How to buy the game in Vietnam?

I currently live in Vietnam.

Steam says the game is unavailable. I can't download the game from Sega either and they never replied to my query!

Does anyone know how you can buy the game here?

I understand the need to stop piracy but when it stops legitimate paying customers purchasing the game it becomes counter productive...

Yes, I'm in Cambodia and was seriously concerned that I wouldn't be able to get the game. I was saved by FM Scout who emailed me. They have a special SE Asian facility so my debit card was good with them. Scroll to the bottom of this page - regional restrictions:

http://www.fmscout.com/a-download-football-manager-2014.html

Guest dr12729

Hi guys, I'm told we, in South Korea, are able to activate at least the Korean version. I, personally, haven't tried it. The problem is that the Korean version is a "different" game. For example, we are forced to use hangeul, the Korean language (in player names...). It's a different experience. I've given up buying FM14. I used to order the DVD version from the UK, but even that's impossible now...

Be careful because in some of these countries, even if you manage to buy the game, you won't be able to activate it on STEAM, and the most you can hope for is trying to get a refund, (or find a sneaky way to activate it on STEAM). Dr12729 - Were you able to activate it in Korea?

The OP was asking about Vietnam. I can verify the FM Scout deal to Cambodia is quite kosher so Vietnam will be too. No idea about Korea, personally.

• 3 months later...

Hi to all the guys above:

SI replied this before but not in a big enough stage maybe to get the message spread: http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/374602-Help-needed!-Bought-the-game-and-cannot-install!?highlight=taiwan this is for those who bought game but unable to install/activate

For those who wants but cant buy FM14 pls send message to me with your email or other contact so I can asked my colleagues with Asia Data group to reply to you accordingly

I live in South Korea and it would look like there is no legal way to buy the English version of the game. However, I suggest you look at all the websites that offer legal downloads of the game as quite a few of them do not have country restrictions. I have always found a way to pay for the game.

(If you have a British credit card and a UK VPN/proxy like HideMyAss then you can download through Steam, but you should check that such measures are not against Steam's terms and conditions. Please disregard if Steam does not allow you to use a VPN/proxy to pay money for a game that is not accessible in another country.)

Archived