Player wages problem

I am trying to offer Varane a contract from Real Madrid and have over 100k in wages to spend but somereason when I click squad status as "First Team" the most I can offer is £12,750 p/w.

The weird thing is I can offer £230,000 p/w when I select "Key Player"

Why is the wage limit so low for "First Team" ?

812e6d67f5c8f1e2ecf53b241c6b88dc.png

632080f69a3e3f189357eef84e7b88bf.png

Guest Satchy
But why cn I only offer £12,500 for "First Team" ? :confused:

It's based on your team's current balance and also how your board interacts with you. They set the amount.

Guest Satchy

I would look at your projected balance for the end of the year, and that should give you some idea as to how much you are under or over-spending on wages. Generally the board will actually let you spend into the red, so you may already be close to that.

I have Alonso set to sign at the beginning of next season but I don't get why I'm allowed to offer 230k a week when it's KEY but for First Team they will only allow me to offer 12.75k. Surely doesn't make sense

If you're telling the board that a new signing will be a key player ten they will at times allow you more latitude when offering that player a contract, after all if he's going to be a key player then he must be worth it, If as in this case you're suggesting they allow you to break the projected wage budget for someone who will only be a 1st team player then they might wonder if he is really needed & as such will be less inclined for you to break that budget.

I consider the logic to be perfectly sensible & if the player is that important to you then you should reflect that importance in his squad status, if you're just buying him because he can do a job or is only slightly better than what you already have then the board are clearly of the opinion that you do not need such a player & you should consider another transfer target.

You could also move some of your transfer budget to the wage budget as this might loosen the purse strings, a rather gamey solution to your problem & one that imo shouldn't exist but it's there for you if you want.

I wouldn't over worry about setting it to "key player" even if you do, or intend to, use him as a "1st team player". In my experience the difference in his expectations or morale in getting the two wrong for a player is so negligible it won't make much of a difference. Where it does make a difference is salary and/or budgets (as you've found out :D ).

Obviously he does need to be playing pretty regularly but I'm guessing as it's Varane you'd be selling him and cashing in or in your case not buying him if he wasn't a big part of your plans so he's going to be one of the two and an important player either way.

If you're telling the board that a new signing will be a key player ten they will at times allow you more latitude when offering that player a contract, after all if he's going to be a key player then he must be worth it, If as in this case you're suggesting they allow you to break the projected wage budget for someone who will only be a 1st team player then they might wonder if he is really needed & as such will be less inclined for you to break that budget.

I consider the logic to be perfectly sensible & if the player is that important to you then you should reflect that importance in his squad status, if you're just buying him because he can do a job or is only slightly better than what you already have then the board are clearly of the opinion that you do not need such a player & you should consider another transfer target.

You could also move some of your transfer budget to the wage budget as this might loosen the purse strings, a rather gamey solution to your problem & one that imo shouldn't exist but it's there for you if you want.

Thanks alot, I will take what you said into consideration. It has never happened to me before so I was just a bit confused.

I wouldn't over worry about setting it to "key player" even if you do, or intend to, use him as a "1st team player". In my experience the difference in his expectations or morale in getting the two wrong for a player is so negligible it won't make much of a difference. Where it does make a difference is salary and/or budgets (as you've found out :D ).

Obviously he does need to be playing pretty regularly but I'm guessing as it's Varane you'd be selling him and cashing in or in your case not buying him if he wasn't a big part of your plans so he's going to be one of the two and an important player either way.

That's correct (in my experience). If you plan to play him regularly, you may as well sign him as a key player. You might even be able to reduce his status to first team player after a while without consequences.

Do you have contracts that will start at the same time, the game accounts for impending wages to be added. Or you contracts you have offered to other players.

How much wages will Alonso be on?

Keep in mind that your board will add all contract offers that you have made so far, be they already accepted or still in the consideration/confirmation process as if these players were already on your wage bill.

Thus if you have 140k available space you will have to deduct Alonso's wages from this space. (this is assuming that the other two guys are not on significant wages)

In result you may be pretty close to your wage space lilit or even over it. In situations like these the board will limit your offers to further players like Varane. The board may however allow you more space for key players in such situation as they do not want to block a significant improvement of the squad.

btw in order to circumvent this, you can reallocate all transfer funds to your wage budget and revert this when a transfer confirmation is due. This does not allow you to circumvent your spending limits but it does avoid the effect that your wage spending is limited when making offers.

Archived