FM2011 - Switzerland/Liechtenstein - Level 5 (plus Data Update and Media file)

bonsai

Hi,

UPDATE 18.12.2010 for 11.2 See this post in this thread: http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/234893-FM2011-Switzerland-Liechtenstein-Level-5-(plus-Data-Update-and-Media-file)?p=6283178&viewfull=1#post6283178

For all friends of Swiss football or for whoever wants to start a game in Switzerland with a Swiss or Liechtensteiner team I recommend these files:

1) Editor File that represents the top 5 level in Switzerland. Down to 2. Liga Regional

2) Small Data Update for Swiss teams and players

3) Swiss Media file

Additional Leagues

1. Liga (3 Groups)

2. Liga Interregional (6 Groups)

2. Liga Regional (17 Groups)

Additional/Changed Cups

- Swiss Cup (all Swiss teams participate, except U21 and second Teams and -of course- Liechtensteiner teams)

- Liechtenstein Cup

- Interregio Amateur Cup (for all 2. Interregio Teams)-

- Regional Cup (for all 2. Regional Teams)

- U21 Ice Cup (Wintercup for 12 U21 Teams)

- Interegio Winter Cup (Wintercup for all 2. Interregio Teams)

- Regio Winter Cup (divided into 3 groups, forTeams of the 2. Liga Regional)

Features

- All leagues are divided correctly into regions, also after several saisons

- Swiss Cup not with real qualification modus, but all teams participate and have a chance to make an effort ;) Cup with complete history and correct price money

- Liechtenstein Cup with complete history of all finals since 1946

- Kit colours for all teams. Not necessarily real colours, but at least not most of the teams have just blue-white

- Tested in Holiday-Modus for several years, tested in "Playing Modues" for about two years

- Alternative Version: All teams up to 1. Liga are Semi-Professionel instead of Amateur/Semi-Professionel. I created this version as it might be more interesting and motivating when playing in the lowest leagues, as players with Amateur-Contracts can change anytime in the game. But this version is not fully tested and might have some side-effects, especially in the finance area.

Possible Issues/Drawbacks

- Swiss Cup: Modus is not 100% correct. Example: In reality teams from a lower divison play at home until 3. round. Also teams from Super League in reality do not play against each other until 3. round. This was not possible to implement with the Editor

- Liechtenstein Cup: Winner does NOT qualify for Euro League! Liechtenstein EL participant is the one with highest rep (I assume so, as this was the case in FM2010)

- Promotion-Playoff in 1. Liga is not 100% correct. Promotion League instead of playoffs

- (More or less) Random colors for many teams. Might be a bit colorful...

- Random stadium names for many teams in level 5 (but stadium needs to be existent for correct implementation of the regional divisons

- Real player/staff only for Super League and Challenge League and for about 30% of the 1. Liga teams

- Playing a season in the 2. Liga Regional might be a bit boring as there are groups with only 12 to 14 teams. Therefore I created the additional cups.

Downloads

New League Structure - 5 Levels v1.0

New League Structure - 5 Levels v1.0 - Alternative Version with no Amateur teams

Swiss Data Update

Swiss Media File

Excellent work, started trying to do level 5 myself after I had to level 4 for FM10, but too many teams (and stadiums, co-ordinates etc) to create.

I notice you had to make several cities and stadiums for this to work, as well as the teams.

Can I ask why (as you're Swiss Co-Head Researcher) that these aren't in the game to begin with? (and any chance they'd be included in the next patch?)

Possible Issues/Drawbacks

- (1) Swiss Cup: Modus is not 100% correct. Example: In reality teams from a lower divison play at home until 3. round. Also teams from Super League in reality do not play against each other until 3. round. This was not possible to implement with the Editor

- (2) Liechtenstein Cup: Winner does NOT qualify for Euro League! Liechtenstein EL participant is the one with highest rep (I assume so, as this was the case in FM2010)

- (3) Promotion-Playoff in 1. Liga is not 100% correct. Promotion League instead of playoffs

- (4) (More or less) Random colors for many teams. Might be a bit colorful...

- (4) Random stadium names for many teams in level 5 (but stadium needs to be existent for correct implementation of the regional divisons

- Real player/staff only for Super League and Challenge League and for about 30% of the 1. Liga teams

- Playing a season in the 2. Liga Regional might be a bit boring as there are groups with only 12 to 14 teams. (5) Therefore I created the additional cups

-(1) As each club is selected individually, rather than by league, won't you get the same clubs entering in each round each season regardless of promotions/relegations? (could cause fixture congestion in future years) I guess unavoidable due to the need to exclude Liechtensteiner and reserve teams...

-(2) Liechtenstein Cup-needs to be set as a Liechtenstein Competition rather than a Swiss one for Euro League qualification to work- (but then get the problem that a Liechtenstein League needs to be created as well as a cup for it to work (though someone else managed to do just the cup last year with the advanced panel))

-(3) 1.Liga Promotion-Playoff- I had same problem with playoffs, might be possible with advanced editor

-(4) Correct stadium names and colours can be found here http://www.football.ch/sfl/de/start.aspx

-(5) Which Cups are fantasy? I noticed there are some real-life cups for the lower leagues from the above website, but as I can't read German I can't tell what they are (look like qualification rounds for the Swiss Cup perhaps?)

I might use your file as a basis to get an even more real life version if you're okay with that, and I get the time to work out the advanced panel...

-(5) Which Cups are fantasy? I noticed there are some real-life cups for the lower leagues from the above website, but as I can't read German I can't tell what they are (look like qualification rounds for the Swiss Cup perhaps?)

There is only the Swisscom Cup (Main cup) and some regional cups in Switzerland. The qualification rounds for the Swisscom Cup are regionalised and each level have their own qualification (1. Liga, 2. Liga Inter, 2. Liga Regional, 3. Liga). I don't know if that kind of qualification is possible to set when using the Advanced Panel.

The real stadium names are easy to find when using the official FA site www.football.ch

Or you can load my SwissAlternate file in the FM2010 editor, as I did set all original stadium names.

Great work, I love to play Swiss leagues.

Is it possible to merge xml containing leagues and xml containing data updates? I'd like to manage and eventually update an unique file.

It should be possible, I guess.

Excellent work, started trying to do level 5 myself after I had to level 4 for FM10, but too many teams (and stadiums, co-ordinates etc) to create.

I notice you had to make several cities and stadiums for this to work, as well as the teams.

Can I ask why (as you're Swiss Co-Head Researcher) that these aren't in the game to begin with? (and any chance they'd be included in the next patch?)

Because I am stupid? ;) Only after I finished my research work I decided to create this file. Of course it would have been easier for me create all this data in the DB already, you are right. But with the next update, all cities and clubs will be in the FM DB as well. Without stadium names, colors and correct division tough (concering the teams of 2. Liga Regional (5th level). We researchers should actually not go deeper than one level below the one that is playable with the original game. But already last year I nevertheless decided to create the 2. Liga Interregional in the DB and create and assign all teams correctly to it. So that you guys are able to easily enable this level as well with the editor. On the 3th and 4nd level all stadium names should be correct, but I didnt bother to create 200+ stadiums and club colors as for my purpose this can be neglected. But as we need stadiums for the correct regional settings and as I anyway created clubs and cities not directly with the editor but rather editing the XMl files, I used a random approach. At least I checked the language for the stadium names. I would know where to get correct team colors and stadium data.....;)

-(1) As each club is selected individually, rather than by league, won't you get the same clubs entering in each round each season regardless of promotions/relegations? (could cause fixture congestion in future years) I guess unavoidable due to the need to exclude Liechtensteiner and reserve teams...

-(2) Liechtenstein Cup-needs to be set as a Liechtenstein Competition rather than a Swiss one for Euro League qualification to work- (but then get the problem that a Liechtenstein League needs to be created as well as a cup for it to work (though someone else managed to do just the cup last year with the advanced panel))

-(3) 1.Liga Promotion-Playoff- I had same problem with playoffs, might be possible with advanced editor

-(4) Correct stadium names and colours can be found here http://www.football.ch/sfl/de/start.aspx

I might use your file as a basis to get an even more real life version if you're okay with that, and I get the time to work out the advanced panel...

1) No, Because ALL swiss teams are selected - and only swiss teams and first team (using get_specific_team option). You won't have new clubs that should be joining the cup. And there is no real qualifications, but only seeding based on league repuation

2) I looked into that last year and somehow was not able to get this to work to my satisfaction. Of course, if you can find a solution, I am more than willing to listen. ;) Problem here could be that the Liechtensteiner clubs have to be set as Swiss teams, in order to have playing properly in the Swiss leagues. According to SI at least. I had more than one discussion about that. But priority is obviously not so high for this 7 teams....

3) Real playoff would be: Quarterfinal - Semifinals.(2 legs both) Winners from Semis get promoted. How do we get from 3 groups the 8 teams for the Quarterfinal? With the feature to define number of promoted teams per subdivision maybe. But it would still not be 100% correct. Therefore I decided to have promotion league of 6, first 2 get promoted. Satisfying enough for me.

4) Explained above

5) All except Swiss Cup (and Liechtenstein Cup to a certain extent). I created all the other cups mainly to fill in the gaps in the winter break and to have some more games (and to test a bit the editor ;))

Happy you take interest in my file. And if you can make anything more realistic with the Advanced Panel, please let me know. But I think apart from the Qualificaiton for the Swiss Cup and the Liechtensteiner Cup it is as realistic as possible already.

how does the Liectenstein cup format work ?

In reality? Quite complicated ;)

http://www.lfv.li/liechtensteiner-cup/fl1-aktiv-cup/spielplan-201011.html?cfc_league_fe[round]=1&cHash=a87ddd0874

In Liechtenstein there are only 7 teams in reality. In the cup ALL teams that play actively do participate in the cup. Even Second, Third or even 4th teams of a these clubs. But the best teams like Vaduz or Eschen/Mauren only enter late in the competition. And the winner would qualify for Europe.

As this is nearly impossible to implement in FM, I decided to with this format:

Participants: All 7 teams + plus their second teams -> 14 Teams

2XGroups of 7

-> Best 2 of each group -> Semifinals -> Final

And unfortunately I didnt manage to make the Europe qualification for the winner to work. So it is more sort of a friendly cup.

@Bonsai

Thanks for your reply (and thanks for including the 3rd and 4th level last year, that definitely made it easier for me to edit and subsequently enjoy my one long-term save with Eschen Mauren/Liechtenstein on FM10 :thup: ).

Glad to see the changes will be in the next update

Ah, so you know correct stadium (including capacity) and team colours is on the swiss football league website. But quite a laborious job, as each team needs to be clicked on individually to get the information.

I can help with this (gather the info into an Excel or Notepad file for example), if you want it for the next update?

2) I looked into that last year and somehow was not able to get this to work to my satisfaction. Of course, if you can find a solution, I am more than willing to listen. Problem here could be that the Liechtensteiner clubs have to be set as Swiss teams, in order to have playing properly in the Swiss leagues. According to SI at least. I had more than one discussion about that. But priority is obviously not so high for this 7 teams....

My solution last year was to create the Swiss youth league within the Liechtenstein Competition rules- this then allowed me to have a proper cup underneath this with Euro qualification working perfectly.

(As I said, somebody else managed to get a Liechtensteiner Cup working without even having a league running, but that was with the advanced panel which I am not familiar with -yet anyway).

I did however leave all Liechtenstein teams as Liechtensteiner, which had the minor annoyance of the Liechtenstein teams/players/managers never being considered for monthly/yearly Swiss league awards.

With the Liechtensteiner teams now set as Swiss, awards should be fixed, but I'm not sure if Euro qualification will still work. I will have a play later in the week and let you know the results.

3) Real playoff would be: Quarterfinal - Semifinals.(2 legs both) Winners from Semis get promoted. How do we get from 3 groups the 8 teams for the Quarterfinal? With the feature to define number of promoted teams per subdivision maybe. But it would still not be 100% correct. Therefore I decided to have promotion league of 6, first 2 get promoted. Satisfying enough for me.

Agreed, this was exactly the compromise I reached last year. Perhaps with the advanced editor there is the choice to select the top 2 from each of the 3 groups plus the best 2 runners up? But also further complicated if U21 teams finish in the top 2! (After looking on the Swiss league website, I couldn't work out what the real life criteria is for choosing the 8 teams to be honest...)

In Liechtenstein there are only 7 teams in reality. In the cup ALL teams that play actively do participate in the cup. Even Second, Third or even 4th teams of a these clubs. But the best teams like Vaduz or Eschen/Mauren only enter late in the competition. And the winner would qualify for Europe.

As this is nearly impossible to implement in FM, I decided to with this format:

Disagree here, it was actually pretty easy to create the correct format on FM10, even without using the advanced editor.

Just need to create the right number of 2nd and 3rd teams (for Vaduz's 4th team, created a seperate club for Vaduz Portuguese and then set them as a C team) and list the best teams at the end, which ensures they always get a bye to the last rounds. And set as a Liechtenstein competition for europe to work obviously...

I did just make a check of the file and found a lot of small errors:

Some 2. Liga Regional clubs are set as semi-pro

The reputation gap between 2. Liga regional clubs is way to high (500 - 1000 - The game boost the reputation of promoted non league clubs to +-1000, which make them all stronger than most of the existing 2.LR clubs)

Carouge has training set to -38

In general 90% of all clubs have training set to 0 or 1 which is not very realistic and will have a negative side effect on player development

Liesthal has set Langenthal as city

Some cities don't have a local region set

Fribourg has wrong inhabitans range (it is not as big as Zürich)

All 2. Liga Regional competitions are not set to Europe (which makes them disappear when browsing trough the leagues)

A lot of clubs don't have a max/min attendance, the game will generate random figures (which will be a lot higher than realistic)

All other amateur clubs have 200/75/350 attendance set, which makes the game boring and does not reflect that there are significant difference in attendance in reality.

All stadiums have a pitch condition of 200, which is complete unrealistic, as lower leagues clubs have usually pitch conditions below 150.

In my experience (and I made a Swiss file with more than 700 clubs added) all those details have to be checked and fixed if you want a file for long term playability.

By the way, thanks for the media file, did use that with my new save. Did not know that the WoZ does cover lower league football, but in general it adds some Swissness.

I did just make a check of the file and found a lot of small errors:

Some 2. Liga Regional clubs are set as semi-pro

Yes, this something to be fixed. when playing with the versio of the file that has Amateur-clubs, in 2. Liga Regional and even 2. Interregio, there should not be any semi-prof clubs. But I dont think there are that many.

The reputation gap between 2. Liga regional clubs is way to high (500 - 1000 - The game boost the reputation of promoted non league clubs to +-1000, which make them all stronger than most of the existing 2.LR clubs)

I set the rep of the new clubs for the 2. Regional randomly between 500 and 1250 if I remember correctly. How do you know that the promoted clubs get a rep of +-1000? If this is the case, I may have to increase the reps a bit. Even if this really not following my (internal) guidelines for swiss clubs.

In general 90% of all clubs have training set to 0 or 1 which is not very realistic and will have a negative side effect on player development

Well, that can be increased by the manager. And for computer clubs - well, I dont think so many 16 year old boys are still playing in the youth of a 2. Liga Regional club if they are talented. There are always exceptions of course, but usually the talented boys are already moving to bigger clubs youth teams when they are 14 or 15 or even earlier. Therefore I dont think this is a major issue. (Why Carouge has a minus value there I need to check of course)

Liesthal has set Langenthal as city

Some cities don't have a local region set

Fribourg has wrong inhabitans range (it is not as big as Zürich)

Thanks for these hints. Some of these things I already corrected. (Not in the file to download tough) And actualy I dont really know if the region has an effect on enything in the game.

All 2. Liga Regional competitions are not set to Europe (which makes them disappear when browsing trough the leagues)

Didnt know that this is necessary. I only played in Switzerland so far, and I could browse through it without problems. But it is easy to fix.

A lot of clubs don't have a max/min attendance, the game will generate random figures (which will be a lot higher than realistic)

All other amateur clubs have 75/350 attendance set, which makes the game boring and does not reflect that there are significant difference in attendance in reality.

Can you give me examples where we have eccessive high numbers of attendance? I checked these numbers during my long-term-save-tests and I didnt notice something very! unusual. Except that some U21 teams are too high. And to be honest: All clubs below Challenge League have something between 100 and 500 in reality. I am watching games in the regional divisions quite often. Sometimes you have 20 people standing there, sometimes 400 if it is a very interesting game (derby). How can you set realistic numbers here? And does it really matter? Clubs in lower leagues do not generate money with that. How did you handle that in your file?

In my experience (and I made a Swiss file with more than 700 clubs added) all those details have to be checked and fixed if you want a file for long term playability.

Thanks for these commens anyway, Kubi! I will fix a couple of these things you mentioned. But some of that I really just dont care about myself ;) So for now, I most probably wont go and set the stadium, color names, attendance etc for 200+ clubs individually. As I personally think this is not soooo important for long-term fun...

Income has an influence in the game, even in amateur football, as you can use the money to improve the training ground and doing something for your youth setup. Maybe you should just increase the attendance for some clubs that are known for their bigger attendance like Kosova?

I started last year with a similar approach, but after playing 5 or 10 seasons I have seen that all the little details makes such a file a lot better. The in-game mechanism uses all the figures you set and the more and the different they are the more can you tell the clubs and the stadiums. Just set the pitch condition for some clubs to 80 instead of 200. You will see that it will look much more realistic than with a perfect Wembley green.

I started from scratch this year and I will most probably not release my file to the public, as I make the perfect Swiss league - for me. It's not a realistic one, but one that produces the most realistic game experience I ever had in FM. And that includes that no club is like the other, all figures are different and when I get a new job, there is a new environment.

@Bonsai

Thanks for your reply (and thanks for including the 3rd and 4th level last year, that definitely made it easier for me to edit and subsequently enjoy my one long-term save with Eschen Mauren/Liechtenstein on FM10 :thup: ).

Only 4th level, 3rd was already there ;) And of course, I also set the correct divisions for clubs on the 4th level also this year - and included the new Gr 6 of the 2. Liga Interregio. So anyone should be able to be enable that again. And every research period I try to add some details to more lower league clubs, as stadiums and colors (and attendance maybe ;)), but it takes time and has low priority in my research duties.

Glad to see the changes will be in the next update

Ah, so you know correct stadium (including capacity) and team colours is on the swiss football league website. But quite a laborious job, as each team needs to be clicked on individually to get the information.

I can help with this (gather the info into an Excel or Notepad file for example), if you want it for the next update?

I am up for any help you can offer! Maybe we can discuss via PM how we could do that if you are really interested.

My solution last year was to create the Swiss youth league within the Liechtenstein Competition rules- this then allowed me to have a proper cup underneath this with Euro qualification working perfectly.

(As I said, somebody else managed to get a Liechtensteiner Cup working without even having a league running, but that was with the advanced panel which I am not familiar with -yet anyway).

I did however leave all Liechtenstein teams as Liechtensteiner, which had the minor annoyance of the Liechtenstein teams/players/managers never being considered for monthly/yearly Swiss league awards.

With the Liechtensteiner teams now set as Swiss, awards should be fixed, but I'm not sure if Euro qualification will still work. I will have a play later in the week and let you know the results.

Yes, I remember that thread. I looked into it and tried to understand the advaned panel myself. But somehow I never came to a satisfying solution, but I have to admit, that I also didnt have too much time to look into it.

Agreed, this was exactly the compromise I reached last year. Perhaps with the advanced editor there is the choice to select the top 2 from each of the 3 groups plus the best 2 runners up? But also further complicated if U21 teams finish in the top 2! (After looking on the Swiss league website, I couldn't work out what the real life criteria is for choosing the 8 teams to be honest...)

Yeah, in real-life the two top teams of each group + the two best third placed. Excluding U21-Teams of course.

Disagree here, it was actually pretty easy to create the correct format on FM10, even without using the advanced editor.

Just need to create the right number of 2nd and 3rd teams (for Vaduz's 4th team, created a seperate club for Vaduz Portuguese and then set them as a C team) and list the best teams at the end, which ensures they always get a bye to the last rounds. And set as a Liechtenstein competition for europe to work obviously...

Ok, you are right. But I didnt bother to setup third and 4ths teams for these clubs, as I dont think it really brings something to the gameplay fun. Especially considering the fact that I never managed to get the Euro-Qualification for the winner.

Income has an influence in the game, even in amateur football, as you can use the money to improve the training ground and doing something for your youth setup. Maybe you should just increase the attendance for some clubs that are known for their bigger attendance like Kosova?

I started last year with a similar approach, but after playing 5 or 10 seasons I have seen that all the little details makes such a file a lot better. The in-game mechanism uses all the figures you set and the more and the different they are the more can you tell the clubs and the stadiums. Just set the pitch condition for some clubs to 80 instead of 200. You will see that it will look much more realistic than with a perfect Wembley green.

I started from scratch this year and I will most probably not release my file to the public, as I made the perfect Swiss league - for me. It's not a realistic one, but one that produces the most realistic game experience I ever had in FM. And that includes that no club is like the other, all figures are different and when I get a new job, there is a new environment.

I completely agree that every little detail makes the game a bit more interesting. And I know that you spent a lot of time for your file in FM2010 and apparently also now for a new file and therefore I am happry for any hints and tipps you can give me. But somehow in your previous post you implied that if you want to have a long-term game this file is not good enough...It is not perfect, I plan to improve it bit by bit, but still I enjoyed my games (or rather tests...) so far in the Swiss Lower Leagues.

For this first version I had to go with some compromises, of course. Focusing mainly on the regional divisons, because I think it is more important that Kosova Zürich is not playing suddenly in the 2. Liga Regional League of Geneva after the first season rather than making sure they have an average attendance of 300 instead of 150. (actually I have no idea how many people watch their games ;)) I tried to have some randomness by having the club reps not all the same, also the size of the stadiums (there I put some random number between 500 and 3000) and of course the colors.

But as I said, your input is always more than welcomed and the hint with pitch condition for example is good one.

Do you know: Are there -other than Kosova- some other other lower league clubs with especially high attendance (of course, put in relation...)?

Okay another hint for club colors. You set some clubs with a light yellow and white, you need sunglasses to read the clubs name. :)

What I did with colours is to setup a game and than browsing through all divisions from club to club on the information tab. That way you will find all clubs with difficult colors and all clubs that has no home-team kits.

My experience with longterm playability is that everything looks fine until there is a club promoted to your divisions that comes from another part of Switzerland or has the wrong city or stadium assigned or players with Italian names instead of French etc.

Small errors are no problem when they happen far from you, but when they are part of the new club you just manage it can spoil your game.

Kosova is exceptional and has 300 to 600 attendance. I used some figures from local papers I gathered. Most lower league games have 80 to 150 attendance but if you set the max attendance to low it could make a big cup event to a 300 people party.

Okay another hint for club colors. You set some clubs with a light yellow and white, you need sunglasses to read the clubs name. :)

What I did with colours is to setup a game and than browsing through all divisions from club to club on the information tab. That way you will find all clubs with difficult colors and all clubs that has no home-team kits.

Well, The colors I set were not completely random. I choose about 16 different two-color combinations and assigned this to the clubs. I admit the decision using the yellow-white combination was probably not a very wise one....and I used the entire range of available the kit styles, probably better change that as well to more "traditional" ones....

Btw: Thanks for all your help and input at an earlier stage regarding the additional names. In my opionion it looks pretty good now. What is your impression when you are using your 700 teams file? Still need to add more names for more variety?

Btw: Thanks for all your help and input at an earlier stage regarding the additional names. In my opionion it looks pretty good now. What is your impression when you are using your 700 teams file? Still need to add more names for more variety?

This is one of the biggest improvements in the Swiss league. It did cut down the "usage" of names to a maximum of about 140 in my game. That makes every Swiss game a lot more realistic as it adds new player names season after season. But I still think that an additional 500 or 1000 would make it even better. The point is that with more names you will have even in season 10 youth players with names not or just rarely used before. In long term games a big plus.

If you could extract all names that are in the db now and make it available I could gather new names for the next data update.

Where do you see that? In the DB they have a value of 9. And I didnt change this club with my file. But I also checked in the Editor and there we have 9 as well. How do you get this -38?

By the way, thanks for the media file, did use that with my new save. Did not know that the WoZ does cover lower league football, but in general it adds some Swissness.

Well, WoZ has some background stories sometimes, e.g. about cool clubs like FC Winterthur ;) or scandalous financial behavior like in St. Gallen....

But yes, mainly added it to have more "Swissness"...I created the file already 2 years ago. Updated it a bit this year. Far away from perfect or complete, but I think it still adds something to the game.

Kosova is exceptional and has 300 to 600 attendance. I used some figures from local papers I gathered. Most lower league games have 80 to 150 attendance but if you set the max attendance to low it could make a big cup event to a 300 people party.

The missing "Cup-Parties" is rather a problem with the game than the data. Maximum Average Attendance is not the max amount a club can get for one single game. But it is season average in the most positive scenario (club exceeding expectation, fighting for promotion, etc). So for example: Phoenix Seen (my club...) had a cup game against FC Zürich 3 years ago: 3300 people attending. But I cannot set now the max att to 3500 as this is not correct...the club is now second in the 2. Liga Regional and fighting for a spot in the Interregio, but still there are only around 150 people per game. In my opinion the game should calculate these exceptional cases, and add some of these "highlights".

If you could extract all names that are in the db now and make it available I could gather new names for the next data update.

Will do that in the next few days.

Did you run a script to add clubs? Just curious, because there are about 700 empty new records in that file.

For some parts I used a script to generate the XML structures, yes. Mainly for adding random colors and stadiums. Can you give me an example of an empty record? In a very early stage I had few issues where the editor validation idenfitied some false records, but after I ironed that out, it never showed me any errors anymore.

You mentioned that you had to create stadiums for the regionalization to work, which I understand because that's what we all had to do in FM10. I noticed that in FM11 the clubs now have a field for city, which I don't think was there before. Have you experimented with that and whether or not the city makes a difference in regionalization or if its still based solely on the city of their stadium?

You mentioned that you had to create stadiums for the regionalization to work, which I understand because that's what we all had to do in FM10. I noticed that in FM11 the clubs now have a field for city, which I don't think was there before. Have you experimented with that and whether or not the city makes a difference in regionalization or if its still based solely on the city of their stadium?

The city tab in clubs has another purpose ( or an additional one)

When you have two clubs from two cities sharing a stadium in FM2010, all newgens for both clubs where born in the city the stadium was located. Now the newgens are generated based on the city of the club, which makes it possible to have newgens from a city even when the stadium is located in another city.

Just use for the clubs the filter "number of changes" and set "at least 1" and you will see a total of 1120 clubs, 700 of the records empty.

Hmm, I "only" saw 84 empty records. And after deleting I have 416 clubs (with at least 1 change). Dont know exactly where that comes from, but it shouldnt be a problem in the game, as this "clubs" have been marked as extinct. Nevertheless, I removed these records of course.

Have you experimented with that and whether or not the city makes a difference in regionalization or if its still based solely on the city of their stadium?

As KUBI already said: Regionalization is still based on the stadium. Even tough for the "initial load" of the club city field (for the exsiting ones) the city of the attached stadium has been used.

As KUBI already said: Regionalization is still based on the stadium. Even tough for the "initial load" of the club city field (for the exsiting ones) the city of the attached stadium has been used.

Ok, thanks for the info. I find it odd that they wouldn't use the city for this purpose as well now that they have it in the db. Using the stadium always seemed like a backwards way to me, but I'm sure they have their reasons.

Yes, I remember that thread. I looked into it and tried to understand the advaned panel myself. But somehow I never came to a satisfying solution, but I have to admit, that I also didnt have too much time to look into it.

Just ran a season on holiday mode, with a very basic liechtenstein cup set up in liechtenstein nation, and can confirm that euro qualification is working as before (Eschen Mauren won the cup, and they entered into europe despite Vaduz finishing in a higher league position)

Just ran a season on holiday mode, with a very basic liechtenstein cup set up in liechtenstein nation, and can confirm that euro qualification is working as before (Eschen Mauren won the cup, and they entered into europe despite Vaduz finishing in a higher league position)

Did you also create a seperate Liechtenstein League, where Vaduz, Eschen/Mauren & Co are playing?

You can add home team advantage for lower league clubs in the Swiss Cup by editing the xml file manually.

add this line in a xml editor to all cup rounds that should use that rule:

<string id="draw_rules" value="lower_division_team_at_home"/>

Is this 100% correct? or are there a lot of errors in this database? :D If im only gonna play in the top division is this then worth downloading? :D

and wich one shall i download the first or the second one? :D which one is the correct one?

The top division in this file is the same as in the default database.

The top division in this file is the same as in the default database.

What about the cup? isn´t that changed, i think i am taking down to 3.division. so wich one shall i download the first or the second one?

And do you know if there will be any updates in the next couple of days? cause then im gonna wait :D

but basiclly its better downloading this file, than don´t?

If you really are interested to see a cup with 90% of clubs with grey players, it's up to you.

Such a file does only make sense, when you load all leagues, or at least 4 out of 5 tiers.

Okay im gonna download it, but which one should i download? there are two up there, the first one or the second one? :D

This - New League Structure - 5 Levels v1.0

or the other one - New League Structure - 5 Levels v1.0 - Alternative Version with no Amateur teams

The advantage even if you only play in the Swiss top divisions is that also U21/Reserve teams do play in a real league. There should not be big errors in this file, some details on lower levels might be missing as KUBI pointed out before in this thread. There will be an update, but probably only after patch 2 is released (no release date set yet by SI)

If you plan to play only in the swiss top divisions anyway, I recommend to download the first one:

The advantage even if you only play in the Swiss top divisions is that also U21/Reserve teams do play in a real league. There should not be big errors in this file, some details on lower levels might be missing as KUBI pointed out before in this thread. There will be an update, but probably only after patch 2 is released (no release date set yet by SI)

If you plan to play only in the swiss top divisions anyway, I recommend to download the first one:

Okay what is different from the other one?

im gonna take to tier 3 maybe 4 don´t know yet :D so still this one - New League Structure - 5 Levels v1.0

Okay what is different from the other one?

im gonna take to tier 3 maybe 4 don´t know yet :D so still this one - New League Structure - 5 Levels v1.0

The only difference between these files is that the second one is an alternative version where all clubs are semi-professional or professional, but no amateur teams. So yes, go for the first file.

You can add home team advantage for lower league clubs in the Swiss Cup by editing the xml file manually.

add this line in a xml editor to all cup rounds that should use that rule:

<string id="draw_rules" value="lower_division_team_at_home"/>

You should consider to add this for the next version. I did it with my Swiss Cup and it works.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

The files have been changed to work with the 11.2 database. I re-created them from scratch, but the main features remain the same.

Changes

- Seperate file for Liechtenstein. 100% correct Liechtenstein Cup. Winner qualifies for Euro League (But Liechtenstein clubs are still playing in the Swiss league structure)

- Correct Swiss U18-Championship/Cup + 2 fictional U18 leagues below (so that more clubs have an U18 team participating in a "real" league )

- Correct stadion data for all Swiss teams (part of the 11.2 DB not of the files...)

- All club with values set for attendance, training, youth setup (part of the 11.2 DB not of the files...)

- File is split into different files (main files and add-ons)

Download

1) Main-File

This file is always required. Contains all the new leagues and cups

2) Liechtenstein Add-On

Only tested as Add-on for the Swiss file. Might be possible to use as standalone, but no guarantee.

-> JBZ also created a file for Liechtenstein, using the Andvanced Panel. It also works with my Swiss file. We will offer here as well soon.

3) Color Add-On

All clubs that have no color set in the DB, get a random color for home and away shirt. Still better than the default blue-white all teams get...

4) Status Change Add-On

Changes all Amateur clubs to Semi-Prof. Only use it if you are sure you want to have that!

5) Data Add-On

Transfers and Changes for Swiss clubs of the last 3 weeks. Plus several smaller corrections that didnt made it into the 11.2 DB

6) All Files in one File

If you are not sure which files to use, I recommend to start the game with files 1,2,3 and 5.

Some new Shots:

lc_cup.jpg

lc_cup_hist.jpg

u18.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
Great update, congratulations!

Did you also add players/staff? Are you planning future updates?

Some players have been added, yes, but only a handful. I dont know yet if there will be updates. Probably not, as I dont think it will be necessary. Only if there will be conflicts with any new patch.

Archived