FM12: Joao Rojas

Joao Rojas

m_rojas_joao_300x300.jpg

Joao Robin Rojas Mendoza (born June 14, 1989) is an Ecuadorian footballer. He currently plays for Morelia of the Liga MX.

Club career

Rojas plays for Monarcas in the Mexican first division. At a young age, he had already played more than 80 games as a professional. He began in Municipal de Cañar as a juvenile for twelve months. The following year, he moved on to Deportivo Quevedo, but was then transferred to Barcelona for a while. In 2007, he moved to Tecnico Universitario where he began his real career. In the 2008 season, he won the award of best juvenile player of the tournament with Tecnico. However, since Tecnico did not qualify for the liguilla final, the club loaned him to River Plate in the Ecuadorian Second Division until January. He has currently been linked with a move to Emelec in the offseason.[1] LDU Quito, El Nacional, and Barcelona have been intersested in him as well but they have been put down because of his $1 million price tag.[2]

On February 10, 2009, Rojas signed a contract with Emelec.

International career

Rojas is considered one of the most promising players in Ecuador, along with Jefferson Montero of Villareal CF. Despite his young age, he was called up to perform at the international level, getting his first cap against Mexico in November 2008. He came on as a substitute in the final minutes of the game. Rojas earned his first senior start the next year in March 2009, in a friendly played against El Salvador.

Rojas have been compared by "El Universo" to Christian Benítez because of his speed, skills, and size. He performed in the U-20 team in Venezuela for the 2009 South American Youth Championship.[3] He scored the two goals in Ecuador's 2-1 win against Peru in the youth championship. Rojas has now been called up for the upcoming South American World Cup Qualifiers and is in contention for a starting line up along side Carlos Tenorio due to a shoulder injury sustained by Christian Benitez.

JoaoRojasOverview_Attributes-4.png

JoaoRojasOverview_Attributes.png

I signed him for a fee of £1.8million (His club seem to accept anywhere around £2million) in the first window, as a poacher in a 4-2-3-1 system he excelled throughout the season assisting and scoring for fun and led us to winning the Ligue 2 title around 5 or 6 games early. Playing as the main man in front of my Treq Barazite they formed an excellent partnership and each received rewards for their work at the end of the season. Rojas earning himself the top goalscorer award, several places in team of the weeks, a place in team of the season and being named as Monaco's player of the season.

Wages with Rojas aren't an issue, he seemed very happy with the £10k or so I offered him and he had no desire to try and force himself on me as the main man, he was quite happy with a rotation role. Rojas doesn't seem to have such an issue with going to smaller clubs, potentially you're probably looking at him being interested in higher end 2nd division sides at the minimum.

As you can see I turned him into a poacher, with intense training throughout the season on finishing he went from being an average striker to a very good poacher in my eyes. There's also be an emphasis on quickness to an extent and for me he has gone from a lower end Ligue 1 player to a higher end Ligue 1 player, so hopefully he can cut it in Ligue 1. You could potentially convert him towards a winger or an attacking midfielder but for me personally it felt like a waste.

So yeah, buy. ;)

it should be said that he has a CA/PA of :

127/144 .. Which means he doesnt have a lot of room to improve, im surprised you managed to get such a good gain on his finishing tbh, well done... good alternative to the usual faces for mid to low table teams i'd say then

Archived