One nation vs Multiple

awepn8.jpg

Introduction:

Possibly the biggest addition of the FMH series is multiple leagues however, with this some people are confused on the benefits of one league against multiple leagues.

One league:

Choosing one league could perhaps be boring if you like to swap teams often however it does reap a lot of benefits. The most obvious is the game is somewhat quicker as it doesn't have to process another three leagues' results every week and also this means less time is spent on loading screens or viewing the results page, however this means most seasons the teams in the other leagues are either the same or similar to the last with little change to the teams.

Though another positive is that there will be more youngsters available in your career and also a lot more players based in your nation who are generally in the lower leagues or the "fringe" players in the top squads.

Multiple nations:

In similar fashion to just one league, multiple nations have some great pros and cons depending on what you want. If you want to swap teams then multiple nations is great as you are not constricted to one country and therefore can vary your career more and keep you interested for longer, however with this it will process slower and take longer to do a season.

Due to the memory issue of more leagues loaded there may be fewer players but also the players will be more evenly spread through the nations, so lower league teams, fringe and younger players may be lacking more than loading just one league.

Conclusion:

Now you have read both choices you now have a choice to make, sometimes if you fancy "touring" or having a longer game then multiple nations may be best but for youngsters you'll have to rely on regens for more of a time than one league. The truth is there is no right answer and you'll have to choose which you like depending on your fancy at that moment or your personal taste and it may be more of an experiment but if you feel like it you can always do different options for different careers.

I think for the moment I'm going to stick with one league at a time. If the additional countries included all the leagues rather than just the top division then I might be more tempted as I like to start unemployed and work my way up. I appreciate that would be a lot more memory intensive though.

Tried multi league on my first game, 3 seasons in I was still in England and didnt see any benefit to the leagues (have to also add on 3gs 4.x there was no noticable performace difference).

I have since gone to English league only, now on the 8th season and loving how you can really focus on Youth (all though the stats are still bugged and for 7 seasons I have had no1 above the age of 26, with an average age of 20 through out the squad my youth policy stat is still 9 o_0)

• 2 weeks later...
  • SI Staff
I have since gone to English league only, now on the 8th season and loving how you can really focus on Youth (all though the stats are still bugged and for 7 seasons I have had no1 above the age of 26, with an average age of 20 through out the squad my youth policy stat is still 9 o_0)

Its not displaying the youth policy correctly - this will be corrected in the update (in QA now, out soon hopefully).

Archived