Unrealistic Regen Squad Status Demands

I am playing as Celtic and I am trying to be a dirty poacher. I can sign some high class regens for reasonable wages considering the talent they could hold - However they want to be part of a squad rotation system and have no desire to be hot prospects.

These are literally kids of 14/15 years old asking to be part of the first team.

Any reason for this?

Thanks

Are you trying to steal them from higher rep sides that Celtic? If you are then is it not reasonable for them to want more guarantees of senior team football compared to what they would expect at their current club?

That's not to see there isn't a missing element to youth prospect negotiations, having an option to map out your plan for a 14/15 year old player would be a welcome addition as it would allow the manager to tell the player that if he joins your squad he will get his chance to shine on the senior stage earlier than if he's stays where he is. This could also be used to create a more accurate rating for your youth development, keep your promise & young prospects could look upon you & your club more favourably but fail to deliver & you might find that you only can only attract money motivate mercenaries.

with regard to wages & negotiations, i've often wondered what the use of the clause "yearly raise by 20%" is in for

when the next negotiations come around they often ask for contracts exceeding the one they're on by 500% or more

I thought that club rep might have something to do with it so I tested it on a player from Auxerre (Ligue 2) and he wasn't having any of it.

If my rep increases enough will these demands be more realistic?

Also if anyone can suggest how I do that with Celtic (without stating the obvious/impossible win the CL) I would appreciate it.

Thanks for the replies.

You need to ask yourself the question "Why would these players want to play for your club?"

What can you offer them that they can't get at their current club?

If the answer is nothing than why should they move?

You might struggle getting youth players from major nations on continental Europe, not only do you have to contend with the less than stellar desirability rating for Glasgow compared to many of the cities in France, Germany, Spain, Italy, the list is probably long but there also the low rep of Scotland & the SPL.

Of course Champions league football is a draw but for that to be of any value or meaning you need to be offering the player just that & that means a more senior squad status.

Edit: Looks like I was off the mark on the desirability rating of Glasgow, how can the researcher justify a rating of

18 out of 20

?

According to the data Glasgow is only 1 point lower than Milan, Turin, Munich on the attractiveness rating scale & it is on a par with Lisbon, that has to be a joke?

Can offer them top facilities, trophies and european football every season - Some of these players are in Ligue 2.

I would understand if I was trying to poach off Barca, Madrid, Milan, etc.

They can only win trophies and get European football if they are playing in the first team hence their request for that level of squad status.

Archived