most frustrating bug ever - CL game clashes with international fixtures

Deep into my 4th season with 14.1.4, I was thinking the game has become very enjoyable and the guys at SI did a very good job. Until...

I draw Inter Milan in the CL group stage. I notice that there is only one fixture in my group on the first match day. Soon I understand why. Inter Milan and AC Milan are drawn to play on the same match day. Since these two clubs share the same stadium, this is impossible. What happens in real life is their fixtures are specially arranged so that they never have to play their home games in the same week. However, FM2014 fails to do that. Instead, Inter Milan play all their home CL games at different dates than the rest - and guess what: My game against Inter Milan is set for the 12th of October, which is only one day after an international match day. As you can imagine, 18 of my 25-man-squad are away on international duty, I don't have a goalkeeper to play, have to start with a bunch of 15 year olds. Inter Milan also fields a weakened side but at least they can start with a first-choice goalie and a few decent players. Obviously I get trashed at least 5 or 6 to nil (played the game over and over again). I was doing so well in my group so far, managed a draw against Dortmund, who are the current holders of the trophy in the game, on their turf. I am so mad right now, I really can not find words to express my dissappointment and anger.

I am not going to bother uploading anything to any server, because I am sure I made myself clear. With all these advancements, I find it absolutely unacceptable why the developers in SI can not manage to arrange the match fixtures properly.

My guess is because when these problems do come up to many people are to busy moaning rather then being constructive and uploading their saves or pkm's ect to actually help SI work out why these problems do arise and to find a solution..... Grow up, stop crying, report it in the bugs forum and upload your save to the server for them to look at ( i guess they may need one before the fixture though)

You've turned your post from a pretty good report of a bug to absolute dogtoss with that final part. With the facilities SI put in place for bug reporting, you can't go complaining about a terrible bug and then say "oh but I'm not raising it as a bug". What is the point in that? You forfeit your right to complaint in this case.

Plus there are plenty of bugs around fixture scheduling, some far worse than this one.

This is a known issue and, because it doesn't happen with any logical frequency, or in all circumstances, has been very difficult to reproduce for the testers. If you have save game from just before the fixture clash please upload it and help the testers resolve the problem as without examples, it wont get fixed.

I was quite upset last night and I now understand that whining won't help. So I agree with Robert Page and forameuss on the fact that no good can come out of complaining and complaining only. But unfortunately I do not have a save file before the clash, as the CL fixtures are determined right after the draw and I noticed this problem only two weeks before the match itself, and by then it was late September in the game, and I had saved the game a couple of times after the CL draw.

• 10 months later...

I have been playing a save with Sport Recife since December 2013 (real-life)/Dec 2012 (in-game). Now it's December 2018 and I have managed to win every single tournament that year (state championship, Libertadores, First Division [with 7 fixtures in hand]) and I have reached the final of the Brazilian Cup as well as the final of the South American Cup. I was favourite to win those two titles and expected to do great in the World Championship and manage to win every possible title in 2018. The thing is, because of the World Cup and all the tournaments I took part in, many fixtures have been pushed to the end of the year. You can imagine how congested my weeks are. Now, I have the first leg of the South American Cup Final (let's call it Day 1), followed by 2 league games in days 2 and 3. So far, nothing I can't handle. The problem is that on Day 1 there is also a league match scheduled and, after I finish playing the final game, I can't leave the match. I can leave the match screen and go to other screns like the inbox, but can't move forward in time. My game is simply blocked and all the effort is lost. What I think I could do is to use a back-up save to lose the cup games and try to recover my save, but that wouldn't be reasonable, I guess.

Well, that was me bitching about. The thing I really wanted to do is to know how I could recover my save and, if it's necessary, how to upload my save if it would help the developers to improve the game engine.

Archived