Transfer Budget: £0

Wage Budget: 11k p/w

Main Sponsors: Combined Stabilisation

Home strip: Red shirts, red shorts, red socks

Away strip: Yellow shirts, yellow shorts and socks

Ground Capacity: 5,057 (2,000 seated)

League: Coca-Cola League 2

History

Accrington had been without a football team following the collapse of the original Accrington Stanley in 1966. The original team had been formed in 1891, and played in The Football League from 1921 to 1961; it had spent its final four seasons in the Lancashire Combination. In a meeting in the town library in October 1968 the revival was started and in August 1970 the new club played at a new ground, the Crown Ground. Since their formation, Stanley have climbed the non-League pyramid to reach The Football League. Eric Whalley, a local businessman, took control of the club in 1995 and started the development of the club's ground. After the club was relegated in 1999, Whalley appointed John Coleman as manager. In 2005-06, Stanley won the Football Conference and were promoted to League Two, switching places with relegated Oxford United - ironically, the team that was elected to replace the former Accrington Stanley as members of the Football League in 1962.

The club's recent rise to the Conference level, and eventually to the League, is attributed in part to the windfall of hundreds of thousands of pounds reaped by the sell-on clause in the December 2001 transfer of former Stanley star Brett Ormerod to Southampton, who paid Blackpool over a million pounds for his contract. Stanley had taken £50,000 from Blackpool in 1997 with the agreement that Blackpool would pay Accrington a quarter of what they might have received if they in turn transferred Ormerod to another team. The 2002-03 championship of the Northern Premier League followed quickly on Accrington's getting the cash. Further funds were raised with the sale of J.Gray to Stirling Albion.

On 21 August 2006, Accrington Stanley won their first ever Football League Cup match, beating Nottingham Forest 1–0. Their first appearance in the second round resulted in a loss on penalties against at the time Premiership team Watford at Vicarage Road.

2006-07 saw Accrington Stanley finish 20th in League Two. Stanley finished higher a year later in 2007-08, rising to 17th. 2008-09 saw Stanley finish higher still in 16th place with 50 points.

The club also has a women's team playing in the Lancashire FA Women's County League Division One.

On the 26th March 2009, Eric Whalley announced he would be selling his stake in the club and stepping down as chairman after 14 years.

In the 2009-10 FA Cup, Accrington Stanley reached the fourth round proper, their best FA cup performance, equalling the original club's best performance.

Information

Nation: England

Year Founded: 1968

Chairman Status: Loves the club

Legends: Paul Mullin, Brett Ormerod

Favoured Personal: Rob Elliot, Jamie Speare, John Smith, Godwin Antwi, Ian Craney

Icons: Jimmy Bell, John Coleman, Eric Whalley, Peter Cavanagh

Fierce Rivals: Barrow

Other Rivals: Hereford, Bury, Rochdale, Morecambe, Southport, Altrincham

Finances: Okay

Average Ticket Price: £15.00

Average Season Ticket Price: £200

Season Ticket Holders: 400

Estimated Value: £550k (Loan debt 22k)

Continental Competition: None

Media Prediction: 21st

Squad Personality: Loyal

Captain: Andrew Proctor

Ass Captain: John Miles

Squad

GK: Dean Bouzanis

GK: Ian Dunbavin

GK: Joshua Molloy

RB: Peter Murphy

DC: Phill Edwards

DC: Tom Lees

DC: Dean Winnard

DC: Johnny Flynn

DC: Darran Kempson

LB: Thomas Murphy

LB: Leam Richardson (Injured at the start, and in reserves)

RM: Connor Hobson

RM: Sean McConville

RM: Chris Turner

CM: Andrew Proctor ©

CM: Luke Joyce

CM: John Mullin

CM: Jimmy Ryan

LM: Robert Grant

FC: John Miles

ST: Billy Kee

ST: Michael Symes

ST: Gary King

Staff

Chairman: Ilyas Khan

Manager Director: David O'neill

General Manager: Robert Heys

Director: Jim Kenyon

Director: Geoff Heap

Director: Peter Marsden

Director: Mark Turner

Director: John Demaine

Director: Bill Holden

Manager:

Ass Manager: Jimmy Bell

Coach: Asa Hartford

Youth Coach: Phil Hackney

Physio: Ronnie Evans

Physio: Joe Hinnigan

Scout: Adam Taylor

Team Affiliates

Liverpool

Burnley

Radcliffe Boro

Clitheroe

Personal Best 11

------------------Bouzanis--------------------

Winnard--Kempson--Edwards--Richardson

------------------------------------------------

--------------Proctor--Ryan------------------

Turner----------------------------------Grant

----------------Symes--Kee------------------

OR

------------------Bouzanis--------------------

Winnard--Kempson--Edwards--Richardson

-------------------Proctor---------------------

----------------Joyce--Ryan------------------

--------------------Miles----------------------

----------------Symes--Kee------------------

With one of the youngest squads in the league you may want to loan/buy in some experience. The weakest position is left back and that needs adressing asap. Another Left midfielder would also be needed as currently there is only one:thup:

The Best Fans

The reason why we have the best fans in the football league (Everytime we come from an away game the other clubs forums are raving about us and how we put them to shame)!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VBTwb535Y8o&feature=related

• 1 month later...

This thread is a shame really, thought a little side like Stanley who seem to be very popular across the country would gain more interest. Anyway, think I'm going to start a game with them as it would be a shame to see this topic go to waste. Plus they have Billy Kee!

July 2009 - Season One

So.. Having cleared out the backroom staff, including Assistant Manager, all coaches and scout too, I decided to bring in my own staff to do a better job. Ended up with 4 new coaches, two general alongside a fitness and goalkeeping coach. A new assistant manager and three new scouts from different countries to give me abit more knowledge.

Friendly Results;

Stanley 1 - 3 Gillingham - Chris Turner

Clitheroe - 1 - 1 Stanley - Adam Blake

Stanley 1 - 1 Fulham - John Miles

Radcliffe Boro 0 - 1 Stanley - Billy Kee

Not an amazing pre-season but it's purely down to fitness than results really. There's one more friendly to go at the start of August against Burnley, which should hopefully attract a big crowd and abit of money.

Transfers;

Ins;

Antons Kurakins - Celtic - Season Long Loan

Outs;

Gary King - Chester - Loan

Bee Ami - Chester - Free

Alan Burton - Chester - Free

Peter Murphy - Vauxhall - Free

Ian Dunbavin - Luton - Loan

Scunthorpe just signed Robert Grant from them irl, no idea how well he's rated in game though. May give Stanley a go.

He's 2.5 stars at the start but has the potential to be 3.5 stars or a 'quality' player.

• 2 months later...

Im glad someone has finally made an Accrington thread, as I am enjoying the game with them.

First season transfers and league table here:

accringtonfootballmanager.png

accringtonfootballmanagertable09-10.png

As you can see, promoted at the first attempt, slightly disappointing that I was 1st until April and had a collapse but still, 2nd with Accrington is great.

Second season transfers and league table here:

accringtonfootballmanagertransfer10-11.png

accringtonleaguetable10-11.png

Quite happy that I survived relegation, when I was bottom at Christmas, so quite an achivement.

Third season, I'm sat in mid-table with few games left, can't get in the play offs this year, but hoping to push on next time.

I wouldn't be where I am now without these two players, albeit from Aston Villa signing one first season, and Stoke having the other, but loaned them every season and they are quality.

Bengali-Fode Koita:

accringtonkoita.png

Benjamin Jeannot:

accringtonjeannot.png

Will post more when I have done it. I would recommend an Accrington save to anyone.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

just started a game with stanley,had a good start to the season but thats mainly down to the loan signings from liverpool (pacheco,spearing,thelwell). I am in 4th place but its only october. I got Ndumbu-nsungu on a free and atm he seems to be playing well as a lone striker

Archived