[FM13] United Counties of Lincolnshire and Humberside 2013

United Counties of Lincolnshire and Humberside- National League Structure for FM13

Intro

Lincolnshire and South Humberside have split from the rest of England. Oil money has meant they can fund themselves and their national sport, Football.

Not being an area blessed with big clubs the new league will take some time to get going, the FA hope it will take off quickly!

To help them along money and reputation is on offer with these exciting features:

• Three playable Leagues with promotion/relegation

• Three Playable Cups

• League structure filling 5 qualifying rounds of the FA Cup and 5 further rounds

• One unplayable cup to show off the extent of the league structure

• Three unplayable leagues to give a realistic depth to the league structure encompassing teams to level 14 and equivalents

• Playable National team

• Logos and graphics to enhance the experience

Current Release

Version 8.0- Download Here Released 11/03/2013

• Increased difficulty for stronger teams but also made it easier for lower rep teams in top division (feel free to reverse this to increase difficulty)
  • Increased attendance across playable teams
  • Increased long save playability
  • Compatible with latest patch
  • New home based players added to database included in nation

Old Versions

-All other previous & intermediates have been beta or developer versions

Known bugs and suggested improvements for FM13 Version 8.0

- none but please post any comments or suggestions in this thread

Many congratulations on the completion of your project, I am sure it will be a success.

From interest is the Conoco sponsor the oil money that made this possible? (in the story of course)

Its just a big employer in the area since the fishing industry declined.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Can you manage them as a nation too?

Yup, San Marino and Andorra are beatable at the start but the rest take time :)

You spend a lot of time grinding out credible draws against big nations which is quite fun. I seem to celebrate every goal they score with a huge whoop!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Brilliant database, just taken a quick look. A minor gripe would be that the match time of the U18s league is 0. I've also looked at the people who have Lincs and Humber as a second nation and are declared for another and I'd advise you to remove the declaration and maybe make Lincs and Humber their first nation for the reasons stated below, for all players they'd be allowed to make the switch if they want:

Undeclare Jack Barmby as he's unlikely to ever play for England and maybe make Lincs and Humber his first nation

Undeclare Stefan Galinski in case he doesn't play for Poland

Make Lee Frecklington's first nation Lincs and Humber due to it being the only nation he sticks a chance of playing for

David Prutton is declared for England, he will never play for them really and would happily play for Lincs and Humber, make first nation.

Consider revising Paul Robinson's international nation and retirement as he will probably never play for England if he wanted and may come out of retirement if he was spearheading a new national team but this situation is hard to work out, so it's completely up to you.

Also, change John Oster's first nation to Lincs and Humber as he'll never play for Wales again.

In local regions I'd put all your cities into a Lincs and Humber region, or better yet, split it up into a Lincolnshire one and a Humber one. This can be done by enabling the add region button, which you can be shown how to do here: http://www.thedugout.tv/community/showthread.php?t=72755

Or by overwriting an empty region (one with no cities in), the only one I can think of is the North Eastern province in Kenya.

These are all advisements rather than what I expect to happen. I would personally have set the stadiums that hold internationals slightly differently but it's personal preference.

I hope you appreciate the feedback.

Brilliant database, just taken a quick look. A minor gripe would be that the match time of the U18s league is 0. I've also looked at the people who have Lincs and Humber as a second nation and are declared for another and I'd advise you to remove the declaration and maybe make Lincs and Humber their first nation for the reasons stated below, for all players they'd be allowed to make the switch if they want.

After many years of keeping them separate for the reasons that the players WERE playing for other nations I now agree with you, you make a good point that they are now past their chance and would probably all go for the new nation. I will make that change now as you made such a good argument!

As for the local regions, I meant to do that but it slipped my mind. I kept forgetting even though it was on my list of things to do. I will do that now too.

Many thanks for the fantastic feedback, it is MUCH appreciated and will go to making my database better.

Quick update.

Just removed the declared for nations and all the old guys jump straight into the Lincs squad : Oster, Prutton, Robinson and Wilson

Also followed your other suggestions

Only the young 'uns dont jump right in but I am sure in time they will. If not it does mean as a human manager of the nation you can just try and convince them anyway. I know from fact that Pawlett and Cooper can play for my nation as I have seen it happen.

I'm glad the feedback is appreciated and I expected that the others would wait to see if they had a chance with a bigger nation. Those old guys I'm hoping will add a lot to the national squad and make the national side easier to play.

I'm now going to trawl through lists of players to see if they're eligible for nationality or naturalisation in the Hull squad. I'll provide a list once I've done it. I also realised where your long term playability issue with attendances may lie, you've set game importance as unimportant, raise it and see what happens. I might add Paul Robinson to the famous players list with a permanent rating of 20 and maybe a small one for Dave Prutton as well.

If not stated, eligible. Remove all declarations for nation. Based on info in-game. I based it on days in club/nation. In case you want to use it more extensively.

Some players I found on a quick google search and they had correct info in-game. If I don't state, whether it's naturalisation or second nation, then it's second nation.

Andy Dawson (Hull), never played for England, never will. Would probably want to get a chance to play on the international stage. Naturalisation/second nation

Jamie Devitt (Hull) Will never play for Ireland. Not got quite even years at Hull in-game but he came through the youth system so he'll have been there for longer and possibly subject to lighter rules.

Sonny Bradley (Hull) Been over there for 13 or 14 years in real life. From the age of seven at least. Remove declared for nation. He would actually guaranteed have Lincs and Humber citizenship. Declared for nation.

Joel Sutton (Hull)

Brad Ricketts (Hull)

Sam Topliss (Hull)

Dougie Wilson (Hull) Declared nation.

Lewis Clarkson (Hull)

Daniel Chambers (Hull)

Henry Gill (Hull)

Jack Barlow (Hull)

Liam Cooper (Chesterfield)

There's more out there to add, this is what I've thrown together quickly, trawling through Hull's squad and a quick google search let me find out about Liam Cooper. I also just wondered why it's south Humberside and not Humberside, I know there will be a valid reason but I don't know enough local history.

I also realised where your long term playability issue with attendances may lie, you've set game importance as unimportant, raise it and see what happens. I might add Paul Robinson to the famous players list with a permanent rating of 20 and maybe a small one for Dave Prutton as well.

Things I have never thought of, this is what I love about the forum.

Please make a post containing more of this so I can include it in the "how to" sections so everyone can benefit! All of this will make future versions of mine and others nations much better.

Thanks so very much!

Things I have never thought of, this is what I love about the forum.

Please make a post containing more of this so I can include it in the "how to" sections so everyone can benefit! All of this will make future versions of mine and others nations much better.

Thanks so very much!

Thank you! You've just put a massive smile on my face saying that. And what do you mean by "how to" sections. I'm not sure all of this works (well game importance) it's just I thought some of it would work from looking around the forums and some of it I hadn't even thought about before. The famous players list effects what the player is that domestic youth gets dubbed as 'the next' and the higher the rating the better the player it will take to get it and the more likely he'll be chosen over a lower rated player with the same description set and in the famous players list.

Fired up your database again and noticed there are no match officials. Did you forget to transfer them over or aren't there any. If there aren't any I'd advise you create some as well as it being a great opportunity to populate the nation with local names. I think I've worked out what you meant by the "how to" sections now but I think I've mentioned pretty much everything I can think of. For awards I'd also advise you make them all first to third place and could you unattach Lincs and Humber footballer of the year from the Conoco premier league so it appear in the nation like the other nation's equivalents do as well as possibly quickly setting up a young player equivalent as well. Those awards things are more minor and cosmetic but it makes a difference. It being attached to the Conoco league could also scew the results of that award a bit as well.

I just spotted another thing you can improve on. You've removed San Marino from continental club qualification so under the registered teams tab in the Champions and Europa League I'd replace the Sammarinese clubs with the top Lincs and Humber sides. Tre Penne in the CL with Hull, In the Europa, Scunthorpe in place of Libertas and Grimsby in the place of La Fiorita.

Thank you! You've just put a massive smile on my face saying that. And what do you mean by "how to" sections. I'm not sure all of this works (well game importance) it's just I thought some of it would work from looking around the forums and some of it I hadn't even thought about before. .

A how to in the Regional Database thread for those little extras would be great, things I never even thought about or knew had an effect.

You learn something new a lot around these forums when others share there knowledge, collectively we know a lot but individually we do not share it enough! I have always tried to, hence my videos.

I hope you put in all of my suggestions, and you can put all of these things into your regional databases thread but a little credit would be nice. However, the majority of the stuff I didn't learn from poking around the editor was from you and the rest from poking around the forums.

I hope you put in all of my suggestions, and you can put all of these things into your regional databases thread but a little credit would be nice. However, the majority of the stuff I didn't learn from poking around the editor was from you and the rest from poking around the forums.

A good whack of your suggestions have gone in, the rest I am considering and reviewing. Thanks again for them all.

I will try and get some of this down soon and you deserve the credit for useful stuff!

That's great! Which are you considering and reviewing and what has been done?

Wait and see, my database is my own creation so no offence if I don't include anything, its not personal by any means.

Put up a new version, still working on some other small improvements but anyone who downloads it from now will get a fantastic version. I recommend anyone who has not yet started a game go grab this one! If you are getting a little bored with your save and fancy a fresh challenge with the nation or a lower league club then this is also the one to get!

I've just spotted something that looks like a data entry issue. In the Lincolnshirite FA Cup rules, all matches are 1 leg extra time and penalties, except a round with 31 teams added to it, which has a replay. I don't know if it's by design but it looks like a mistake. Also, a neutral stadium for a Quarter Final, isn't that a bit excessive?

For the famous players section, I think I could ask to see if you'd make it a little more accurate. The heights of the some of the players are wrong.

The ones which aren't medium are:

Paul Robinson - tall and possibly a permanent tick.

Nick Barmby - small and surely he's worthy of a twenty and permanent tick.

Loaded up a game with the new database to have a poke around. I doubt Peter Winn will become a Lincs and Humber legend (I support Macclesfield).

Holidayed a little and was appalled to see all Hull's best players leave. I guess it's the nature of the database.

Yup, but they still win everything :)

If you manage them you will probably have to choose who to keep and who to sell. Also then who to buy!

I will review you further suggestions and see what is going on. As for the famous players thing, it was on my list to review the details. Just wanted to get it out there, there is only so much free time I have for editing at the moment.

I selected the rules to try and get teams playing the right amount of games in cups but I can see how that is the wrong way round and I will review all of the cup rules too.

Thanks again for all the suggestions, these will all help this and many future years versions be significantly better.

Thanks again. Also, the Humber Cup looks pretty cool, I would have attached a European place to it because of all the games required to have been played to win it but it's your database, it's a shame that you can't say if the nation was this high up in the coefficients it would then have a cup that wouldn't otherwise have a European place attached.

Thanks again. Also, the Humber Cup looks pretty cool, I would have attached a European place to it because of all the games required to have been played to win it but it's your database, it's a shame that you can't say if the nation was this high up in the coefficients it would then have a cup that wouldn't otherwise have a European place attached.

It is a cup that I love putting in the database, I love playing it and of course winning it. I have got to the final with third tier teams and won it with second tier teams so I don't want to give it a Euro place, I like it just as it is.

I am putting the finishing touches to the next version now and then I will be starting a save with the nation. I am really looking forward to it, probably going to do that tomorrow evening.

It is a cup that I love putting in the database, I love playing it and of course winning it. I have got to the final with third tier teams and won it with second tier teams so I don't want to give it a Euro place, I like it just as it is.

I am putting the finishing touches to the next version now and then I will be starting a save with the nation. I am really looking forward to it, probably going to do that tomorrow evening.

Sounds good and if that happens then no Euro place makes sense.

Sounds good and if that happens then no Euro place makes sense.

I try and encourage others to put a similar format in their work too, I just like the fact its a nice way to showcase the local talent.

I am still working on ways to keep the league reputation up, it now drops low after 5 years then increases to its highest level at 10 years. OK for a long term save but not fantastic, I would like it to drop only a little and return within 5 years. Not there yet but on the way!

I also want to do that but without losing the real players from the nation from the national team, Humber Cup and from the big domestic clubs. Its a hard balancing act but I feel I am nearly there or as close as I can get without going too far.

I try and encourage others to put a similar format in their work too, I just like the fact its a nice way to showcase the local talent.

I am still working on ways to keep the league reputation up, it now drops low after 5 years then increases to its highest level at 10 years. OK for a long term save but not fantastic, I would like it to drop only a little and return within 5 years. Not there yet but on the way!

I also want to do that but without losing the real players from the nation from the national team, Humber Cup and from the big domestic clubs. Its a hard balancing act but I feel I am nearly there or as close as I can get without going too far.

That's good. Are you going to take my advice on replacing the San Marino teams in 2012-13 European Competitions, it could potentially soften the drop, because a key factor in league rep is performances in continental competition. I'd like the big clubs to keep players but to me the Humber Cup is essential to the long term development of the nation due to the fact it gives youngsters game time and the smaller clubs a game or two against a big club at least is a great guaranteed fund raiser for non-top division club.

What things are you changing to try and balance it out, I might know a trick or two that could potentially help. Also, what do you mean by you encourage others to put a similar format in their work, the Humber Cup?

That's good. Are you going to take my advice on replacing the San Marino teams in 2012-13 European Competitions, it could potentially soften the drop. What things are you changing to try and balance it out, I might know a trick or two that could potentially help.

Doing that right now! As for the other adjustments I have followed your suggestions and bumped attendance a little to stop clubs from losing money for 2/3 of the year and either break even or have a little profit each month. It also looks better to have decently filled stadia.

I have extended the "years based in nation" advice you gave for Hull to all the teams I could, spent a good while on this so I think I have got 80/90% of the players. Its not crucial I do all the players but I think I have got all the main ones. I have not done any currently based outside the nation bar some big names, that is far too much work. I think I have done enough on that for now.

Also, what do you mean by you encourage others to put a similar format in their work, the Humber Cup?

I have mentioned it in my video guides and I have included it in any example or starter databases I have created for people. It helps show off the home nation players, gives them some game time and grow youth talents.

• 1 month later...

Archived