Southend United tactic

Today I started playing for Southend United. No new players in team. I prefer players from the junior team. Seeking the optimal settings of tactic. Here is my tactic, which I will be use at the start of the league.

Southend_United_Tactics_Overview.png

Results of friendly matches was good, but passing was very poorly in last match against Chatham. Against Huddersfield match was really poor. For better result lacked just a bit of luck.

Southend_United_Fixtures_Schedule.png

St_Albans_v_Southend_Overview_Overview.png

Southend_v_Huddersfield_Overview_Overview.png

I have question. How you know from scouting report, which team instructions or instructions for individual players are the best against next opponent?

I look at individuals (slow or short defenders, centre-mids lacking bravery, slow or tall forwards etc etc etc), and the team's overall comparison. I like to compare my defence to their attack and vice versa.

I look at individuals (slow or short defenders, centre-mids lacking bravery, slow or tall forwards etc etc etc), and the team's overall comparison. I like to compare my defence to their attack and vice versa.

Well, but I want some instructions for example: slow defenders, lacking bravery centre-mids. Is here some example?

I play FMC, so don't get the option of Opposition Instructions.

For me, the fact that FMC doesn't allow them, is an indication of how important they are - do not worry about them :)

My main consideration when playing against a team is my formation versus theirs, and the way in which I need to manipulate my midfield to counteract theirs.

I use a deep and narrow 4-2-3-1 at the moment, with a Standard Mentality. As I use two DMs, I know that my defensive line is deeper than a flat 4-4-2 on Standard.

If I face a 4-2-3-1 Denmark, I won't change a things as I know my deeper DMs congest the area their AMC is in.

If I face a 4-4-2, I might Push Higher Up, because I would still expect my DMs to be deeper than their MCs, but no so deep as to allow the MCs time and space to dictate play.

Against a 4-1-2-2-1, I have no AI AM to worry about, so I'd probably do the same as against a 4-4-2. It's all about imagining how the key areas of your and the AI shapes line up, and thinking about how to best match and exceed them.

After four matches, I think about resignation. Sometimes I do not know if I should laugh, what FM can generate, or should I cry. My own stadium is my biggest enemy. Only one positive aspect is, that I improved efficiency of my strikers.

Well, but I want some instructions for example: slow defenders, lacking bravery centre-mids. Is here some example?

Low bravery -> tackle hard (he'll scare). Poor composure, concentration and decisions in defence -> close down always (he'll pass stupidly under pressure). Foot right/left only -> show onto weaker foot (force him to play his way weaker foot). Long shots better than 15 -> close down always (to block the shot). Slightly injured -> tackle hard (to break his legs). High pace+acceleration -> tight marking and possibly closing down always as well (or they will keep running away).

That's the general ones. The rest is your judgement. If they play with a good Treq in the AMC position, have your DM man mark that guy through the entire game, regardless of where he goes and he might never have space to do anything. If the ref is trigger-happy don't tackle hard.

Archived