Job offers

Hello All

Here's my question, does it get harder to get job offers, the further you get into the game?

The reason I ask, is because Iam currently playing with Hoffenheim.

After winning 1st place in the second german division in the first season, i was offer several jobs, ex. Fiorentina, Levante, Verder Bremen etc. And also linke to even more.

I rejected the offers and stayed with hoffenheim.

My first season in the Bundesliga i finished 5th and got even more joboffers. Again I rejected all and contiuned with my Hoffenheim team.

Second seasson I finished 2nd and won the cup. But no offers, I wasn't even linked to any clubs.

Currently Iam in 3rd place, playing in the Uefa cup and still in the cup. But still no offers.

So is there any way I can increass my chance of offers?

Hello All

Here's my question, does it get harder to get job offers, the further you get into the game?

The reason I ask, is because Iam currently playing with Hoffenheim.

After winning 1st place in the second german division in the first season, i was offer several jobs, ex. Fiorentina, Levante, Verder Bremen etc. And also linke to even more.

I rejected the offers and stayed with hoffenheim.

My first season in the Bundesliga i finished 5th and got even more joboffers. Again I rejected all and contiuned with my Hoffenheim team.

Second seasson I finished 2nd and won the cup. But no offers, I wasn't even linked to any clubs.

Currently Iam in 3rd place, playing in the Uefa cup and still in the cup. But still no offers.

So is there any way I can increass my chance of offers?

The best way would be to resign or apply for the jobs - don't forget, just because you're not linked doesn't mean you wouldn't get the job if you applied.

It's obvious you're getting a little attached to your current club and you're reputation would've increased - clubs will think you're too high-profile for you to even consider them, and it may not seem worth it if you're stuck to your current club. Don't be bothered about the jobs you are linked with, because it's likely you would get a job if you applied for it based on your performance so far.

im not sure if resigning is the best way!!! I was playing Stranraer game and dont want to go through all details but was doing really well taking them from third to first division and winning challenge cup but thought taken club as far as they could go. I resigned mainly as 1 you dont get the stick of applying for jobs with a team. Anyway at first i tried just applying nothing then go on holiday no jobs accepted for years then suddenly a job for the worst team in league 2 england so accepted played like 2 games and suddenly now i get media saying im favourite for jobs constantly in division above its really weird.

at the end of my first season i was offered a job at exeter(1 league above) and linked with macclesfield(2 leagues above) rejected the exeter one(hoping to get letters of adoration from the fans, none came) now just finishing second season of and being linked with mid table league 2 jobs (2 league above) none majorly, just i the list, scared to resign and go ages without a job though.

quick question doesnt need a new thread, when a club are hriing a new manager do they base it on:

rep points, highest gets the job.

on results, most games won, cups won etc.

or randomly choose from those with a similar rep to the club.

id like it to be performance based but have got a feeling is based mostly n rep( know rep is performanced based but it also depends on league playing etc.)

i think jobs should be much more active...

searching for jobs i have to be very smart or il let a job opportunity pass me by!

and negociacions as well...and being able to create your own staff team following u to every club

In my current game (Newcastle United), I was offered and linked to quite a number of jobs a in and after the second season. I had won a UEFA Cup and a League cup but was performing below average int eh premiership. However I was offered the Man united job and a a few otehr top european club jobs, which i refuesd.

What I think happens is your loyalty rating goes up which means the media stop speculating that you will be taking otehr jobs, which also stops clubs approaching you as they beleive you wont leave your current role.

But, as rightly pointed out earlier, that doesnt mean you wont get any jobs if you apply for them.

I'm always very wary of what jobs I apply for though as in earleir versions of CM and FM, I had experienced careers where I couldnt get any jobs I went for, despite beinga reasonably good manager witha great track record with several clubs.

One particular career i remember was a few years back on either FM 06 or 05 where I was stuck at Chelsea (after starting at Hartlepool United, moving to Norwich and then Leeds Utd.) whereby I couldn't get even lower league jobs because I had applied for nearly every job going in the past few years and rejected most of them when offered them.

I think it effected my rating as a manger and clubs believed me to be disloyal so no one would hire me icon_frown.gif

Archived