tommonufc

article-2085074-0F696B1400000578-61_468x383.jpg

Luke Shaw

Full Name; Luke Daniel Shaw

Born; 12th July 1995

Position; Left Back/Wing Back

Club; Southampton

Value; £1.1M

Availability; You're able to offer him a contract at a compensation fee of around £2.1M at the start of the game, but invariably he'l want to stay put on at Southampton unless you are a big side, with considerable reputation. I signed him this way with Arsenal, so hae no experience of his going rate a few years on once he signs his professional contract with Southampton.

Shaw is an attacking full back who has made rapid progress as a schoolboy with Saints, earning two call ups to the England Under-16s which also saw him feature in the prestigious Montaigu tournament in early 2011.

Luke was scouted by Saints at the age of 8 and he has been with the club ever since.

He can score goals and poses a threat from set pieces, and has been a regular of Jason Dodd's Under-18s side since the age of 15.

Shortly after his 16th birthday, Shaw was part of the first team squad for the first time in a Carling Cup 3rd round tie against Preston North End at St. Mary's during September 2011, he went on to make his first appearance for the senior side later that season as a substitute in an FA Cup fourth round clash at Millwall.

With his good form for the youth team and being a product of the same youth system as Gareth Bale, this led the media labelling Shaw the ‘new Gareth Bale’. He attracted much attention from several Premiership clubs, including Arsenal, Chelsea and Manchester City. On 13 January 2012, Southampton manager, Nigel Adkins, declared that Shaw was not for sale: "Luke Shaw is a big part of our future plans. We have got no intention, believe you me, of letting any of our young players move on; we want them in the first team in the Premier League playing for Southampton Football Club."

Shaw is known to being an attacking left back, because of his pace, dribbling ability, ball control and free-kick taking. He has been described as "technically very gifted" by Sir Trevor Brooking.

Start of the game;

7659762116_9982d34d1b_b.jpg

7659774224_8541e2b399_c.jpg

Nov 2014;

7657738138_d96d4987c4_b.jpg

Currently using him as back up for Kieran Gibbs, has been a regular for my reserve team at Arsenal since singing him at the start of the game. Has played 19 games for the first team; featuring 13(1) times last season (13/14) averaging a healthy 7.45 rating. Hoping he will eventually develop into a top player, has some decent stats at the moment for the Premier League I think. I have had him tutored twice from Thomas Vermaelen which has helped push up some of his mental stats that were lacking, but still worryingly short in some areas mentally.

Often see people sign this guy, but very rarely see him become a mainstay in peoples sides, how has everyone fared with him?? Been meaning to post up a thread on him for a while, so finally got round to it!

I know he has a PA of

The two screenshot were taken from entirely different saves, with the one of him at the start just being a generic save game. So may have a random spread of attributes in each game?

A quick google images search would see that he does seem to be rather a passive character. https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=luke+shaw+fm+2012&hl=en&rlz=1C1DSGK_enGB386&prmd=imvnsofd&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ei=vBEUUMqlAoWc0AWjl4HABQ&ved=0CD4Q_AUoAQ&biw=1280&bih=699

Archived