+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Game Reinstall?

Amateur

Default Game Reinstall?

Hi,

I uninstalled FM10 a while back as it was impinging on my Uni work ethic! Now that the joyful summer is back I would like to reinstall the game. I still have all my validation codes and receipt numbers etc. Any advice on how to do this? Ps, I purchased through Steam.

Thanks in advance,

Rory

Moderator and Technical Support

Default Re: Game Reinstall?

Access your Steam account then download the game again.

Download Steam (if you don't still have it on your system) go the 'Games' section and go to 'activate a product on Steam'

From here you can enter your activation code and the game will be downloaded. Let me know how you get on, thanks.

Reserves

Steam's really good for this.

I had Medieval 2: Total war installed a while back, but then formatted my PC to put Windows Vista on and around the same time I moved to the south of England.

The box for Medieval somehow didn't make it down south and ended up in the loft up north (We're renting that house out) but when I reinstalled Steam, I just had to download Medieval again and it worked fine. Didn't need to put any codes in or anything, it knew I had the game. I was very impressed.

Amateur

Ok, actually it seems as if I just have my confirmation number for my purchase, while Steam is looking for my product code

Reserves

Maybe activation is different for FM, mine wasn't done through Steam just from the CD, I only used Steam for Medieval because it made me IIRC.

Like I say though for Medieval I didn't have to re-enter anything. Disk, box, activation codes and manual are all 360 miles away and it downloaded and installed fine.

Amateur

Yeah for some reason when I log in to Steam none of the details about my previous download of the game are there. Steam support say that the game should be listen in My Library, regardless of uninstall, but no joy.

Reserves

Are other games listed there? You haven't created a new Steam account have you, this is still definitely the same one you had before?

Reserves

Or maybe it's that you said you uninstalled FM. I never uninstalled Medieval, I just formatted my HD. Maybe that's the difference?

Amateur

No other games are listed there but that's because FM is the only game I've ever downloaded from Steam

+ Reply to Thread