Stop the rot

Praise them at the right times. Wish them luck before games, encourage them and praise good efforts in defeat. Also, I found picking players on form rather than ability tends to work. Anyone less than 6.5 doesn't feature in my next 11 until the people who replace them fail to make that 7 (6.5) grade.

It's hard to raise morale when your team aren't winning. Try and mix it up with your tactics etc to try and get that much needed win, when the wins start coming the morale will pick up. Also, try and praise your players for good performances even if it was a loss for your team, especially when your away from home - never a good thing to be harsh in your team talks when you lose away from home or to a bigger club!

Same thing for me mate, started the season great then in my last 6 games i think ive won 1, saved the game ready to get off and i seen i had arsenal next game so i played it and won 3-0:D So... save and hope is my advice.

an suggestions for raising morale

Arrange a friendly against a small terrible amateur team like Ossett Town - local team in Leeds - and use all 12 subs at half time. You'll win 12 or 15-0 and although it won't be a quick fix it might should increase confidence and may help you win the next game. Which is a start.

Archived