Spanish complete leagues

Death Ball

I created a database to have Spain full and as close as to reality as it is possible.

As you can read in the description at the link, there are six levels and the system is the closest to reality as it was possible down to level fifth: I activated Tercera División (4th level) and set its promotion/relegation as close as it can be, then I located the preferente divisions working (5th level), filling each group with the authentic teams (nothing more than bringing them to reality and assigning them kits that struck my fancy except when they were B teams or the webpage where I found the info specified it, only stadiums when they were B teams or they were only teams for the city and it had an unassigned stadium).

Sixth level, Divisiones de Honor, is ficticious, as making them real would have been a huge lot of extra work I am not willing to take and, besides, would take way too long for me to do. So what I did is see how many teams the database had left that had not been used in the other divisions and then set up a level with the number of groups that allowed the better combination between number of teams in each group and promotion rules. This level doesn't have relegation as consequence of using all the remaining teams.

Most issues are so I can't do anything about them, though I may start setting the level divisions for each team for a next update of the database (be it previous to patch 11.2 or to be released with the update to that patch).

Since I've uploaded to an official fansite (I think the name is not fansite but you know what I mean), it shouldn't be a problem to post the link there: download. (If it were, my apologies, let me know and I'll upload it to mediafire to link here, when I can, because I got again the problems to post).

P.D. - I sure don't mind, even would love it, if SI used my database as starting point to have the Preferente groups filled with the right teams (so I don't have to make so much work next installment :p lol) if they consider that worthy.

I'm planning on an update to set the groups that each team should be assigned since it seems that would work well enough.

also will be making only EU nationals to be considered so, as in the rules found in the RFEF site it doesn't say russians, turkish and cotonou would be included and I was told how to do it (it was not where I expected).

Estimated time to completion: two weeks.

@Xtreme, thanks, I will look into it. Sounds like I assigned them the A team's stadium instead of lookin what's the B's one. So I will have a look at that and the B team and modify it accordingly.

Btw, I expect to finish the update in two week tops (more like a week and a half).

@glowny & bobatwal: Thansk for the info both. I haven't touch the U19, good glowny confirms there is.

My deduction from seeing the editor is that the groups are generated automatically somehow, so since I created like 360 teams (assuming an average of 10 per group), new groups pop out for them.

Highly unlikely, Copa del Rey is like the leagues that come with the game: uneditable. That means I would have to remake it and disable the standard, then I would have to make the Europe League take the representant from the winner of the new competition and, for what I saw when I attempted to create an international cup, would very likely to mean a lot of trouble.

I will try to give it a small look, since you ask, though, and if I see that that part about the european thing and disabling the Copa del Rey are not a hassle to do, then I may well include that. But as I said, I don't expect it.

After seeing the Copa del Rey qualification rules from the RFEF, they are the right ones so the addition of the new leagues don't make a need to change it.

All BBVA, all Adelante, five top of each group plus two for 2ªB and the 3ª group champions, which afaik is how it seems to work in FM (from 2010 as I've not yet completed a season in 2011).

Great file :thup:

Some points though I notice that in your data base.

1. The "c" clubs are not linked to their parent clubs, so there is no way to move players too and from - according to affiliated clubs that is. There are no rules set up for free movement of players between C and B clubs(Madrid, Atletico, Sevilla etc.)

2. In the Regional League of Castile & Leon there is CD Salamantino but also a Salamanca "B". Salamantino are the B team of Salamanca. While Salamanca B don't exist as far as I can see - nor are they linked with any club in your database.

Also, if you allow, is it ok with you for me to use your databse for my own (going to add players, managers etc) once I get the editor to work (full credit will be given to you though?)

Thanks for the info.

Yeah, I think I made them affiliated to the A and forgot to do the same with the B. Except, I think, with one exception (that I don't remember what).

(Btw, looking at the page of the Castilla y León federation, I've seen indeed Salmantino doesn't exist and it's Salamanca B, which I forgot to set, or I set Salmantino and that removed the Salamanca B. There was also another team that doesn't belong to either Castilla y León groups, moved to Honor 5.).

Will be making the bug fix this evening.

Yes, you got permission to work on it.

Loaded a new game now that the 11.2 patch is out.

In my steam version the database is compatible with the 11.2, so the same file and link is valid for 11.2 users.

Opening the editor and looking around, I've not seen new teams that could be added to the Honor sides, or to replace the created ones being the original, hence no database update is needed.

• 2 months later...

Well, this is as realistic as it can be made. Bloody Well done mate :thup:

And about level 6, It isnt present at all of the Regions have 6th tier so it isnt that bad...

And again, Bloody Well done mate :thup::)

I was about to do this, and i found this post... wow brilliant!

I'm going to do the same with the Portuguese divisions (take them as far as you did) and make an Iberian Cup with 3 levels (A, B and C). Do you mind if I use your database to edit it?

here is the link with tha plans for Copa Iberica, if you're interested: http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/256176-COPA-IBERICA-(Spanish-and-Portuguese-fantasy-Cup)

cheers!

Archived