calculating staff ability

Hi guys i need to overhaul my staff again since contracts are basically all expiring in the next year and a half .. I would very much apreciate if someone could point me to a staff calculator or rating system of sorts which would not require me to manually enter the attributes of the staff. I need this mostly for coaches of course

it could be done by uploading the save file..something similar to genie scout...i dont want to download genie scout though because i would be tempted to use it on players too xD

This is for FM 07, I don't know how much of it will apply now:

Strength: 18 Fitness

Aerobic: 18 Fitness

Goalkeeping: 18 Goalkeeping

Tactics: 18 Tactical

Defending: 18 Defending and 18 Tactical OR

19 Defending and 14 Tactical OR

20 Defending and 10 Tactical

Ball Control: 18 Technique and 18 Mental OR

19 Technique and 14 Mental OR

20 Technique and 10 Mental

Attacking: 18 Attacking and 18 Tactical OR

19 Attacking and 14 Tactical OR

20 Attacking and 10 Tactical

Shooting: 18 Technique and 18 Attacking OR

19 Technique and 14 Attacking OR

20 Technique and 10 Attacking

Set Pieces: 17 Technique and 39 (mental + attacking) OR

18 Technique and 36 (mental + attacking) OR

19 Technique and 33 (mental + attacking) OR

20 Technique and 30 (mental + attacking)

As for non-coaching attributes, it seems pretty subjective.

The scouts will obviously need Judging Ability and/or Judging Potential. You could have one with 20 Judging Potential but 1 Judging Ability and just have him scout youngsters.

The Physio's one important attribute is a no brainer.

Assistant Managers important attributes varies depending on who you believe.

Looking at the attributes individually and just taking experienced guesses:

Man Management - This would surely be important for coaches and asst managers in real life, but I'm really not sure because 5 star training i.e. coaching attributes is all you're looking for with coaches. I still like to have my asst manager have good man management. I assume this is something you'd really want your reserve and youth manager(s) to have though. Not sure about physios.

Working with Youngsters - Given players move out of youth training as early as 18 years old, this is something you'd want for your coaches and certainly reserve/youth coaches/managers. Again, wouldn't assume this is something physios need in the game.

Adaptability - I think a staff member with low adaptability, his attributes risk going down pretty quickly if he's at a foreign club (or nation, if international staff even matter).

Determination, Level of Discipline - The higher it is, the slightly better your results, one would assume.

Motivating - I've read someone say, as well as coaches/asst manager, this is something for physios. I assume a high rating makes morale a little higher than normal.

Tactical Knowledge - I think my asst manager and reserve/youth managers would need this. Also your scout, if he's scouting your next opposition. Perhaps also scouts in general.

Completely speculative, except adaptability which is slightly speculative.

^

It's different in FM14.

Fitness is (Fitness x9 +DDM x2) = 270 for five stars

Tactics (Tactics x 2 +DDM) = 90

Ball control = (Technique x6 + Mental x3 +DDM x 2) = 270

Defending = (Defending x8 + Tactics x3 +DDM x2) = 360 (The highest...)

Attacking = (Attack x6 + Tactics x3 + DDM x2) = 270

Shooting = (Technique x6 + Attacking x3 + DDM x2) = 270

Shot Stopping = Goalkeeping x6 + Tactics x3 + DDM x2 = 270

Handling = Goalkeeping x6 + Technique x3 + DDM x2 = 270

So you can get some variation, the problem is I don't think many staff have a good tactical coaching attribute. At the start of the game even with a lot of leagues loaded and large database you won't find available five star coaches for probably 3-5 of those categories (Playing as Man Utd, International Footballer rep....)

it could be done by uploading the save file..something similar to genie scout...i dont want to download genie scout though because i would be tempted to use it on players too xD

You can upload screen exports of coach searches to fmscreener to calculate their star ratings. Unless using Genie Scout (or similar software) you won't be able to read off your game since save games are encrypted.

Archived