Rented Youth Facilities

I'm managing in Northern Ireland, and I've taken a small club from nowhere to the group stages of the Champions League. My problem is that while I've been able to expand the stadium and improve the training facilities, the youth facilities are stuck.

Facilities - 'no youth facilities'

Board interaction - 'youth facilities are rented'

I'm sure I saw a message once about the youth facilities 'needing long term investment', so does anyone have any experience of the club building your own youth facilities when the current ones are rented?

I'm hoping it is otherwise my youth players will continue to be utterly useless every year (the entire intake is always half a star rated).

I'm sure you're not into it, but I'll just put it out there: FMRTE

You can use it to upgrade the facilities and deduct the cost from your balance.

You're right, I've never used it and I don't intend to. I'm hoping that this is a temporary problem and time will resolve it. I don't mind waiting, as long as I know it will be possible to improve them eventually.

If this is a permanent problem them I might need to think again.

i had minimal (or basic) facilities (rented) . after my board announced they were building a new stadium i asked to improve our youth facilities (stadium when taking 2 years to build and i asked during the 2nd year). stadium finished, couple of months later youth facilities finished.

result: minimal facilities (no more rented)

dafuge, I'm assuming you are talking about FM12? If so, how are you finding the financial situation in Northern Ireland that far into the game? There is an issue with prize money in the All Ireland Cup, with clubs receiving about 100 times as much as they should.

I've no idea what it is in real life, but the winners got about £2m when I started, I think it has risen to nearly £3m now.

Yeah, that's a huge bug. It's already logged and will be fixed in the next patch, irl it's about £50,000. I had a great game going in Northern Ireland until I noticed clubs paying £250,000 for players, and got a £350,000 bid for my 5 star potential youth midfielder. When I checked the team who won the All Ireland Cup the previous year had £5 million in prize money. The record transfer fee in Northern Ireland is £55,000 and that was nearly fifteen years ago, I can't remember the last time I heard of an actual transfer fee being paid.

To put it in perspective, it's probably the equivalent of four English Premier League teams playing a pre season tournament, where the winner gets £1 billion and the rest get half a billion.

Hope I haven't ruined your game, just though I should bring it to your attention.

Yeah, that's a huge bug. It's already logged and will be fixed in the next patch, irl it's about £50,000. I had a great game going in Northern Ireland until I noticed clubs paying £250,000 for players, and got a £350,000 bid for my 5 star potential youth midfielder. When I checked the team who won the All Ireland Cup the previous year had £5 million in prize money. The record transfer fee in Northern Ireland is £55,000 and that was nearly fifteen years ago, I can't remember the last time I heard of an actual transfer fee being paid.

To put it in perspective, it's probably the equivalent of four English Premier League teams playing a pre season tournament, where the winner gets £1 billion and the rest get half a billion.

Hope I haven't ruined your game, just though I should bring it to your attention.

Maybe the rep of the league and cups increased? ;)

Just wondering, are Northern Ireland clubs ever able to offer F/T contracts? I think I heard a while ago that the only professional club Linfield, turned back into a Semi-Pro team and so no longer offer F/T contracts.

Just wondering, are Northern Ireland clubs ever able to offer F/T contracts? I think I heard a while ago that the only professional club Linfield, turned back into a Semi-Pro team and so no longer offer F/T contracts.

Yes, it is possible. I'm in 2020 and there are two professional clubs (Linfield and my club).

Archived