FM 2014 has one feature that I cannot live without.

Ever since FM 2012, I heavily favor Norway clubs due to their loose work permit and very competitive reserve teams (#2 team) that actually play in a competitive league with promotion and relegation. It makes growing youth players the way I want very easy and kills the need to loan out players.

But Norway or any other clubs in Scandinavia region have one critical downside. It is that competitive international tournaments play during middle of seasons. I've experienced cases where I lost up to 10 players due to international call-ups and I was forced to replace more than half of my first 11s with reserve players. I had to do so for sometimes 5 straight matches, losing a lot of points along the way...

FM 2014 has a feature to request FA to postpone matches when more than 2 of your players are called up for international matches. I can FINALLY get rid of this headache.

Actually, the top two leagues in Norway take a break while Euros and World Cup tournaments are held. There should be no need to postpone anything.

Edit: at least the Premier League.

Not really. If you are involved in qualification stages of UCL or Europa, you will still play. And you still have to play a Norway cup game mid the international break as well but only if countries involving your players are past group stage.

Hey, how exactly do you use this feature?

Thanks

It's automatic. If the system detects more than 2 of your players gets international calls and you have a match to play while they are gone, the system gives you a red message to request FA to postpone. You can choose not to postpone as well if you have good squad depth.

• 4 months later...

Archived