FM11: Bakary Kone (not the usual one)... cheap as chips, but mean as mustard?

tmason122

Bakary Koné is a 22 year old Burkinabe (Burkino Faso) footballer and currently plays French Ligue 2 team En Avant Guingamp.

From a quick search on wikipedia it becomes apparent that he's not a well known footballer, previous playing for youthside CFTPK Abidjan until 2004. Then followed a switch to Etoile Filante. He must have played well there becasue in 2006 his current club came calling and he has worked his way up from the reserves team to a key member of the first team. Up to present he has 11 caps for his national side.

In FM2011 he looks like a CB with good ability and decent potential (though I don't know his CA or PA) at a bargain price!

bakarykone.jpg

Technically his tackling ain't perfect, but it isn't dire either and he has the key heading and marking attributes. Mentally he looks a well rounded CD with all the right attributes in the right place and physically he looks good, though I admit his acceleration and agility let him down a little. Argueably the best thing about him is his valuation of only £100,000, making him in my eyes a potential bargain. My scouts (at FC Utrecht) say he should be available for around £400k. Wages, as you would expect, are minimal.

He doesn't need a work permit for me in the Erdevise, but I'm not to sure about England.

Anyway, I'm definately going to make a swoop for him in the next transfer window, can see him being a key player for my side :)

EDIT: Pretty sure he would go to championship clubs, maybe even lower?

• 2 months later...

Archived