High rating for a player that plays like crap!!!!

In my experience, my defenders get always too high ratings, i can visibly see them making shocking mistakes, like giving the ball away, terrible positioning ect... but, because they're mistakes go often unpunished (usually due to bad finishing by the opposition, no thanks to the plonker of a defender!), it won't affect they're rating, which is wrong because it should! so that ****es me off when my defender gets a 7.3 despite creating open changes to the enemy, because then they won't understand if i punish them. Altough usually i'm so fuming that i punish them anyway :D

Does the game distinguish clear cut scoring chances from anything else that involves the striker firing at the goalkeeper? If not then 7 shots on target out of 11 is a pretty good ratio for a player. The fact that he didn't score any is the reason he didn't get an even higher rating.

Edit: Just noticed FM09 does distinguish...I've only played FM08.

Did he make all of the CCC on his own? Dribbling round players, setting up the play then trying to finish it off?

Most of the CCC came after passes from my CM and LM, so he didn t have to do $.....t. He rifled the opposition GK on every occasion. You would expect a player like this to get a rating of max. 5, but he got a 7.7.

I was gonna cut his payment for 2 weeks but didn t even have the option. We are talking about Keirrison if you wander who it is. He is playing on the same pos as ever, the same PI that got him loads of goals before.

My ass man said he was COCKY since the warm up.

Archived