Database Size

I have a question regarding database size. What does this actually apply to? Im using a small database with 10,000 players... im only playing England wiht 6 divisions. Im planning on playing 25 years and then starting a new league. Does the 10,000 player database refer to all the players all over the world? or is it jus referring to the england league or is it referring to 10,000 new regen players that are not real life players that can be developed... the england league alone probably has 5,000 players maybe cuz there are about 140 teams and maybe 30 players on a team.. im guessing the datbase of players is referring to regen players only? meaning fake players that will be added to the teams as I continue throughout my 25 year career in the league...

Please explain in detail cuz im not really sure what the player database is referring to

I think it set it up automatically that way "SMALL DATABASE" it didnt let me choose the database size im guessing because I only chose One country "england" but if i chose many countries it would probably have chosen a larger database, im guessing... so if I play 25 seasons straight through 2036 with this England league for example will this be an issue since im using a small database or should I be ok as far as there being enough players available etc... through 2036? When old players retire will they drop out and not be apart of the 10,000 players so new players can come in?

thats ok.. i mean i also view other games going on sometimes like right now im following the OCE Nations Cup while im playing my ENGLAND league and all the players seem to be there.. those are pretty small nations i would think so it should be ok...

thats ok.. i mean i also view other games going on sometimes like right now im following the OCE Nations Cup while im playing my ENGLAND league and all the players seem to be there.. those are pretty small nations i would think so it should be ok...

i guarantee not all the players are there but most will be from the major teams in the regions

ok... i guess what im getting confused about is even though many players ARE missing... somehow those teams that have missing players are still getting games simulated like under 21's and reverse games because i m seeing the scores for those games pop up all the time... i guess thats what im trying to get at here... if players are missing how can games be played by those squads and the results posted? maybe the player database is only referring to players that you can actually pick up and transfer but in a way all the players are there otherwise the games would not be simulated.. know what i mean? how can i see the scores of these games like under 21s and reserve games if players are missing or not there

if thats the case then the players database would just represent players that would be available to acquire by transfer etc..... because I actually went into a game .. and watched very small countries and under 21 leagues game and you can actually see the game unfold but when i Clicked on the team name after the game was over to see the list of the players on each team only 1 or 2 came up with actual stats for the season.. the rest of the team was greyed out.. so in a way all the players are there just the ones that had stats you can actually transfer for and stuff... the ones greyed out are not transferable ... am i making any sense lol

What WILL happen in the long run with a small database and only England loaded, is that the English teams will become stronger in Europe and eventually dominate all international competitions. Thus, it will make it easier for you to have mega success over 25 years, but at the cost of balance and realism.

Can Someone explain why it is if just load England using a small database and play a long career that England teams will start to dominate international competitions? Won't teams from other countries be picking up new players and good ones as the years go as well?

Can Someone explain why it is if just load England using a small database and play a long career that England teams will start to dominate international competitions? Won't teams from other countries be picking up new players and good ones as the years go as well?

no because the other leagues are not really running! They are just simulating, there will be very little transfers etc so the english teams will have the pick of the players

Ok that makes sense then... so even If i use a LARGE database and just running england only the results will still not be realistic and england will get the pick of the players still just like a small database right? Or will it be any different with just england only and a LARGE database compared to a SMALL one? My goal is to run the most realistic league for the next 25 years... I especially want the international competitions (euro cup and champions cup) to be realistic... I know for sure ill try to run my next league with a large database but based on what I want.. What leagues do you suggest I run upon starting a new game? I know each computer will have its limits and I probably shouldnt be running too many at once but if i want realistic results from the international competitions what are the best leagues to run. I just started following this sport last year during the world cup so im not too familar with what leagues are the top ones and the ones that usually qualify for the european and champions cup

If you are wanting balance, especially for international competitions, I would recommend the following. If you wish to play in England, use England down as far as you wish to manage, top leagues for Spain, Italy, France, Germany, Brazil, Argentina. This should keep things balanced and allow good regens. I would suggest a large database, because the extra players don't make a lot of difference as far as computer speed goes.

If you are wanting balance, especially for international competitions, I would recommend the following. If you wish to play in England, use England down as far as you wish to manage, top leagues for Spain, Italy, France, Germany, Brazil, Argentina. This should keep things balanced and allow good regens. I would suggest a large database, because the extra players don't make a lot of difference as far as computer speed goes.

i would actually use a custom DB. Load all players from major nations, and if you want to stay in englad set all the other leagues to view only, the same teams usually win etc but the games process and they AI gets involved more

Now if I just run England only and play 1 year with a small DB everything should be realistic because there isnt a lot of time for some big time transfers that will have an effect on the first season especially with the international competitions starting early in the season correct?

Now if I just run England only and play 1 year with a small DB everything should be realistic because there isnt a lot of time for some big time transfers that will have an effect on the first season especially with the international competitions starting early in the season correct?

regardless what you do, if you play 1 season nothing will really change anywhere, no matter what DB

Sorry about starting a new thread.. im back in here now

On my question #1

1) Will the countries that are view only be at a disadvantage for picking up transfers compared to the playable league? are the view only leagues just simulating or are they actually playing and doing transfers etc.?

you said no more than usual....... so are you saying yes they will be at a disadvantage?

is a league in "view only" mode the same as not even selecting the league at the beggining of the game basically when talking about transfers... meaning the league is just simulating

Sorry about starting a new thread.. im back in here now

On my question #1

1) Will the countries that are view only be at a disadvantage for picking up transfers compared to the playable league? are the view only leagues just simulating or are they actually playing and doing transfers etc.?

you said no more than usual....... so are you saying yes they will be at a disadvantage?

is a league in "view only" mode the same as not even selecting the league at the beggining of the game basically when talking about transfers... meaning the league is just simulating

no need to apologise, was just for your benefit as that thread will either get closed of merged anyway.

The AI is always at a disadvantage, you will find in long term saves you will usually dominate by a long way as the AI is very poor at building a squad.

No it isnt. If the league isnt selected, it will just simulate, most of the time the higher rep team wins. In view only, the league actually runs, so there can be some teams getting better results in the leage and improving more often. Also as the game 'plays' you can send your loan signing there and they still get 'game time' development.

Honestly if you want a long term save, use a large or a custom DB, then load up the main league you want as playable and if you are worried about speed etc load up a selection of other as view only

thanks thats clears it up for me what ill probably do is just do 1 playable league... then do many as view only... or maybe even all of them.... since you are saying the AI could build better teams in the other leagues in "view only" compared to not even bringing the leagues in at all at the beggining of the game..

Wha is the Advantage of using a customer DB over a Large DB.... is there much of a difference or not

its as it says, custom. It lets you choose what to load. Some people want to load all players from a certain country or region. You can choose to load all players from africa, all players from asia and so on. It just lets you tailor it to you want. I believe it loads the small DB but adds players that you choose. I am not sure it was proven, but some said that if you loaded all african players for example, you would get more african regens and newgens.

Archived