Team not performing with Champions League football.

Im playing Wolves in 2022, i have a really good team, but for several seasons now my team wont perfom at all when i have Champions League football.. without CL football i manage to grab the 2-4th place, but the next year im in CL i end up as a midtable team..

Yes, but i feel im doing all the right things, yet players wont perform.. last season i ended 4th, had great player perfomance, top goal scorer and everything.. now with CL football my team is in an underachieving slump and this has happened several seasons with CL football but without i am performing.. maybe its down to squad size? training?

Here is my team for the season, this was a good season, ended 4th and player performance has been good.

I use FM Scout so i have a very very talented squad, not too much rotation needed since i had no CL this season.. surely i would need some added squad depth to compete in the Champions League with this team.

2014_06_06_00002.jpg

2014_06_06_00003.jpg

I usually rotate so that no players has to play with condition under 90%

What I tend to find helps me in campaigning on both fronts is essentially having 2 squads set up under squad selections. Once you have finished your transfer business at the start of the season, take a few minutes to have a look at your squad and arrange them into 2 selections. One being your strongest 11 and the other being a cup/group stage CL team. This obviously assumes you can hold your own in the group stages of the CL as it wouldn't be wise to play a 2nd XI if you just get turned over every game.

By doing this, it helps give me a good base that I can make informed team selections on every game. I try and aim for 95% starting fitness where realistic, as I have found that anything under this severely impacts on my squad's performances across many savegames. Maybe having a separate tactic for your CL games could help too, with 2 DMs helping your defence. I'm not one for 'It's your tactics' but your right side looks like it could be exposed quite easily as well with not much cover being given by your IF and CWB. (Unless you have player instructions set that I can't see ofc)

Archived