Problem with data editor (not in game editor)

Okay. I am sorry for the stupid question but I have been trying this for over 2 hours to avoid bugging people here and I just can't make it work.

I have made all my changes in the database in the editor (not the real time one).

How, specifically, do I then save the altered database, so when I start a new game it will let me choose database.

From the file menu in the editor there are the following options:

load editor data

merge edito data

save editor data

save editor data as

load database

If it is one of the save options, where and in what format do i save it.

I tried saving it in the default location (editor data folder) under the name new. I then tried saving it as new.xml

But nothing happens when I start a new game.

Then when I go back to the editor by default it just loads the unaltered database, till I select load editor data and suddenly my revisions are there.

I am on the point of hurling things at the wall..please help

As Oneronaldo says. When you save in the editor only the changes you have made are saved to a XML file. When you start the game you load the default 14.0.0 database + the changes file. You pick it by ticking the checkbox under where you choose the database.

Thanks Butters. My issue is I'm not seeing a changes file. I'm not getting any option to choose a database (if we're talking about immediately after you select :new game;

full featured simulation) the database just loads. Is that the time when these options should appear??

Thanks

alternatively you can go into this screen, and press "editor data files" in the top right

xfrVrkJ.jpg

press it, tick the file that you wish, and then confirm and boot as normal

edit: if you're unsure, i always boot up one league on a small DB to check first (just because it loads in under 2 minutes) rather than set up all my settings to be disappointed (which loads in about half hour)

Thanks Samdiatmh, that at leasts establishes something for me, as that 'Editor data Files' option remains greyed out for me.

I will try deleting the cache as someone else suggested and report back in the morning.

It's good to know I wasn't going mad, anyway.

read the thread, not the OP.....

can you check MyDocuments/SportsInteractive/FootballManager2014/EditorData

there should be a config file [there by default] and any other editor changes that you've made

after you've made your changes (in the editor), go into "save editor data as" and save it as something (NOT config) then check that location (you might also have a filename.bak file in there, leave it there)

then boot up FM as normal

also note, you may need to close the editor to actually have the files accessible (otherwise you'll have a previous version, or the file won't be accessible)

Hi

Okay, where I am now is:

I uninstalled FM and uninstalled the data editor.

I reinstalled both

I went into the data editor and made the alterations I wanted.

I did save as: and saved it as 'new' in the default folder it suggested.

I loaded the game..only one database opened. The edited data box was still greyed out. I started the game with the database and it was the riginal unaltered database not the one with my changes. I am out of ideas.

Here is a screenshot of my Documents folder. If you look at the 'tree' on the left, There is only one Sports Interactive folder but within that there's both a

Football Manager: Editor Data folder and a separate Editor 2014/Editor Data folder.

http://gyazo.com/e1bb15969c3e419467762219fe2ece9e

Does that help at all? In which one should my revised database be (or is it both)? Any and all help much appreciated.

Hi Max

Thanks for replying. The issue, however, is that when I start a new game, I don't get the option to choose database, and the editor data files option is greyed out.

That's the symptom of the problem.

Everybody's been trying to help me work out why it isn't working, hence all my screenshots in this thread, so any thoughts you may have would be very much appreciated.

Thanks again

• 8 months later...
  • 3 months later...

Archived