How to get the best possible regens in FM10?

Hey guys!

In my current FM09 save I have only one country loaded with the top division in Spain with a small database. I have played about 20 seasons and seems the amount of regens has dried up a bit and so has the different countires represented. I would like may game in FM10 to be a bit more dynamic. I did the following search in my game that is 20 years old and a new game to compare the results.

Search: All current players that are over £10m:

A) Game 20 years old: 50 players representing 15 different countries

B) New Game: 85 players representing 25 different countries

So in anticipation of FM10 I would like to have more players loaded in order to have more regens and from many different countires (as the search showed 17 spanish players out of the 50 best players on the planet!). This is not a compliant as I know only loading 1 country will produce these results.

Basically I have a low spec computer and I know that the more leagues, loading extra players from countries, and having a large database will achieve what I would like, but I can not do this on my computer because it is not great but one league seems to be reasonably fast!! But I would like a recommendation from your experiences on how I could have more regens later on in the game but without being too detrimental to the speed of my game! (I know that is a bit contradicting!)

Over the weekend I have started many games with all the different variables aimed at having a decent amount of players but not being too slow!!! I have tried everything but don't think I have achieved the optimum mix. I know FM10 should be a bit faster and it will give us more details on what our individual computer can handle.

What would you guys say produces the most regens and from throughout the globe! Is it different leagues loaded, (read able / view only) , different countries loaded, or the size of the database? Without making it too slow to play. I know buying a better computer would solve this but this is not an option!

Thanks for reading! I know it was a bit long-winded but would welcome your comments. :)

You make some good points, after 15 or so years I was Portugal manager and there was 1 Portugese keeper in the game.
Just do what i did.Use DDT generator to load players from top clubs around the world.That way they produce more regens and you will have greater variety of regens.

Ok cheers guys. FM 1000 please can you tell me about the DDT generator? What does it actually do as ive never heard of it and where can I find it please? Thank you. :)

In my current FM09 save I have only one country loaded with the top division in Spain with a small database.

There's your problem.

Regens are much better represented for nations which have at least one league loaded. A small DB is exacerbating the problem - you're going to have very few players generated outside of Spain, and the top players in the world should be primarily Spanish, with un-signable "grey" players appearing on many of the top national squads (Brazil, Argentina, etc.).

For a long-term game (10+ seasons), I recommend a starting setup with the following nations marked "Playable":

Top leagues of Argentina, Brazil, England, France, Germany, Italy, and Spain ...

Plus:

Second division of the league you intend to manage in (or one division lower than you intend to start your career, e.g., if you want to start in England League 1, you'd set up England League 2 as "active").

Top division of any nation you'd want to manage the national team of (e.g., I have a soft spot for Holland so would love to manage the Oranje .. I need to have the Dutch Eriedivisie loaded to make that an enjoyable experience.)

If your league has typical feeder leagues, the top division of those nations (e.g., Poland and Belgium if you manage an English team).

. . .

If you're only planning to manage five seasons or so, the game balance is fine with a small DB and only one league loaded, but 20 years down the road it becomes very clear that the balance is out of whack, especially if you're playing one of the G-14 clubs or have built a club up into that elite status.

Ok cheers guys. FM 1000 please can you tell me about the DDT generator? What does it actually do as ive never heard of it and where can I find it please? Thank you. :)

http://www.ddtgenerator.co.uk/

This is the site.Just thick all clubs from what divisions you want and press generate DDT.Then put that in C:\Program Files\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2009\data\updates\update-930\db\930\edt folder if you have installed FM there.When you begin new game make sure that in preferences in extra files the DDT file is ticked.

There's your problem.

Regens are much better represented for nations which have at least one league loaded. A small DB is exacerbating the problem - you're going to have very few players generated outside of Spain, and the top players in the world should be primarily Spanish, with un-signable "grey" players appearing on many of the top national squads (Brazil, Argentina, etc.).

For a long-term game (10+ seasons), I recommend a starting setup with the following nations marked "Playable":

Top leagues of Argentina, Brazil, England, France, Germany, Italy, and Spain ...

Plus:

Second division of the league you intend to manage in (or one division lower than you intend to start your career, e.g., if you want to start in England League 1, you'd set up England League 2 as "active").

Top division of any nation you'd want to manage the national team of (e.g., I have a soft spot for Holland so would love to manage the Oranje .. I need to have the Dutch Eriedivisie loaded to make that an enjoyable experience.)

If your league has typical feeder leagues, the top division of those nations (e.g., Poland and Belgium if you manage an English team).

. . .

If you're only planning to manage five seasons or so, the game balance is fine with a small DB and only one league loaded, but 20 years down the road it becomes very clear that the balance is out of whack, especially if you're playing one of the G-14 clubs or have built a club up into that elite status.

http://www.ddtgenerator.co.uk/

This is the site.Just thick all clubs from what divisions you want and press generate DDT.Then put that in C:\Program Files\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2009\data\updates\update-930\db\930\edt folder if you have installed FM there.When you begin new game make sure that in preferences in extra files the DDT file is ticked.

Ok cheers for the feedback guys and the link! :thup::)

FM 1000

Sorry to be a bit thick, but can you explain in a little more detail how this DDT generator work as opposed to loading leagues or ‘load all players from…’ when starting a new game.

Also, with the method you describe to get the DDT file in the game, does this process still apply in the same way if you are working from an edited database rather than the official 9.3 database?

cheers

FM 1000

Sorry to be a bit thick, but can you explain in a little more detail how this DDT generator work as opposed to loading leagues or ‘load all players from…’ when starting a new game.

Also, with the method you describe to get the DDT file in the game, does this process still apply in the same way if you are working from an edited database rather than the official 9.3 database?

cheers

Well it just load players from clubs not nations and if you have low end PC like me you can still play with lot of players and small database with good speed.And it works with any database as long you have the DDT file ticked in preference in extra files.

Archived