Quick question - why is Traore ineligible for my 09/10 Arsenal Champ League squad?

Hang on, I think I might have worked out why. He was on loan to Pompey 08/09 (as per real life), who qualified for the UEFA cup via the fair play leagues in my game, and consequently he played two Euro Cup games for them at the very end of last season, even though it's for this year's competition. That's got to be it, right? And if so, is that how it works in real life or is it essentially a bug?

I've got no decent left fullback cover now!

Is it just Traore or other players too that are ineligable? Because i know between rounds you can only change 3 players that werent registered before hand, have you made them 3 changes and thats made him ineligable? Thats the only thing i can think of at the moment.

Hang on, I think I might have worked out why. He was on loan to Pompey 08/09 (as per real life), who qualified for the UEFA cup via the fair play leagues in my game, and consequently he played two Euro Cup games for them at the very end of last season, even though it's for this year's competition. That's got to be it, right? And if so, is that how it works in real life or is it essentially a bug?

I've got no decent left fullback cover now!

He's already played in a European competition this season (Euro Cup is this season's even it starts near the end of the English season) so is not available for selection. You may be able to register him in Janaury if SI have programmed the new rules in - one cup-tied player can be registered in the window.

Archived