Sugar Daddy through Gameplay

Hello everyone.

I have created a fictional club using MyClub mode by replacing one of the smaller clubs in the Portuguese Premier League.

With it I have currently conquered 2 league titles and 6 cup titles, including a Champions League title and an European Super Cup.

This is a highly unlikely prospect for any smaller Portuguese club. Shouldn't have this been enough to unlock Sugar Daddy in this save?

2 European titles and a total of 8 titles in only 2 years. That supposedly qualifies for the Sugar Daddy requirements that I have been reading about. What am I missing?

Thank you for the help.

I think it takes an absolute minimum of three complete seasons to unlock Sugar Daddy and that minimum can increase depending on the reputation of the club. I unlocked it in three seasons back in FMH2012, taking Tonbridge from the Blue Square South to League 1, but the minimum may be higher for a Portugese Premier League side, even a small one.

I think it takes an absolute minimum of three complete seasons to unlock Sugar Daddy and that minimum can increase depending on the reputation of the club. I unlocked it in three seasons back in FMH2012, taking Tonbridge from the Blue Square South to League 1, but the minimum may be higher for a Portugese Premier League side, even a small one.

Took Bath all the way to the Prem and never saw a sugar daddy.. I feel cheated :D

Took Bath all the way to the Prem and never saw a sugar daddy.. I feel cheated :D

Did you actually win anything? Or just get promoted several times?

EDIT: I ask because I have taken Accrington Stanley into the Premier League and Europa League and not unlocked Sugar Daddy yet, but that's probably because all I've actually won is the JPT. I got automatic promotion every time but no league titles.

How does sugar daddy actually work? When it is unlocked do you automatically get taken over by an Abramovic style person??

If it's the same as last year, you get a choice, you can say no.

It says something like "The chairman comes to you and asks you if you think he should sell to these really rich people".

Did you actually win anything? Or just get promoted several times?

EDIT: I ask because I have taken Accrington Stanley into the Premier League and Europa League and not unlocked Sugar Daddy yet, but that's probably because all I've actually won is the JPT. I got automatic promotion every time but no league titles.

Probably that then as I don't think I won much beyond the league titles plus two seasons runners up in the CL.

• 10 months later...

I'm in my third season now with Grimsby. Through an amazing amount of luck and what is apparently a brilliant tactic I've won two league titles, FA Trophy, FA Cup, Europa, Capital One, Community Shield and The Euro Super Cup. Still haven't unlocked Sugar Daddy. I'm hoping that it is a three year minimum because it's getting more and more difficult to bring in players. I've had huge budgets for the size squad (2.5 million for League 2 and 5.5 for League 1) but my roster is tiny and with injuries this year I'm struggling and just trying to remain afloat. Please tell me it will unlock by the end of this year.

I'm in my third season now with Grimsby. Through an amazing amount of luck and what is apparently a brilliant tactic I've won two league titles, FA Trophy, FA Cup, Europa, Capital One, Community Shield and The Euro Super Cup. Still haven't unlocked Sugar Daddy. I'm hoping that it is a three year minimum because it's getting more and more difficult to bring in players. I've had huge budgets for the size squad (2.5 million for League 2 and 5.5 for League 1) but my roster is tiny and with injuries this year I'm struggling and just trying to remain afloat. Please tell me it will unlock by the end of this year.

Yes there is a minimum amount of time, but I can't remember what it is.

On a side note, if your squad is that thin after 3 years with the club, you are not making use of free transfers enough. I've taken teams from the 6th tier (Conference North/South) to the Premier League and never signed a player for more than a few hundred thousand until I was in the Championship at least. I make huge profits selling players and still put that money into wages rather than spending it on transfers.

There is one big problem with Sugar dady. Your player are impossible to sold.

The more money you have, the more your player ask for new contracts. And after 2 years, only a small amount of club can pay for their enormous salary.

Use it at the begining, but not to much.

No offence, but it's your own fault if you give your players too large contracts.

Almost regardless of how much money you have, you should never give a player more than he's worth to you.

Archived