Significance of Natural/Accomplished per position?

Have Jay Rodriquez playing upfront for me in my Southampton game. He is scoring a decent amount of goals and I am doing all I can to improve it.

Averages over 4 shots per game with a 57% Shot on Target rate. Returns are 12 league goals in 17 league appearances.

One of the things, asides from his the obvious attributes that could potentially limit his goal return is that;

He is only accomplished in the striker position.

Im considering training him to Natural (which I understand only stays on natural if I keep playing him in that position/train him frequently in it.)

Will this really have a worthwhile impact? I also understand it would use up CA points. If it wouldnt have that much of an impact I would rather use those points in other areas.

It wouldn't have a big impact on his CA/PA if you trained him. About the only difference between Natural/Accomplished is the decision making abilities of the player in question but I don't think that's going to have much impact on him because he's also very good as a striker.

Wouldn't take long to train him as a striker though (to natural ability) so you might as well go for it.

Training new positions doesn't cost CA at all.

the ca required to maintain the attributes a player has is affected by his positional familiarity in different positions. sometimes training a player in a new position decreases the ca points required to maintain the set of attributes a player has, hence you will see attributes going up as a result since ca does not change. sometimes it is the other was around.

example. a player has 150 CA and is only familiar as a striker position. If you train him as an MC now and moke him accomplished there, the payer will no longer need 150CA for the attributes he has, but may only need 145 CA. The remaining 5 CA points are then distributed across his attributes.

SO as a matter of fact you can say that positions affect CA, in terms of what people percept as CA, which is the collective sum of player'S attributes.

the ca required to maintain the attributes a player has is affected by his positional familiarity in different positions. sometimes training a player in a new position decreases the ca points required to maintain the set of attributes a player has, hence you will see attributes going up as a result since ca does not change. sometimes it is the other was around.

example. a player has 150 CA and is only familiar as a striker position. If you train him as an MC now and moke him accomplished there, the payer will no longer need 150CA for the attributes he has, but may only need 145 CA. The remaining 5 CA points are then distributed across his attributes.

SO as a matter of fact you can say that positions affect CA, in terms of what people percept as CA, which is the collective sum of player'S attributes.

I know how training works thanks very much but that wasn't the question I was answering. What I was responding to was;

I also understand it would use up CA points.

Which isn't true whatever way you try looking at it. Training a new position never ever costs CA. Training a new position can actually reduces CA cost but never ever costs more. So maybe read what's actually put rather than trying to complicate the issue with a response that has nothing to do with what I was answering :)

I know how training works thanks very much but that wasn't the question I was answering. What I was responding to was;

Which isn't true whatever way you try looking at it. Training a new position never ever costs CA. Training a new position can actually reduces CA cost but never ever costs more. So maybe read what's actually put rather than trying to complicate the issue with a response that has nothing to do with what I was answering :)

I wasn't explaining this to you (even though I quoted your response and it may have been perceived that way), but this was more in answer to the original question. I'm perfectly clear that you understand the inside and outs of this game, but not everyone does and the question from the OP suggested there was a misunderstanding about what positional training does and in all honesty I believe your short answer, while technically correct of course, didn't pay attention to the intent of the question.

Training a new position can increase CA cost - just train a winger to be a winger for the other side. (I just picked the in-game editor and took one of my regens - he's natural as striker, accomplished as AMR (18) and MR (19), and has a 14 for positional familiarity at AMC. If I increase his rating as a left winger from 1 to 20, his "recommended CA" rises from 151 to 155. so if I trained him to be a left winger he'd see an attribute drop if his CA (currently 152) remains the same. So I disagree with that part of your post.

I am very capable of reading thanks very much, but this is a discussion board and I felt the examples I provided could help the discussion. So maybe think about what was written and whether it's really necessary to feel offended rather than just insult people without reason.

Archived