Poor form

I lost six games in a row. Poor form, but a few things amazes me. After fifth defeat, I made a team meeting, but it had no effect, because I lost sixth match in row. In this game my defender has clear ball alone near the goal line. He has lot of time for action. Nobody around him. No pressure. He turned back and played ball behind goal line. Corner kick and winning goal from this for opponent. Really do not understand why, the player did not do anything with the ball and played it to the senseless corner. Wrong tactic, poor form or not poor form, this was so senseless action, that no player would not do it.

What can I do ? How do I motivate players?

From the last 12 games is 1 win, 4 draws and 7 defeats. I changed tactic and instructions. I made team meeting and other things, but it had no effect. What can I do?

If your tactic was previously doing well for you, I would be disinclined to change it. You're then throwing a loss of tactical familiarity into the mix as well. I would perhaps alter some team instructions to try and make the team harder to beat and try and grind out some ugly wins just to turn a corner.

Like LLama said, I would definitely use media, chats and team talks to try and reduce the pressure.

As difficult as it is (because losing is hard to take) you have to let them off lightly in matches they are not expected to win, and away games I've found more so.

I want to shout and kick football boots in there direction, but you soon realise, you cannot do this (as it is only a game), but you must try and lift them, to start the next game with a positive attitude.

Before another match I changed some tactic instructions. I won a dramatic match. Very important victory. I hope that now it will be better. I think that was in some tactic instructions. When I changed instructions, they played better and after drama, they won match.

In addition to the advice given on people management you also need to think about slighty modifying your approach on the pitch.

I don't know how you're set up to play but if confidence is low, an attacking approach won't work as your players won't find the net and you'll leak goals.

At times like this you need a set up that is resilient. If you have a defensive tactic, use it. If you don't, tweak an offensive one to make it more negative.

Solid defensive shape, keep the football basic and simple, make yourself hard to beat. Grind out results. Just focus on getting a point, a clean sheet, nicking a dirty goal. That's how you'll turn it around.

Archived