Unreasonable Wage Demands

I am currently in the summer transfer window heading into my 4th season. I am playing as Leeds and in the 2 seasons we have had in the prem we have finished 11th and 13th.

I am currently trying to sign a couple of players.

One is currently earning 3.2k a week

The other is on 14.5k a week.

They both want 40k per week wages. That is a huge huge jump and both play for teams in lesser leagues than the prem.

Also I dont have any players at the club that earn any more than 35k a week.

Any body else find that unreasonable?

Depends. How good are they compared to your current players? Where are they playing right now? How interested are they in joining?

How much do your current players earn on the same squad status as what they want?

One is playing in the Argentina Premier and is only 21 years old earning less than I put actually. Earning 2.3k per week.

I have nobody earning over 35k per week.

If he comes he will be in the top 3/4 players at the club no doubt. But he wants a 40k pay rise from what he is on now. In real life 40k per week in the premier league isnt a huge amount but in terms of the rest of my squad and where he is now it seems excessive.

The other is a CB who is no better than 2 that I currently have, I wanted him as a decent rotation option (possibly why he wanted more money as not overly happy with role at the club)

The CB was very interested but I couldn't bring myself to pay that for a rotational CB.

The 21 year old is sort of half way on the bar for wanting to join me so I guess he isnt overly excited at the prospect.

The CB was very interested but I couldn't bring myself to pay that for a rotational CB.

The 21 year old is sort of half way on the bar for wanting to join me so I guess he isnt overly excited at the prospect.

Okay, so the 21yo is explained then. He doesn't want to join, but would for a good wage.

The CB would be interested, but it depends on the squad status I'm guessing. You can see his interest in it on the right-hand side of the screen when offering a contract.

Imagine if they were real players and what they might be thinking. You're telling them that they are good enough to play in the Premier League, so they're asking for Premier League wages. They don't care what your club's wage structure is or what your current players are making. Why should they? They'd be thinking that if they are that good that someone else will pay them those wages even if you won't. Unless they have some particular love for Leeds or you have the perfect position for them, they're going to hold out until you pay them what they think they're worth. You can try messing around with some contract terms to see if they'll lower their wage demands, but that might end up costing your club more money actually.

I think it's good to question these things. If it's a problem, you can submit a bug report and help better the game. If it works as intended, you have a better understanding if the game and some peace of mind.

To me, their demands had reason to them. The CB is a little questionable still, but I think it depends on whether he was interested in a move to your club as a rotation player.

Archived