When a big team is losing they become rediculously dirty in my experiences.

It's a bit over the top how dirty these sides become, whenever I've been beating man utd, arsenal, athletico madrid etc (especially over 2 legged games) I notice that these teams resort to absolutely kicking lumps out of my team. I just played a game in europe and again had 3 players with green crosses because I was winning on aggregate, plus 2 others who were on diminished condition.

I've been watching this a few times, didn't want to see it happen once and go off on a raging post when I'd lost, this time I hadn't but what was shocking was that they could effectively take out 5 players and only have 1 booking. The really daft thing is this rarely works, you get so many players charging in that if your team are playing normally they just pass around them and their team leaves gaping holes.

In the CL game just, each time they gave a player a green cross injury, they conceded usually because the defender had come up out of position to try and get the ball only to fail and then my team would break and score. Seems a bit of a daft extremity to go to for the AI in some matches.

Yeah I totally agree with you, i was beating a top class team in an FA Cup match (im in BSS) and they went mental, in the last 25 minutes they had 2 players red carded and another 3 players given yellow, plus 2 of those were penalties. Crazy if you ask me, oh and the 2 red cards resulted in 1 month and 4 month injuries to 2 of my players.

Yea, usually it doesn't work out well for them when they go like this, in my game its just they aren't getting punished for it. Fortunately they're only turning out to be small 1 week - 2 week injuries for me as well so not ruining my game.

I once had an opposition player break my strikers leg from behind when going one on one with the keeper. Kept him out for something like 6 months, seemed he only did it because we were winning 1-0 and another goal would have sealed the match so I wonder if the AI have something encoded that when they are losing they make it as painful for the other side as possible. Mind you I did go on and win the game 3-0 :)

Never noticed this really, but now I read it and think back of my game yesterday evening (beating a big European name in the Eufa cup first knockout round, got 2 penalties, they got 1 red card and 7 yellows, while the first leg, they won, was a fair game) yes you are having a point.

If it is always the case I can't tell.

This did cross my mind last night, am playing as Dortmund, won the league last season and went 3 - 0 down away at Dortmund (just one of those days i suppose), didn't change my tactics or anything, and what do you know, 2 red cards, and considering i only got 1 in the whole of last season, maybe a bit of dirty play, but im not too bothered, at least they care ey

Archived