when to reload before a takeover

hi all just wanna say before you all flame me that ive done a search and i couldn't find anything and i know that its cheating so here goes.

hi all i hear people saying a lot on here when talking about takeovers that sometimes they reloaded to make sure that they got a tycoon takeover, so my questions is when do you reload to make sure that this happens, as surely you can only reload after the initial message informing you of the takeover but how do you know when you're going to get this message are there any clues or hints that you're about to get a potential takeover.

thanks for taking the time to read this and i just want to say that i dint want to get any messages saying do a search or informing me that i'm cheating when i know that i am, but its my game and i want to play it how i want without people flaming or critizing me.

defo cheating in my book

like i said i know that its cheating but i paid my thirty quid for the game so i want to be able to play the game how i want, and i'm not disputing the fact that its cheating i'm just asking how its done.

but thank you for reading my thread and responding with your very helpful post.

The reason you cant find an answer is probably that many users definie it as cheating so therefore wouldnt do it.

There is an entire thread in the editors forum about chairman takeovers. I would have a look at that and see if that has the answer you need.

You right its your game so its no one else needs to give an opinion on if its cheating or flame you.

The reason you cant find an answer is probably that many users definie it as cheating so therefore wouldnt do it.

There is an entire thread in the editors forum about chairman takeovers. I would have a look at that and see if that has the answer you need.

You right its your game so its no one else needs to give an opinion on if its cheating or flame you.

thank you huwFlet that's all that i wanted a helpful reply to my question and i shall now go over to the editors hideaway and find my answer.

thank you huwflet for your help i appreciate it.

I don't think what you are asking is actually possible because takeovers take so long to go through and it might even collapse. So i would suggest, as HuwFlet said, to check that thread over in the editors forum but iirc it involves the use of third party editors so is a bit more complicated than just reloading on a certain date.

EDIT: Too late, he's gone now! :D

hi people ive looked in the editors hideaway for answers but haven't been able to find any answers so i'm just returning to my thread to try and find if anyone knows how to achieve this i really really want to know when to reload the game to get a tycoon takeover.

and by the way i could find information in the editors hideaway about how to force a takeover by using edt files and using the editor, but i'm not interested in that i just want to know when i need to reload as i feel that if i change things in either edt files or in the editor then that fells like even worse cheating to me at least.

and like i said i don't want people to flame me or critisize me as its my game so i wnt to play it how i see fit.

thanks again for reading my post and for your helpful reply s.

I don't think what you are asking is actually possible because takeovers take so long to go through and it might even collapse. So i would suggest, as HuwFlet said, to check that thread over in the editors forum but iirc it involves the use of third party editors so is a bit more complicated than just reloading on a certain date.

EDIT: Too late, he's gone now! :D

hi small mac i'm back :)

thanks for your reply if this isnt possible then i apologize for bringing this up as like i said ive seen people say that they managed to get a tyconn by reloading and i must have got confused or misunderstood what had been said, but thanks again for your very helpful reply.

I guess the best way is to save often with different file names (ex. save1, save2, save3, etc.) and keep those saves until a takeover actually takes place, or when it says the deal didn't go through.

If the deal isn't how you wanted it, you just have to reload that last save.

If that doesn't work out, you might want to try a previous save and so forth until you actually get the desired outcome.

It's just a idea, never tried this myself so don't shoot me if you keep getting same results, but like you say it's your game so you play it like whatever you want it.

I for one wouldn't do it but I'm a bit curious if the game actually gives different outcomes for it.

No problem :)

As i said, i don't think its possible through simply reloading the game. I also think i may owe you an apology as in this thread, which you also posted in, i seem to have implied it was possible to this :o

My best advice to you (which is a guess as i've never tried this), and if you don't want to use an editor, is to go a team who seem likey to see a takeover from the start e.g. Newcastle or Hibs. Save regularly, maybe every week or so, to differently named files. When you first get news of the takeover, reload to your save before this date and try it again. See if the type of takeover changes e.g. tycoon, consortium etc and if it does then keep reloading until you get tycoon (i assume this is what you're after). Then there is a case of hoping it goes through and doesn't collapse.

If this doesn't work then i'm afraid i can't offer anything more. It's just an idea off the top of my head so good luck and i hope it works :thup:

EDIT AGAIN: I'm just too slow at posting! Similar idea to RSCA4Ever.

Archived