FM13 - Massadio Haïdara

Tellos

Massadio Haïdara

MassadioHaidara_2930833.jpg?20130417110254

Massadio Haïdara (born 2 December 1992) is a French footballer who plays for English club Newcastle United in the Premier League. He plays as a left back and made his professional debut on 11 December 2010 in a league match against Sochaux. On 10 January 2011, he signed his first professional contract after agreeing to a three-year deal with Nancy.

On 25 January 2013, Haïdara signed for English Premier League club Newcastle United for an undisclosed fee (reportedly £2 million) to become Newcastle's ninth first team player with French nationality and fourth of five French players signed in the January 2013 transfer window. He made his debut for Newcastle on 21 February 2013 in the Europa League against Metalist Kharkiv.

During a match against Wigan Athletic on 17 March 2013, Haïdara came on as a substitute for injured Frenchman Mathieu Debuchy. A few minutes afterwards, he was stretchered off after a high tackle on him by Callum McManaman. The incident provoked a tunnel bust-up at half-time that saw Newcastle assistant manager John Carver and Wigan coach Graham Barrow both sent to the stands by Referee Mark Halsey.

He wears the number 19 for Newcastle United, but because for the 2012-13 Europa League season the number had already been registered to Demba Ba, he wore the number 35 for that Tournament.

In Football Manager

Position - Left Back

Club - Newcastle United

Nationality - French

Age at Beginning of Game - 19

Value at Beginning of Game - £2m

Wages at Beginning of Game - £5k per week

At the start of Season 1

MassadioHaiumldara_OverviewProfile-3_zps170c1850.png

In May 2016. I took control in January 2013 so he has had a decent amount of tutoring and training. He is pretty much at his potential but hasn't let me down yet in the league or Champions League. Sure there are better out there, but he's still on his original contract and for £5k a week its hard to find someone to do a better job than he can do.

MassadioHaiumldara_OverviewProfile-2_zps0aba893b.png

His league stats

MassadioHaiumldara_HistoryCareerStats_zps5831a349.png

PS - Hopefully this has been done correctly. It's my first one and thought that I may as well seeing as I couldn't find one for him in the links forum.

Agree that he's a good player to back up Santon at the start of the game as a left back before offering a decent rotation option for resting Debuchy and having Santon at right back.

Good thread Tellos.

I had Haidara on loan at PSG for a couple of seasons, and he was a reliable performer when called upon. He may not have great stats and there are of course better (more expensive) players out there, but he is usually available to loan (I think for free IIRC) and if he is available to buy for that kind of price/wage he should be a good low-cost option for mid-table Premier teams and French teams in particular.

Archived