Are players' ratings reduced when they're subbed?

I think the reason for player ratings changing after they go off injured or for whatever reason is because their ratings are not just based on their performance alone, it is calculated using a comparison with all the other players on the pitch, so if the rest of your team have a blinder after he goes off, his rating is likely to take a dip

Also, the simple fact that he was taken off will have an effect, basically he just wasn't on the pitch as long as others and so his contribution is deemed to be of a lesser standard

I think it's also that at the end of the game, you're seeing their rating for their performance over the entire game. Opposed to the rating you see as the game is being played, which is how they're playing at that moment.

So if a player plays say 5.5 in the first half, second half manages to up their game to 6.5, their total rating over the whole match would be a 6. If that player is subbed off, well before the 90th minute, then their overall rating would be lower as they played more of the game around 5.5 than they did 6.5.

Yeah it sounds like its averaged over the amount of minutes they play. Which I suppose is why on negative team talks if you ask you assistant manager to help his team talk to players who have come off is usually 'none'

Archived