Player negotiations..

Inter just offered me $30,000,000 for Cassano, and although he is the star player for my Sampdoria team, I am inclined to accept this offer, as he seems to be on the decline, and I can do alot with that $30mil.

I'm hoping to get one of their promising youngsters included in the transfer.

However, I think the game seems to be rather rudimentary at negotiating in these situations.

To experiment, I saved the game after the $30mil offer.

Then I asked instead for just $15mil + a player valued at just $4mil and they outright withdrew their offer.

I reloaded, and I asked them again for just $15mil + a 37yr old, unused, player worth $225,000 and again, they immediately withdrew their offer as if I'd severly offended them.

As much as I know it is just a video game.. If Inter agreed to pay $30mil for a Cassano, but Sampdoria said, "Don't worry guys just give us $15mil and a 37yr old valued at $225,000 instead," Inter wouldn't believe their ears in glee.

I dono what to do. Yes. I want to sell Cassano to Inter, but seeing as I want one of their players anyway, I'd like to trade in THIS current negotiation. It seems very illogical that the game is so black and white, "take it or leave it", "no compromise" sort of thing..

Any ideas guys?

Thanks.

The AI frequently offers me exchange deals (in 07 btw), I'd say 98% of the time I view those offers from a "Your having laugh if you think I'm agreeing to that", my scouts usually support that view too.

Occasinally the AI will offer a younger player with potential and these i find more tempting.

I've never succesfully used 1 of my players as an exchange chip, the AI has always refused.

It's always seemed to me the AI has a very poorly defined future-prospect handling aspect to it, as a player I have a 'Needed Now' & a 'For the Future' shortlist, if the AI had a dual list along these lines transfers could be much more interesting, making the AI more flexible with negotiations is probably a major coding change.

Yes that is a good idea.

(in 08) AI controlled teams would offer me players who I'd never dream of buying. They've also offered me a player + cash in exchange for one of my players, which turned out to be a surprisingly good buy, however, it is very common in reality for a club (lets say Club A) to make an offer for a player at Club B..

Then Club B would say, "Ok, you can have him, but I want one of your players".

Rarely is there ever a straight swap, like Player X for Player Y. But more often, Player X + $10mil for Player Y. etc. It would make transfers/negotiations, and the game in general far more entertaining if the AI could build a really smart transfer/exchange system.

Archived