flank this year.

Steffen Justesen: AML - Quite simply too good to this level.

Key factors:

- We need to play attacking free-flowing football.

- Our stars need to perform.

- We need to keep injury free. We have NO depth

Let's get it on

2018/19 Midseason update

NhaaLJ5.jpg

ipSXiKP.jpg

Quick takes:

- HORRIBLE, HORRIBLE, HORRIBLE

- Our team has never played better. But efficiency in both ends lack.

- Im in awe as to why i haven't been sacked. I guess they can't afford to fire my. That means I have a chance to turn it around.

- We changed to a 4-2-2-2 Box formation to push Justesen up in attack.

- Justesen have been out for 3 months :-(

9zB0xef.jpg

Now how did that happen?!

I'll tell you how. A couple of simple adjustments in the tactic and suddenly we've been steamrolling some teams. Going 6-1-2 in the spring going from +1 to +15 in goal difference as well.

This means the top of the division looks like this:

lXSRFCA.jpg

And yep... That's Middelfart at the top once again :-)

tcX84VK.jpg

With 3 games to go we're 1 point in front. Only Middelfart should be a problem from now. And now. In round 27 we have a home encounter against..... Middelfart.

This could be the game that all but theoreticly brings us promotion.

Aabyhøj - Middelfart

Past meetings:

mI08SJX.jpg

We have a pretty good track record against Middelfart. But the games have always been close. This is gonna be an exciting game.

Line-ups:

1HAIYjf.jpglG6Qn3B.jpg

Bredal, Halling and Sørensen are all out with injuries. Only Bredal would have been in the starting lineup. He's been missing the last 3-4 games, but Christiansen has stepped up just fine. The experienced reader will raise an eyebrow over Justesen not being in the staring lineup, but he's been injured once again.

Key Factors:

- Take control of the game from the get go

- Make sure Holdvad is kept under control all game

- Utilise Bødker and Nygaards ability to roam to the flanks to put pressure on their full backs.

The Game:

15th minute:

Not much have happened. We're in possesion but aren't close to Middelfarts goal. We need to push further up.

30th minute:

What a boring game. But all it takes is one goal!

31st minute:

Nørgaard outdribbles the full back and sends a precise cross into the head of Bech who head it in! 1-0 AABYHØJ!

HALF TIME:

Still in control. Exciting to see how Middelfart comes out after the break.

60th minute:

Mogensen has had good chance but was denied by a great save.

75th minute:

Suddenly out of nothing Middelfart has a good chance. After a couple of saves from Christiansen it ends at Hassan. He smashes it home. 1-1!

80th minute:

After the goal Middelfartare playing well. A draw would be fine, but putting the league away would be great. Justesen has entered the field.

93th minute:

Middelfart's Christensen clips the bar on a free kick. They're getting close.

FULL TIME:

The game ends 1-1.

LerdjoU.jpg

It's all coming down to the last 2 matches. The schedule looks as follows:

Aabyhøj:

A FC Sydvest (14th)

H AC Tårnby (11th)

Middelfart:

H Thisted FC (8th)

H FC Sydvest (14th)

Skovbakken:

A Kjellerup (15th)

H Ringkøbing (13th)

Let's get it on!

Gameday 29

A simple livescore update for the three teams in the top. If people have forgotten the standings look like this:

LerdjoU.jpg

1ST HALF

06: FC Sydvest 0 - 1 AABYHØJ (Mogensen)

17: FC Sydvest 1 - 1 AABYHØJ

17: Kjellerup 1 - 0 Skovbakken

23: FC Sydvest 1 - 2 AABYHØJ (Bech)

HALF TIME

56: FC Sydvest 2 - 2 AABYHØJ

69: Kjellerup 1 - 1 Skovbakken

73: FC Sydvest Red Card

81: FC Sydvest 2 - 3 AABYHØJ (Justesen)

...... But he's offside.

FULL TIME!

3 draws. Skovbakken didn't have what it takes.

rbEWMZF.jpg

Gameday 30

A simple livescore update for the two teams competing for the league title and a promotion to boot. For those who's forgotten the table looks like:

rbEWMZF.jpg

1ST HALF

06: Middelfart 0 - 1 FC Sydvest

14: AABYHØJ 1 - 0 AB Tårnby (Berthelsen)

25: Middelfart 0 - 2 FC Sydvest

HALF TIME

49: Middelfart 1 - 2 FC Sydvest

61: Middelfart Red Card!

78: Middelfart 2 - 2 FC Sydvest

80: Middelfart 3 - 2 FC Sydvest

90+3 ........

AABYHØJ 2 - 0 AB Tårnby (Justesen) !!

FULL TIME!

We've done it. I must say this is one of the most memorable runs I've made in FM. In the last 12 games we went 9-3-0. What a season!

8dKF69n.jpg

Farewell Justesen

It's a sad day at Åbyhøj stadion. Steffen Justesen has just played his final home game. Over the past 5 seasons he played 124 scoring 29 goals. He's been utilised mostly as a AML but this last season also as a SC.

What would the ultimate goodbye look like? How about ultimately closing the game securing promotion by scoring a 2-0 goal in overtime in your final game? Justesen did just that.

He made his debut for both the U19 and U21 national squads on which he was voted on the European Championship dream team in 2018. He will be remembered as a true legend and will be welcome back anytime.

In the end the prospect of playing yet another season in 2nd division west made Justesen sign for Skive in the winter. After which Aabyhøj rallied to secure the promotion.

We wish Steffen Justesen all the best.

Best Regards

Players, Manager, Backroom staff, Members of the board & Fans.

Season Review 2018/19

qijp8mj.jpg

Aabyhøj IF - 2018/19 - 2nd Division West

Final position: 1st - Promotion

Danish cup: 3rd Rnd home loss to OB, 2-5

Best result: 6-1 away win against Skovbakken

Worst result: 1-2 home loss to Ringkøbing

Top goalscorer: Lars Mogensen 12(12 in the league)

Most assists: Lars Mogensen & Benjamin Ørgaard 8 (Both 7 in the league)

Highest Average rating: Henrik Bødker, 7.14 (7.14 in the league)

2018/19 Quick takes:

- Awful fall, near perfect spring

- My narrow tactic created more CCC's than any other tactic I've created.

- 16 different goal scorers!

- Expensive season. Our finances are under pressure.

Player of the season:

Lars Mogensen - AM RL, ST - Once again he played above expectations

Other Key Players

Mallik Conradsen - D/DM/M C - Played fullback the latter part of the season due to no other options. And he did great!

Henrik Bødker - DM/M C - An inspired signing at winter. Really rallied the team and might be the most important part of the success.

Jesper Bech - AM RC, ST - Still performing. But was this his last season at the very top?

2019/20 Season Preview

Transfers:

itoGHX8.jpg

skUXLPn.jpg

We're still under pressure financially, so we decide to loan a couple of players for depth. We bring in Jacob Jensen who can play both AMC and SC and do it well. He'll replace Justesen at the top. Besides this most of the team will remain the same. We still have some budget to spare and are hoping some of the fullbacks we are looking at lowers their demands. In the ideal world we'll sign LB Emil Farver in a month or so to half the price ;-) .. If not we'll sign a RB and move Nørgaard to LB.

Key additions:

Jacob Jensen: AM RC / ST - Could be the difference between surviving or relegating.

Expectations:

Media prediction: 9th

Own expectation: Survive

After last seasons succes with the narrow 4-1-2-1-2 we're continueing this in the 1st division. I have never created a tactic creating so many big chances. We'll try forcing the game on the opposition even though we'll be the outsiders in most games. Our Midfield i strong enough to control many of the oppositions.

NqVsP1A.jpg

Key players and factors:

Key Players:

Kasper Bredal: GK - Could he make 1st division team of the year once again?

Henrik Bødker: DM/M C - Will need to take control at the midfield

Jacob Jensen: AM RC / ST - Can hopefully score 15+ goals :-)

Key factors:

- We'll try playing attacking free-flowing football.

- We need to utilise our backs for width meaning they need to be 100% fit.

- Age could become an issue with Bødker and Bech, but we have a good feeling.

- Gonna be exciting to see if this tactic can make as many CCC's on a higher level.

Let's get it on

2019/20 Midseason update

VmYmFkm.jpg

UxXCbAx.jpg

Quick takes:

- Incredible start to the season.

- Financially we're doing wonders with the current position.

- Unfortunately Bredal gave Brønshøj a 1-0 win against us. If not we would have been in a perfect condition to get maximum money after 22 rounds.

- Jesper Bech is showing his not too old!

- Even our defenders are playing well.

- Here's for hoping we can keep going!

Archived