Does anyone know what happens if....

I sell several of my CL selected players during the Swedish pre-season?

To elaborate, I picked 25 players to compete in this seasons champions league. As I play in Sweden, the Knockout stage is at the beginning of my next season and during the pre season it appears I'm having to sell quite a few of my players...mainly because they become disgruntled if they are decent players, request to move to a bigger club, and end up moving to VFL Bocum, or Ankaracu in Turkey!

Now....I know that I'll be able to make 3 changes, what happens if I haven't got a ful compliment of players for a particular position? Am I going to only end up selecting 18 or so players because the rest have moved on?

Do you mean that you have selcted a squad for the qualifying rounds and you want to know if you can pick a full squad again if you qualify for the group stages?

Im unsure on the swedish league schedule you see.

I assume he is referring to the last 16. The Swedish League runs through the summer.

I'd imagine you would have to play with a depleted European squad if you choose to sell several players. I've had to do this in the past after making several sales in the January window.

I think he means that after the early group rounds you get to the knockout rounds which happen in February and you can register 3 new players.

If you sell players though I don't know if you just replace all of them with new players when registering. That is something I am not too sure on but imagine you could just replace them.

I am referring to the rounds that are scheduled from Feb / March time. You select the players again at the beginning of Feb, but I expect my squad to have changed around a lot. I have now received a transfer request from a 5th player. All from my starting 11, if I sign replacements, I'm assuming I can only select 3 of them. That would not be good.

On a positive note, at least I now have and extra £20million to spend.

Yeah you can only make 3 replacements regardless of how many players you sign. Slightly unfair on the clubs that have a different off season to most.

You were right, and it was as I suspected. Although, 3 of the replacements I signed are ineligibleto play any way. Means I'll be playing my rookie youth player at right wing against the likes of Sevilla..

You'll have to play your youth players. IIRC, players under a certain age (I have 18 in my head) - don't have to be registered to play. I don't know if thats true to real life, but it certainly happens in FM every year. I never register my U-18's even if they are key players. (I never used to register Fabregas for Arsenal, but could still play him).

So yea, basically, you'll have to play all your 17 year olds.

Archived