How Do The AI Managers Find Talent

Hi guys,

I'm currently managing in the lower leagues (Skrill Conference) but I'm going by strict Llama rules. No player tipping and no "player search" function, just scouts and media information.

Anyway, it made me wonder how do the AI managers find their talent? Do they use just their scouts or do they use some other way? Also, by not using the "player search" function, do the AI managers have an advantage over me in finding talent?

Any ideas?

Jeff

I think there's definitely an element of scout usage. When I've played journeyman games and moved clubs, the scouts all have assignments that I assume were set by the AI managers.

I think there's definitely an element of scout usage. When I've played journeyman games and moved clubs, the scouts all have assignments that I assume were set by the AI managers.

Interesting. That's good to know. Only once I took over a club during the middle of a season but I didn't take notice of the scouting assignments.

Thanks for the reply.

Jeff

• 2 weeks later...

I haven't played the recent games, but it seems to still be an issue: I think AI goes for names more than form. All the time I see players who have a career playing for big clubs while never having an average rating near 7 any season, and still getting bought and sold for £20m or more all the time. It's probably that these players are very good, but they're just playing in the wrong systems or countries or something else, perhaps context is a big problem with transfers and form.

I think there's still some form of AI cheating going on. I manage in Colombia atm, which is not really a stereotypical scouting destination yet within days of me acquiring any player who is any good, big AI clubs are making offers.

It's different to how we scout, because if every team did it how we do, the game would just grind along for a few seconds then crash.

But there's no 'AI cheating' going on, it's all based on the attributes and knowledge of the scouts and club.

It's different to how we scout, because if every team did it how we do, the game would just grind along for a few seconds then crash.

But there's no 'AI cheating' going on, it's all based on the attributes and knowledge of the scouts and club.

depends on what you mean by cheating. it's been said in previous FM series that AI looks at our player list. and it is easily confirmed by different methods:

just clean all your FM files, including temporary ones, start a game, hire some less known players with good CA/PA that aren't being hired by the big clubs or your rivals. play some matches and save. start new game with same database that has those players you hired and watch AI now finding those players and bidding on them...

if you wanna improve this test just put lot of players in your shortlist before starting the new game, now watch the new database preparation taking much more time when it says it's loading/searching for players...

Archived