Quickie - Getting a forward to drop deeper than usual

Balanced fluidity with a formation/role/duty set-up that leaves the central support area vacated for him to drop into.

One area where the ME has improved a lot in recent years is automatic player movement with players filling gaps naturally when appropriate, but this means you have to pay more attention to actually creating space for player movement as they're more averse to crowding into congested areas. In the case of an F9, a more aggressive central support player will tend to discourage his deeper movement. A DLP-S works well enough with the F9 though.

Cheers :thup:

I might have to have a play with roles then. To save explaining the same thing twice, see here . I have two 'Central Wingers' in the CM slots ( Central Winger ), and I'd like the lone striker to drop deep enough that they can get in behind him. Thinking about it, maybe I should be using a TM/S...

Cheers :thup:

I might have to have a play with roles then. To save explaining the same thing twice, see here . I have two 'Central Wingers' in the CM slots ( Central Winger ), and I'd like the lone striker to drop deep enough that they can get in behind him. Thinking about it, maybe I should be using a TM/S...

You should be fine with that kind of carillero-type role, ideally with a flat 3 in midfield and the attacking MCs on either side of a holding player.

You should be fine with that kind of carillero-type role, ideally with a flat 3 in midfield and the attacking MCs on either side of a holding player.

Yes, I think the flat 3 is key. Just beaten Burton Albion 2-0 in the first round of the Capital One Cup. We took an early lead, but they had a string of corners towards the end of the first half. I pushed the Regista up to MC, and made him a DLP, and in the second half we not only scored again but looked far, far more assured.

The False 9's (One went off injured) got one apiece too, which was pleasing to see!

Archived