Handball?

Surprisingly enough I've just had my goalkeeper sent off for handball outside the box. He ran right to the edge of his area when the ball was no threat to the goal and heading out for a goalkick, all of a sudden play stopped, I assumed there was an off the ball incident but no he called over my keeper and sent him off.

Despite not having a keeper on the bench we played with a defender in goal for the whole match and some how won 2-1

Talking about goalkeeper handball gaffes, I just witnessed something really odd in a match I just played against Liverpool.

In the first-half, Reina ran to the left edge of his penalty area to pick up a long ball punted up by my defense. *Peep* and he was shown the yellow card for handball. I was really amused by this as it was the first time I had witnessed a goalkeeper handling outside his area in FM2009.

Fast-forward to the second-half, my defense clears the ball from a dangerous Liverpool free-kick and the ball headed towards the left of Reina's penalty area yet again. *Peep* and this time, out flashed the red card! Not a second yellow but a straight red! Needless to say, I was in stitches.

This was definitely not a case of "Once bitten, twice shy". :D

Archived