Club Finances

Something that has bugged me for a while now is the deception from clubs who approach you. I was in my second season with Leeds having been promoted from League 1 and i was sitting nicely in 4th around christmas time. then i saw City had sacked Hughes and i was favourite. days later they aproached me and offered me a transfer budget of £125 million which i accepted. i then saw that the clubs balance was £54 million and after a few months i realised that i was losing over £5 million a month. my suggestion to this problem is being allowed to look at the clubs finances before agreeing to sighn for them.

With city I wouldn't be too worried as the owner puts in more funds when the balance drops below a certain limit. But yeah 'd like the opportunity to look at club finance before taking over.

yeh when the balance drops to a cetain amount the chairman tops it back up again.

yes but is too vague e.g. it said city were rich, they offered me £125 million budget but only had £54 million balance. even though this is rich it is not what i was told

When the filthy rich keeps topping up the bank balance I'd say that's rich :D of course you wouldn't always know this (though if it was a tycoon takeover that happened after the game started you could find out about it as well)...

yes but is too vague e.g. it said city were rich, they offered me £125 million budget but only had £54 million balance. even though this is rich it is not what i was told

did they give you 125 million to spend, even tho you had 54 mill in the bank, cos if they did then they didnt lie to you, they are expecting you to spend that money and recoup it in competition wins, my board regulary offer me more funds than i have in the bank as they know i will get a return for their investment (usually)

Archived